Jump to content
Bjornebye

Euro 2020(21)

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

Do you think in the run up to the 1966 final, English people spent the days saying how much they hated this country and most of their fellow population ? 
 

We are having a bbq, the kids are making banners and painting their faces and we are going to love every minute (until we lose). For anyone over 50, it’s probably the only final England will ever be in in our lifetime, enjoy it for fuck sake. 

DDBB35F4-92A6-4E75-9870-0608B61566D3.jpeg

Hope the kids have a boss day fella. I loved the 96 euros and 98 World Cup as a kid. Lucky gets. I’m off to a communion party for my missus friends son. They have sorted a big screen in their garage and the kids are all allowed to stay up for it. I’ll be leaving and watching it at home I expect but it’s always nice to see the kids excited. 

2 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

No, it’s just more meaningless piffle. That being said I can’t be arsed pulling the shite people talk on here any more I’ve better things to do with my time.

“Meaningless piffle” thats quite a dismissive Tory style response to whenever they get pulled up on something. You just didn’t like my answer. You don’t like being pulled up on your shite (who does?) 

13 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

A very bizarre article.

 

9D9CE2A0-C274-476A-B9AB-019F7AE7BDA3.jpeg

Daily Mail there stirring knee bending outrage amongst its readership. Cunts 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Harry Kane will be wearing white breast plate , chain mail and matching helmet and spurs emblazoned with a red 3 Lions motif.  EUFA have refused permission for him to enter Wemberly on a white charger carrying a lance. Daily Mail readers are outraged by the dirty forins interfering with the sport we invented. 

 

Cry God for Harry , England and St George. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, an tha said:

If you feel it is ok to stand arm in arm with the people who call us murderers, victims etc etc and who were all over social media desperate to see the season null and void when we were on verge of winning title, who would rather see Man City and their bent, cheating regime win title than us....if you want to stand for the same cause as the piece of dogshite below who wrote what he wrote about Liverpool and refused to apologise then knock yourself out...Me?...No thanks - fuck that.

 

As for your comments on 'used to' and the letters - you have clearly totally missed the point....

 

 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR_SumwEm5QgjOvDskXwZq

 

So you don’t stand arm in arm with any evertonians on anything then?

 

Anyway, I’m not arsed - each to their own. I understand the viewpoint, but I don’t share it anymore. I hate and stand against all the things you mention, but it’s fuck all to do with the English football team for me. I can hate Boris Johnson with a passion, feel forever angered about the despicable Hillsborough cover ups, and feel total contempt for dead headed and outdated chants about Liverpool slums and signing on, while still following the England team at a tournament. You think the Italians haven’t got the same skid marks within their national and recent history? I won’t feel guilty for not hating everything English. It isn’t shameful to be English. 

 

I obviously live away these days, but the buzz around when I’ve been out and about this morning is brilliant. Everyone letting each other out at junctions and in Aldi car park, cars playing that 3 lions. It’s lifted the mood big time. I’m going to get involved too - few scoops in the local with the neighbours this avvy, then round to the in-laws to watch the game later. 

  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, CapeRed said:

Is there a rule that you have to wear an away strip ? As far as I know you dont, especially as no clash of colours.

And why the fuck would Italy be given the choice as the home team? Like our lads playing spurs at home next season and saying “fuck it, we want to wear our white away strip today”. As Scott says, bizarre article. Brainless. It can fuck off

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Peroni trending on Twitter. Loads of posts threatening to twat anyone seen drinking it today. This is the problem I have with elements of the England support. It's lovely seeing kids with George cross face paints or diverse housing estates decked out in flags - it's just ruined by these cunts. For some, simply supporting England isn't enough. Its also regurgitating the same old xenophobic shite depending on who they play (my WhatsApp is still full of Hitler memes from when we played Germany). I was fully behind England in Euro 96 because it was an overwhelmingly positive experience. Certainly post Brexit, this new nationalism has some sinister undercurrents that I can't get on board with. That's before how I feel about the attitude of many towards scousers. I'm not arsed if England win or lose. I'll be happy for the players if England manage to do it, especially Hendo, as alot of them seem sound. It'll also lift the mood of the nation, which can only be a good thing. Unfortunately, I also expect reports of restaurants having their windows put through if England lose.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, belarus said:

So you don’t stand arm in arm

with any evertonians on anything then?

 

Anyway, I’m not arsed - each to their own. I understand the viewpoint, but I don’t share it anymore. I hate and stand against all the things you mention, but it’s fuck all to do with the English football team for me. I can hate Boris Johnson with a passion, feel forever angered about the despicable Hillsborough cover ups, and feel total contempt for dead headed and outdated chants about Liverpool slums and signing on, while still following the England team at a tournament. You think the Italians haven’t got the same skid marks within their national and recent history? I won’t feel guilty for not hating everything English. It isn’t shameful to be English. 

