You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Euro 2020(21)

Bjornebye

I am pleased England got to the final. I feel we are massively lucky to have a fantastic club like LFC to follow and don't begrudge supporters who are the lifeblood of lower league teams the chance to engage with elite level football. Sure there are dickheads following England , but then there are dickheads everywhere.

• Upvote 7

6 minutes ago, sir roger said:

I am pleased England got to the final. I feel we are massively lucky to have a fantastic club like LFC to follow and don't begrudge supporters who are the lifeblood of lower league teams the chance to engage with elite level football. Sure there are dickheads following England , but then there are dickheads everywhere.

You see, this is how I should feel about England fans but one look at Johnson with his shirt on over his suit or Patel pretending to be screaming in joy at the result makes me want the whole county to blow up.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Special K said:

You see, this is how I should feel about England fans but one look at Johnson with his shirt on over his suit or Patel pretending to be screaming in joy at the result makes me want the whole county to blow up.

Rees Mogg and family are Reds I believe but I can't control that or let that dampen my love for the club. The Johnson / Patel insincerity has seemed to work against them judging by the response.

1 hour ago, andrew78 said:

Is it wrong to feel I'm not bothered we made the final ,I'm very patriotic, but I just carnt stand any of these players ,barring Henderson, my only wish was it was the team of 90,96, or even 98 propa footballers with characters 

Exactly my thoughts

23 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Rees Mogg and family are Reds I believe but I can't control that or let that dampen my love for the club. The Johnson / Patel insincerity has seemed to work against them judging by the response.

Just wait for the final and if England win.

He'll be front and centre gurning that shit eating grin of a simpleton who knows their lucks in.

It'll be about how Brexit allowed our stadiums to be full, how he personally intervened to get the games here, how he wants a world cup, how he personally messaged Garath on the day of the final telling him who to play, The Knighthoods, the MBE's the photos outside No10 all of it propoganda and populism, fuck that.

God save the fucking queen, indeed.

It'll be unbearable and all from a man who hates football and loaths football fans unless they're stupid enough to swallow his nonsense, said it was OK to boo people legitimately protesting against racism and bias and a man who gave the nod to the much hated Super League.

Fuck that chancer.

• Upvote 1

Patel is one brass necked bitch; if she had her way half the Ingerlund team wouldn’t be ”english”. Neitther would she for that matter. Talking of cunts, catcher’s twitter feed shows how little he knows about football, praising phillips and rice, etc etc, think he has a crush on pickford.

1 hour ago, andrew78 said:

Is it wrong to feel I'm not bothered we made the final ,I'm very patriotic, but I just carnt stand any of these players ,barring Henderson, my only wish was it was the team of 90,96, or even 98 propa footballers with characters 

This competition says more about European football than the England players. Most of the teams in this competition have been filled with bang average players. Spain have regressed, as have Germany. France are not in the same league as former internation teams. The only high performing teams are Belgium and Italy. Imagine this England team against the great Spanish, French or German teams?

Fair play for their achievements, but it's not exactly made England look like world beaters.

Just read that pen was dead soft.

Imagine MOTD on a sat night of it was Mane or Salah - they'd be being called cheats by Shearer et al.....

And slagged of in media and slagged off like fuck by pretty much all other clubs fans on twitter.

10 hours ago, Kevin D said:

It was sickening. Hopefully Mancini brings up the antics of Sterling and Kane in his press conference, puts pressure on the referee to stamp it out. We want to see a football match, not another theatrical performance.

I think he needs more than that. High level meeting with top UEFA officials now, with Mancini leading them through a slickly produced video dossier of Shaw and Phillips kicking out at everything with impunity while Kane and Sterling fall everywhere at the other end. 

He needs to push the boat out - slow motion, additional visual effects and maybe a bit of Andrea Bocelli in the background for the coda. 

I don't mind Southgate on a personal level but its shit on a stick football for sure. As for the diving...well it was horrendous all over. Grealish...fuck me. the guy is talented for sure but two touches and he's swan diving all over the shop. Embarrassing. As for Sterling, he's always been a serial diver.

To be fair it's easy to see why reds don't like England as much. England fans remind me of mancs, they're cut from the same cloth. They tend to hail from the same places (smaller towns with obscure footy teams) so it gives them a day out.

Their football pleasure isn't derived from actually watching games, but in trying to look down at rivals and one upmanship. Not interested when the going gets tough, be it green and gold scarves or booing their own side. They only know one or two songs, save for derogatory chants.

They've got no footballing soul at all. They're the antithesis of this club's following. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

12 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

Fuck me, do you ever keep up with events? UEFA sanctioned the locations due to covid being rampant in Europe.

So how did England manage to play all of their games at home bar one? Thats what I'm talking about. Whack it out between countries fair enough but make it a level playing field for travel.

4 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

To be fair it's easy to see why reds don't like England as much. England fans remind me of mancs, they're cut from the same cloth. They tend to hail from the same places (smaller towns with obscure footy teams) so it gives them a day out.

Their football pleasure isn't derived from actually watching games, but in trying to look down at rivals and one upmanship. Not interested when the going gets tough, be it green and gold scarves or booing their own side. They only know one or two songs, save for derogatory chants.

They've got no footballing soul at all. They're the antithesis of this club's following. 

The England team is almost an exact replica of Man Utd. The gamesmanship, the dour football, the luck, the individual brilliance to see a result through.

That penalty was worse then Maradona hand of god, not only did the ref fuck it up this time, the video ref also just closed his monitor and said penalty. And the world of football just shrugs it off. There is absolute no reason for any VAR when the video ref cant see that the ref made a huge error. How much bigger can they get?

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

The England team is almost an exact replica of Man Utd. The gamesmanship, the dour football, the luck, the individual brilliance to see 

28 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

I don't mind Southgate on a personal level but its shit on a stick football for sure. As for the diving...well it was horrendous all over. Grealish...fuck me. the guy is talented for sure but two touches and he's swan diving all over the shop. Embarrassing. As for Sterling, he's always been a serial diver.

FFS. England players are no worse at diving than the French, Spanish or Italians. There were people on this site praising the Italians for their glorious shithousery the other night but now its so wrong when England do it ??. FWIW I think diving is wrong regardless of the team doing it but I guess the game is evolving that way now and so I guess the England players would be naive to not do it. I expect more from.both sides in the final, shite really.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Stickman said:

Got to be hard for Grealish to come back from that , It’s  always embarrassing for a sub subbed

I know it was tactical but will he trust/play him again ? 

If he is a pro he will understand.