Bjornebye

Euro 2020(21)

1 minute ago, Champ said:

That’s nice of you to think about me but the whole honours system makes me die a little bit inside these days. The same with Jordan; I know he has done loads of good work and I can imagine his family being so proud but I just wish we had a more ‘grown up’ way of recognising such acts of selflessness and generosity that has nothing to do with empire or repayment for ‘services rendered’ to corrupt politicians 

It was more the local reference and the "footbally" thing that I was referring to.

The actual Queen bit might as well be from a Corn Flake packet, I agree.

6 minutes ago, Anubis said:

It’s sad watching the continuing decline of Poland.

They not been the same since Hitler and Stalin pincered them in 1939, have they?

Although there was a heroic rearguard against the Germans by Lato, Gadocha, Deyna, Szarmach Tomaszewski and co in 1974.

• Upvote 1

23 years of waiting just to get to a major championship and then to be beaten in your opening game like that is more than a bit rubbish 

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

That Scotland kit is lovely 

Agreed.

I used to have this beauty back in the day.

scotland-86-gk-grey-boys_2.jpg

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Champ said:

Do you think? Maybe it’s me but I just don’t think it has quite the same meaning these days. Scotland feels like a different place and maybe doesn’t need that win over the auld enemy in the same way any more

I dont mean in the literal sense because Scotland dont have the quality players any more. What I meant was the fixture being played will be like the old days when it was played every year up to what, late 80s? It was closely contested but now there's a gulf in players level.

Just saw the Czech goal, and while it's mostly on the keeper, presumably none of his team-mates or coaching staff had a word to tell him to get back to his box from the ridiculously forward position he was in. 

Regardless, it was a magnificent hit, and he deserves all the credit for seizing the opportunity presented. 

Sky saying Harry Kane has been to the hospital to see his former team-mate Christian Eriksen…

”He’s dribbling a bit and just about stringing some worlds together, but other than that it was great to see Harry” said Eriksen 

• Upvote 13