 

I obviously live away these days, but the buzz around when I’ve been out and about this morning is brilliant. Everyone letting each other out at junctions and in Aldi car park, cars playing that 3 lions. It’s lifted the mood big time. I’m going to get involved too - few scoops in the local with the neighbours this avvy, the. round to the in-laws to watch the game later. 

Well said. I used to work with a rabid united fan. He was sound. Maybe he sang 'sign on' at games, dunno.

 

I cant stand one of my fucking neighbours and their grown kids. Im not about to sell up and move because of some nobs.

 

I really dont know how some people get up every morning if all they concentrate on is living off the bile off others. Fucking weird if you ask me but hey ho.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, CapeRed said:

Is there a rule that you have to wear an away strip ? As far as I know you dont, especially as no clash of colours.


There isn’t. They are chatting pure bile, as per. 
 

Italy chose blue. England in white. Big deal. Would anybody expect anything different?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, CapeRed said:

Is there a rule that you have to wear an away strip ? As far as I know you dont, especially as no clash of colours.

Whoever wrote that article doesnt have a clue about football. So long as there's no colour clash with kit, each team plays in its 'home' or more correctly, first choice colours.

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

Do you think in the run up to the 1966 final, English people spent the days saying how much they hated this country and most of their fellow population ? 
 

We are having a bbq, the kids are making banners and painting their faces and we are going to love every minute (until we lose). For anyone over 50, it’s probably the only final England will ever be in in our lifetime, enjoy it for fuck sake. 

DDBB35F4-92A6-4E75-9870-0608B61566D3.jpeg

Sounds like a great family enjoyment day and what families should be about.

Hope you all have a great day fella.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Rushies tash said:

Peroni trending on Twitter. Loads of posts threatening to twat anyone seen drinking it today. This is the problem I have with elements of the England support. It's lovely seeing kids with George cross face paints or diverse housing estates decked out in flags - it's just ruined by these cunts. For some, simply supporting England isn't enough. Its also regurgitating the same old xenophobic shite depending on who they play (my WhatsApp is still full of Hitler memes from when we played Germany). I was fully behind England in Euro 96 because it was an overwhelmingly positive experience. Certainly post Brexit, this new nationalism has some sinister undercurrents that I can't get on board with. That's before how I feel about the attitude of many towards scousers. I'm not arsed if England win or lose. I'll be happy for the players if England manage to do it, especially Hendo, as alot of them seem sound. It'll also lift the mood of the nation, which can only be a good thing. Unfortunately, I also expect reports of restaurants having their windows put through if England lose.

My sentiments entirely. Loved Euro 96 but this time I am genuinely torn about who I want to win to the point where I was going to swerve the thing tonight but I will watch it and see how it goes and hope the best side wins. If thats England without booing the Italian anthem and without the aid of a laser display then fair fucks.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

Just to be clear, you’re hoping we get beat in probably the only final you will ever see the national team in becuase of Government regional economic policies from 40 years ago and some nasty away fans used to make fun of Liverpool and wrote letters to the papers. For fucks sake, you only get one life, maybe try to get over yourself and actually enjoy the brief period of being on the planet. 

Why should you have to enjoy it?

I've never had any affinity to England,I've never seen them play,I feel no attachment to them,so whu should I care if they win or lose?

This is in fact another thing that puts you off them,thst you somehow 'have ' to support them ,simply because you live on the sane rock as them

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I cant help thinking that the all clubs have kmobeads following them argument is a bit like saying all politicians are cunts after the latest tory sleaze. 

Obviously not all England fans are cunts but a sizeable minority have acted like total twats for over 40 years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

This is in fact another thing that puts you off them,thst you somehow 'have ' to support them ,simply because you live on the sane rock as them

 

But it's ok for French, German, Italians etc to support their country simply because they live on the same bit of rock? Honestly what a crock.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, belarus said:

So you don’t stand arm in arm with any evertonians on anything then?

 

Anyway, I’m not arsed - each to their own. I understand the viewpoint, but I don’t share it anymore. I hate and stand against all the things you mention, but it’s fuck all to do with the English football team for me. I can hate Boris Johnson with a passion, feel forever angered about the despicable Hillsborough cover ups, and feel total contempt for dead headed and outdated chants about Liverpool slums and signing on, while still following the England team at a tournament. You think the Italians haven’t got the same skid marks within their national and recent history? I won’t feel guilty for not hating everything English. It isn’t shameful to be English. 

 

I obviously live away these days, but the buzz around when I’ve been out and about this morning is brilliant. Everyone letting each other out at junctions and in Aldi car park, cars playing that 3 lions. It’s lifted the mood big time. I’m going to get involved too - few scoops in the local with the neighbours this avvy, then round to the in-laws to watch the game later. 

Stand with Evertonians? Not on football issues no....some social issues of course, because they are mostly cut from same cloth as us - most of the rest of this country are not.....but this is for meabout how the social/politcal and frankly culture issues breed into what wish for football.

