Bjornebye

Euro 2020(21)

Woeful.  Didn’t help that they’ve brought on Sanchez.  If you’re struggling to pass the ball it’s Ill advised to bring a blind man on.

8 minutes ago, bizzle10 said:

Yes he is but a brilliant player didnt we have chance of signing him under Houllier when he was in portugal then fergie stole in ?

Yes. A deal at 5m euros or something then united bid 10 or 12m! Thommo said him and Ged were gobsmacked when they heard the manc bid. Something deffo dodgey went on there I reckon.

7 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

He may celebrate when they actually score one.

Well, nary a smile there for the third goal which he himself scored the curmudgeonly fuck.

Leave the non-celebrating sulk to Henrys and Cantonas of this world.

On 28/06/2020 at 00:24, Nelly-Torres said:

We definitely need a left footed back up/rotation option for Robertson. 

I like the look of Robin Gosens at Atalanta. He's 25, so a decent age. Plays left midfield for them in a 3-4-1-2 formation. But he looks like he could play left back easily. Fast. Can run with the ball and put in a good cross. Seems good defensively too. Quite tenacious. Plus, Atalanta play a high intensity pressing game like we do, so he wouldn't take long to adapt to our style of play. He also scores a few goals at the back post when it comes over from the right wing. He looks like he could slot in anywhere down the left side, so could even play with Robertson down the left. 

Just the way he chases and gets stuck in makes him look like a player who'd thrive under Klopp's style of play. 

Called Gosens a year ago. 

Go, me! 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Renato Sanches, not good enough for Swansea, good enough for Portugal. Pick the bones out of that.

He's had a rebirth at Lille. He's far better than fat boy William Carvalho.

20 minutes ago, bizzle10 said:

Yes he is but a brilliant player didnt we have chance of signing him under Houllier when he was in portugal then fergie stole in ?

I think we were aggressively monitoring him at the time. 

Portugal's full backs are getting shredded here. Semedo doesn't look like a footballer, and Guerreiro is playing like a Dortmund player on Bayern's ground - all 'Nam flashbacks and two left feet. They've done more than that gobshite Fernandes mind you.