Jump to content
Bjornebye

Euro 2020(21)

Recommended Posts

On 24/05/2021 at 01:30, 3 Stacks said:

I think either Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Croatia, Denmark, England, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Netherlands, North Macedonia, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Scotland, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine or Wales will win. 

Good call.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jose Jones said:

Yeah agreed.  Shit might be pushing it, but he can barely control the ball and can't pass it more than 10 yards.  Phillips isn't much better either.

Fucking hell.  There’s being one eyed about everyone else but your own team, and then there’s being just moronically wrong.  Well in. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

Yeah agreed.  Shit might be pushing it, but he can barely control the ball and can't pass it more than 10 yards.  Phillips isn't much better either.  I suppose neither of them were really helped by Southgate's tactics.

Mount was also shit.

Phillips was really good tonight. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

 I suppose neither of them were really helped by Southgate's tactics.

 

Disagree here man - the only reason they looked ok was because of his tactics.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

They will all be scousers! You just know it.

I was just thinking that one of the benefits of the whole "Scouse not English" thing is that no cunt can pin that on us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, stringvest said:

Fucking hell.  There’s being one eyed about everyone else but your own team, and then there’s being just moronically wrong.  Well in. 

He can't pass the ball and has no creativity whatsoever.  Depends whether you like a midfielder to be able to offer something on the ball, or just tackle and head it away I suppose.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Disagree here man - the only reason they looked ok was because of his tactics.

 

I'm with you, Howie...

 

I thought Southgate extracted the best he could from what he's got.  Some of these players are just shithouses or at best soft.  Sterling leads that pack for me.

And we can talk all we like about England never beating anyone and being lucky in the draw in every tournament, but the fact is.. they have now successively made a semi and the final in the World's two biggest tournaments.  Southgate might be a bellend or not, or whatever, but he must get some credit for that.

 

There is no reason to suggest they won't be there or thereabouts in Qatar. 

 

Italy for me, at the moment and in this tournament, are a clearly better team than England though.

 

And one last thing that won't be popular, apart from one boob that almost cost a goal admittedly, I thought Pickford was (at last) pretty world-class tonight and didn't deserve to lose.

 

 

 

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

He can't pass the ball and has no creativity whatsoever.  Depends whether you like a midfielder to be able to offer something on the ball, or just tackle and head it away I suppose.

He's a straight line footballer, he looks good when he's been aggressive high up the pitch but when he's asked to be an actual midfielder he can't do it. In simple terms a midfielder has to get the ball from defence and progress it to the attackers, he doesn't do either. He plays it straight back where it came from if he's even made himself available to relieved it in the first place. He could potentially make a good CB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:


 

COME ON ENGLAND 

Interestingly the England fans filming it are only concerned with them to 'pay yer fuckin money!'

 

Have they blamed Liverpool fans for this yet?!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

Yeah agreed.  Shit might be pushing it, but he can barely control the ball and can't pass it more than 10 yards.  Phillips isn't much better either.  I suppose neither of them were really helped by Southgate's tactics.

Mount was also shit.

I thought the whole midfield was shit, lame, no passing interchanges, no control, no guile. The forwards were not much better although the back five were solid and the full backs were the best of England's players,although helped by England's two defensive midfielders just sitting back. Southgate is just so negative, if Grealish and Sterling were not going to take a pen both Rashford and Sancho should have replaced then half time into extra time. The best side won that match.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Creator Supreme said:

Absolutely, good player too, hope he's able to shrug it off!

He's 19.  A talented footballer on money that he has enough of to give 70% away every week and save lots and lots and lots and lots of lives.

He'll be fine, I'd say.

He'll bounce back, the poor lad.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Red_or_Dead said:

What a fucking surprise.  It's shit like this is why can't support ANY England team.  What a fucking state this country is in.  Did that shithead Johnson turn up for this one?

 

Didn't realise only people from England could post on Instagram. Mind blown.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, s(k)aturation said:

 

I'm with you, Howie...

 

I thought Southgate extracted the best he could from what he's got.  Some of these players are just shithouses or at best soft.  Sterling leads that pack for me.

And we can talk all we like about England never beating anyone and being lucky in the draw in every tournament, but the fact is.. they have now successively made a semi and the final in the World's two biggest tournaments.  Southgate might be a bellend or not, or whatever, but he must get some credit for that.

 

There is no reason to suggest they won't be there or thereabouts in Qatar. 

 

Italy for me, at the moment and in this tournament, are a clearly better team than England though.

 

And one last thing that won't be popular, apart from one boob that almost cost a goal admittedly, I thought Pickford was (at last) pretty world-class tonight and didn't deserve to lose.

 

 

 

 

Have to agree that for all the moaning about Southgate's boring football, he has bored his way to the latter stages of two tournaments out of two, so maybe it works?

 

BTW, it turns out that I know Lucy Zelic's cousin, and had a few pre-match beverages with her (the cousin) yesterday.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

Have to agree that for all the moaning about Southgate's boring football, he has bored his way to the latter stages of two tournaments out of two, so maybe it works?

 

BTW, it turns out that I know Lucy Zelic's cousin, and had a few pre-match beverages with her (the cousin) yesterday.  

 

She's a spunk and a great chick.  We Croats have her as a bit of a "national" treasure.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, s(k)aturation said:

 

She's a spunk and a great chick.  We Croats have her as a bit of a "national" treasure.

 

You would have enjoyed the conversation of the old Melbourne Croatia Football Club (Melbourne Knights these days).  I was a bit lost being a recent anglo immigrant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Clueless manager, he has a nineteen year old take a pen under such immense pressure! You could read from the boy's face how overwhelmed he was. And another rookie in Sancho! What is Henderson for then if not for the experience? England stumbled into the final and shown that they're not ready yet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×