You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Euro 2020(21)

Bjornebye

1 hour ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Chiellini messing with Jordi Alba at the coin toss for penalties, then picking him up like he's a toddler, was the moment of the tournament for me.

Hahaha it was surreal. The fake punch to the chin that connected, Alba absolutely fuming and Chiellini just pissing himself, superb. 

56 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Yeah no reply to my question again. Not surprised to be honest. Brush it under the carpet etc. 

17 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Scottish fans boo it because in the sixth verse of the song, it urges God to help 17th Century commander Marshal Wade "crush" the "rebellious Scots".

I think GSTQ is past its sell by date and something more up to date would be good.

• Upvote 1

A little digging and Marc has Italy's schedule and fixtures. Also, Italy have an extra day's rest before the final. Italy played all their group games at the Stadio. Winning the group meant they were scheduled to play at Wembley. So they have played 1 more game than England away.

I really dont get the fuss.

https://www.marca.com/en/football/uefa-euro/2021/06/10/60c279e3e2704e49a68b469c.html

When are Italy's Euro 2020 fixtures

Italy face Turkey on June 11, then Switzerland on June 16 and Wales on June 20. All three of these matches will be taking place at the Stadio Olimpico in Rome, giving Italy home advantage in the groups.

• June 11 at 21:00 CEST: Turkey vs Italy, Stadio Olimpico
  • June 16 at 21:00 CEST: Italy vs Switzerland, Stadio Olimpico
  • June 20 at 18:00 CEST: Italy vs Wales, Stadio Olimpico

What happens if Italy win Group A?

If Italy finish top of Group A, which is possible, then they'll go to Wembley in the last 16 and they would face the runner-up of Group C, which contains Netherlands, Ukraine, Austria and North Macedonia.

If they were to win that last tie, their quarter-final would be in Munich and then the semi-finals and the final are all being held at Wembley.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, dockers_strike said:

A little digging and Marc has Italy's schedule and fixtures. Also, Italy have an extra day's rest before the final. Italy played all their group games at the Stadio. Winning the group meant they were scheduled to play at Wembley. So they have played 1 more game than England away.

I really dont get the fuss.

Because some people are fucking idiots.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Tony Moanero said:

Why do you dislike international footy so much, mate?

Always have done.

Felt totally detatched from the whole Ingerlund thing as a kid, and then developed a real dislike of it all as learned for myself about all the shite that goes with it for so many - xenophobia, racism, the whole little ingerlunder mentallity.....i've talked at length on here about the whole thing with how other fans are towards us 'sign on' 'in your liverpool slums' 'always the victims' 'murderers' etc.....

Add in i am fiercely anti royal - you can literally stick the royal family up your arse....fuck standing and singing god save the queen.

I think the FA are a shower of bent twats who were up to their necks in shite over hillsborough, end of the day the Ingerlund team is the FA's team.

Over the years i have come to loathe the culture around Ingerlund from 10 german bombers to the hijacking of the poppy to their fans shite george cross flags with 'on tour' 'no surrender' and their shite little town name or club name on (often with a poppy too)

The way it has increasingly led to problems in the season too with the ridiculous international breaks and meaningless games shoehorned on with players playing 3 games in 7 days, flying all over place and being fucked for league games....and now we even have situations where players are going to have to miss chunks of the season for their employers to go and play international games.

Having such feelings about Ingerlund really switched me off international footy totally and it has grown from there through all the things i mentioned above.

I find it staggering that some think we are meant to stand arm in arm with Chelsea fans et al and all stand together for Ingerlund....not for me, thanks.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 13
  • Downvote 1

21 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Scottish fans boo it because in the sixth verse of the song, it urges God to help 17th Century commander Marshal Wade "crush" the "rebellious Scots".

Not actually true. That is one of many unofficial verses that have been added and removed by various parties over the centuries; indeed, contemporaneous with that anti-Jacobite verse was an alternate verse that expressed sympathies with Bonnie Prince Charlie.

10 minutes ago, an tha said:

Always have done.

Felt totally detatched from the whole Ingerlund thing as a kid, and then developed a real dislike of it all as learned for myself about all the shite that goes with it for so many - xenophobia, racism, the whole little ingerlunder mentallity.....i've talked at length on here about the whole thing with how other fans are towards us 'sign on' 'in your liverpool slums' 'always the victims' 'murderers' etc.....

Add in i am fiercely anti royal - you can literally stick the royal family up your arse....fuck standing and singing god save the queen.

I think the FA are a shower of bent twats who were up to their necks in shite over hillsborough, end of the day the Ingerlund team is the FA's team.

Over the years i have come to loathe the culture around Ingerlund from 10 german bombers to the hijacking of the poppy to their fans shite george cross flags with 'on tour' 'no surrender' and their shite little town name or club name on (often with a poppy too)

The way it has increasingly led to problems in the season too with the ridiculous international breaks and meaningless games shoehorned on with players playing 3 games in 7 days, flying all over place and being fucked for league games....and now we even have situations where players are going to have to miss chunks of the season for their employers to go and play international games.

Having such feelings about Ingerlund really switched me off international footy totally and it has grown from there through all the things i mentioned above.

I find it staggering that some think we are meant to stand arm in arm with Chelsea fans et al and all stand together for Ingerlund....not for me, thanks.

Where you watching the game Sunday night mate? 

Just now, El Rojo said:

I think he needs more than that. High level meeting with top UEFA officials now, with Mancini leading them through a slickly produced video dossier of Shaw and Phillips kicking out at everything with impunity while Kane and Sterling fall everywhere at the other end. 

He needs to push the boat out - slow motion, additional visual effects and maybe a bit of Andrea Bocelli in the background for the coda. 

Paulie has launched the opening salvo:

• Upvote 1

Being lumped in with England fans when you're a red is like one of those episodes of the twilight zone where people wake up and find they're in the deep south or something and being chased by the Clan, then they knock on a door for help and a giant onion opens it or some shit. 

"Section 31 was just an ordinary man minding his own business when suddenly he woke to find hismelf in Trafalgar Square surrounded by drunken, racist estate agents, singing 'three lines' on a shirt, and simultaneously making racial slurs about Italians while also drinking Peroni. In a desperate effort to escape he got into a taxi and said 'take me to Anfield. But the taxi driver, who is Zoe Ball, turns around and says 'what's an Anfield?'.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 11