You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Euro 2020(21)

Bjornebye

I saw a groundhog out hiking today.

I think it was actually a marmot.

First time I've ever seen one here in north central BC.

It seemed pissed off, for no particular reason I could see--sat there chittering away at me as I wandered by.

I wouldn't have taken it for a football fan, but who knows.

OKVaW3Q.jpg

• Upvote 7

10 minutes ago, polymerpunkah said:

It seemed pissed off, for no particular reason I could see--sat there chittering away at me as I wandered by.

OKVaW3Q.jpg

It was the first time it had seen an erect penis ... 

I'd originally intended to passively aggressively point out the derailment of a thread, but I'm much preferring this to discussing some diving shit bag. Top picture.

27 minutes ago, polymerpunkah said:

OKVaW3Q.jpg

34 minutes ago, Rushies tash said:

I'm not sure how symptomatic that is of England supporters, but it certainly tells me that a good proportion of people who live in this country are cunts.

Very much so and in my view the whole Ingerlund thing really brings out maximum cuntishness in those cunts.

Xenophobia and a jingoistic mindset is rampant amongst them.

1 hour ago, Rushies tash said:

I'm not sure how symptomatic that is of England supporters, but it certainly tells me that a good proportion of people who live in this country are cunts.

Why on earth would that story lead you to believe that a “good proportion”  of people who live in this country are cunts? I’ve lived here all my 56 years and most people seem ok to me like. Surely just the people involved in the incident are cunts, why the extrapolation? 

• Upvote 2

58 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

Why on earth would that story lead you to believe that a “good proportion”  of people who live in this country are cunts? I’ve lived here all my 56 years and most people seem ok to me like. Surely just the people involved in the incident are cunts, why the extrapolation? 

A good proportion of this country voted to elect Boris Johnson leader of this nation. 

Hope that answers your question. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

Not sure if I want Hendo starting this one as he could just become a scapegoat if things go to shit. Would like to see him subbed on early in the 2nd half though.

Yes , I think Italy will win and the obvious scapegoat would be a first time starter.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Scott_M said:

When was the last time a European country or club, won it on home soil?

France 98?

France blew it in 2016.

Brazil blew it in 2014.

Bayern blew it in 2012.

The mancs blew it in 2011 (that was Wembley).

Germany blew it in 2006.

Portugal blew it in 2004.

Another hosting nation didn’t get the job done last night…

7 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

A good proportion of this country voted to elect Boris Johnson leader of this nation. 

Hope that answers your question. 

No, it’s just more meaningless piffle. That being said I can’t be arsed pulling the shite people talk on here any more I’ve better things to do with my time.

4 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Looking at Phil.Fodon celebrating.reaching the final makes me feel proud to be Welsh, 

Another reason I'm glad I'm Welsh. Nice bunch these English football fans 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/jul/10/he-is-nine-years-old-more-danes-tell-of-being-abused-by-england-fans

Stick this into the shitness of modern football thread. “I went to a football match and people said nasty things to me”

If everything in there is true, then fair enough, on a human level it’s wrong. I very much doubt there were people shouting “you don’t belong here” to an away team football fan, or spitting at kids. Sounds like the old mick hucknall story I used to hear as a kid “he hates scousers - he spat in a little girl’s face who asked for an autograph” bollocks.

“They didn’t even check my bag - no wonder they had fireworks and laser pens”, Pointing a laser pen at an opposition is shithouse behaviour, but fucking hell the game has gone soft. This is one of the major things that has killed my attachment to it all. Going to Anfield on numerous occasions and sitting in a section of people there for the experience. Filming it on iPads. Singing on your own. It’s a theme park these days. An entertainment arena. I used to feel genuinely intimidated going to watch Liverpool as a kid, and that was in with our fans.  

No doubt there are some small time bigoted cunts following England, who luckily I never cross paths with to be fair, but “they shouted ‘fuck Denmark’ at us”. Come on.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

Every fan base has its minority of cunts. 

Yeah but let's not undervalue English football fans here, when it comes to being uber cunts the trophy is already in their pocket. Ie, I've been to see Wales a few times over the years at the Millennium Stadium and I've never seen the type of shit described in the article above.

21 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

Do you think in the run up to the 1966 final, English people spent the days saying how much they hated this country and most of their fellow population ? 

We are having a bbq, the kids are making banners and painting their faces and we are going to love every minute (until we lose). For anyone over 50, it’s probably the only final England will ever be in in our lifetime, enjoy it for fuck sake. 

DDBB35F4-92A6-4E75-9870-0608B61566D3.jpeg

In 1966 did the fans of all those other clubs that make up a very, very big chunk of Ingerlunds support week in week out in games v Liverpool sing 'sign on' 'always the victim' 'in your Liverpool slums' etc etc?

Had Liverpool as a city been treated like shite by the government for decades?

Had the person who was Prime Minister written a piece a few years before in a magazine calling Liverpudlians 'victims'?

Had the FA (who the Ingerlund football team is run by) been absolutely up its necks in the cause of and later cover up of the deaths of Liverpool supporters at a game in its cup competition?

Had the queen (who the Ingerlish national anthem pays homage to) presided over a nigh on 30 year miscarriage of justice by the legal system that she is 'crown of' around those deaths?

Were scores and scores of the Ingerlish public falling over themselves to spite Liverpool by sending in letters to newspapers desperately looking for the 1966 European Cup Winners Cup Final to be won by Borussia Dortmund?

Fuck Ingerlund....I hope they get beat tonight and I hope it is in the most heartbreaking way imaginable.

• Upvote 4

31 minutes ago, an tha said:

In 1966 did the fans of all those other clubs that make up a very, very big chunk of Ingerlunds support week in week out in games v Liverpool sing 'sign on' 'always the victim' 'in your Liverpool slums' etc etc?

Had Liverpool as a city been treated like shite by the government for decades?

Had the person who was Prime Minister written a piece a few years before in a magazine calling Liverpudlians 'victims'?

Had the FA (who the Ingerlund football team is run by) been absolutely up its necks in the cause of and later cover up of the deaths of Liverpool supporters at a game in its cup competition?

Had the queen (who the Ingerlish national anthem pays homage to) presided over a nigh on 30 year miscarriage of justice by the legal system that she is 'crown of' around those deaths?

Were scores and scores of the Ingerlish public falling over themselves to spite Liverpool by sending in letters to newspapers desperately looking for the 1966 European Cup Winners Cup Final to be won by Borussia Dortmund?

Fuck Ingerlund....I hope they get beat tonight and I hope it is in the most heartbreaking way imaginable.

Get off the fence and tell us what you really think.

• Upvote 1

If you look for reasons to hate something, you'll always find them.

The players tonight are not Boris Johnson, they're not Brexit, the National Front, the Queen, a failed legal system, horrible chants, bigotry or malice.

They're a group of professionals - which include the Liverpool captain and a fella who campaigns for feeding underprivileged kids - with a limited career life span, reaching one of the pinnacles of the game. That's it. That's all they are. Anything else is projection.

• Upvote 9