 

On top of all the things i have previously mentioned about other clubs fans songs to us, all the politocal and societal stuff etc (i am sure you are aware of it) to me Ingerlund fan culture is the exact polar opposite of LFC fan culture....from all the 'No Surrender' 'On tour' 'For club and country' '3 Lions' shite they display on their George Crosses even when watching their clubs, to their shite generic 'please don't take me home' 'sweet caroline' blah blah blah songs to their 'German bomber' songs etc....

 

The pundits who are desperate for them to win, cheering on Harry Kane's dives then no doubt next season sitting on Match of The Day calling Mo Salah a cheat and a disgrace for going down....

 

The national papers and their xenophobic, jingoistic shite....

 

But to each their own....enjoy your day/evening.

 

As i haven't all tournament i won't be watching tonight, but i'll be hoping Italy win and i make absolutely no apology for that.

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fuck the haters. I'm Welsh by birth so was disappointed they didn't go further but I now genuinely hope England win it. The feelgood factor for the country is a massive boost after the last 18 months of shite.

 

I won't be singing or cheering any of them on with the exception of Hendo if he scores and / or gets to lift the trophy. But I'll be watching avidly and hoping they win. There's plenty of time to go back to hating other clubs and their players and all the horrendous shit that surrounds the game in a few week's time.

 

Some of you need to chill the fuck out and just try and enjoy something good happening in the country. 

  • Upvote 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally I'm not arsed about England for many of the reasons posted but I do get that some people are and have absolutely no issue with that. What I don't understand is why people on both sides of the fence feel the need to tell others what they should or shouldn't be doing. It's not going to change anyone's mind in the same way as me telling a bloo to support Liverpool wouldn't.

 

England fans can concentrate on enjoying the night and non-England can hope for an England defeat or luxuriate in not being arsed and watching purely for the football. Believe me, nobody is going to change sides now.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, an tha said:

Stand with Evertonians? Not on football issues no....some social issues of course, because they are mostly cut from same cloth as us - most of the rest of this country are not.....but this is for meabout how the social/politcal and frankly culture issues breed into what wish for football.

 

On top of all the things i have previously mentioned about other clubs fans songs to us, all the politocal and societal stuff etc (i am sure you are aware of it) to me Ingerlund fan culture is the exact polar opposite of LFC fan culture....from all the 'No Surrender' 'On tour' 'For club and country' '3 Lions' shite they display on their George Crosses even when watching their clubs, to their shite generic 'please don't take me home' 'sweet caroline' blah blah blah songs to their 'German bomber' songs etc....

 

The pundits who are desperate for them to win, cheering on Harry Kane's dives then no doubt next season sitting on Match of The Day calling Mo Salah a cheat and a disgrace for going down....

 

The national papers and their xenophobic, jingoistic shite....

 

But to each their own....enjoy your day/evening.

 

As i haven't all tournament i won't be watching tonight, but i'll be hoping Italy win and i make absolutely no apology for that.

I agree with most of that, but is England fans singing “Sweet Caroline” any different to us adopting “Ring of Fire” in the 00s?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Anyway I’ve really enjoyed this tournament . 

It's been good, hasn't it? Wales and Scotland being there helped lift the mood, some cracking goals, upsets and a generally decent standard of officiating. Hearing proper crowds again has been a tonic for the soul too. Good stuff all round.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/07/2021 at 16:27, Kevin D said:

If you support England, then fair enough. That's your business. But please stop using this thread to try and convert the rest of us to your perverted ways.

 

 

....

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Leaving bias to one side, I think the standard of football in this tournament has been really poor. All of the so called "big nations" (with the possible exception of Italy) have been bang average at best, and that includes England imo.

 

International football really is at a low ebb and given the circumstances, this tournament should never have gone ahead.

 

JMHO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Leaving bias to one side, I think the standard of football in this tournament has been really poor. All of the so called "big nations" (with the possible exception of Italy) have been bang average at best, and that includes England imo.

 

International football really is at a low ebb and given the circumstances, this tournament should never have gone ahead.

 

JMHO.

 

Thought the Italy Belgium and Italy Spain games were both boss.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

I cant help thinking that the all clubs have kmobeads following them argument is a bit like saying all politicians are cunts after the latest tory sleaze. 

Obviously not all England fans are cunts but a sizeable minority have acted like total twats for over 40 years.

I got into a conversation with a friend on mine who is a Palace fan. I mentioned I want Italy to win and I got that typical Southerner speech and also the "So a few fans who act like idiots makes you hate England?"

 

My response was. 

 

No being told the sun was right, being called a Murderer and we killed our own ect is the reason why I hate them.

 

He just looked at me a didn't say a word. 

 

Plus the fact there's a new video going around of England fans singing we hate Scousers. 

 

Fucking EDL loving, Sun reading wools. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×