Quantcast
Euro 2020(21) - Page 28 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Bjornebye

Euro 2020(21)

8 hours ago, Anubis said:

Denmark should just think about packing up and walking out of the tournament. Shameful if they came under UEFA pressure to play so soon. You could see how badly their players were affected by the incident at the time. National FA’s need to show some balls and some solidarity.

This.

11 hours ago, Trumo said:

You lot talking about that offside must have forgotten the Harry Kane incident at Anfield that led to the dodgy pen a few years back. Kane was already offside when the pass was played towards him. Lovren tried to intercept (he couldn't assume Kane was offside and had to try and play the ball, and there was no VAR in the PL at the time) but got a faint touch on it. Kane ran through and 'initiated contact' with Karius. Kane missed the penalty anyway, but still benefitted from being in an offside position. It's a terrible law that needs correcting, but they don't see things like that as gaining an advantage, whereas a stray hair and fraction of a millimetre (maybe) beyond the last defender is definitely seen as gaining an advantage.

We had a goal disallowed this season just gone when a defender touched the ball, perhaps playing Jota onside, but it was deemed accidental. Can’t remember the who we were playing although it was at Anfield. 

1 minute ago, Barnesey said:

We had a goal disallowed this season just gone when a defender touched the ball, perhaps playing Jota onside, but it was deemed accidental. Can’t remember the who we were playing although it was at Anfield. 

I thought it was deemed the defender tried to touch it, but didn't. Therefore ball was from Liverpool player to Liverpool player and offside. 

It was late in the season, may have been Villa but not sure.

4 minutes ago, skaro said:

If any gentlemen/scholar has a "safe" stream for the England/Croatia game for my Dad to watch on his Mrs PC, I'd be grateful for the link.

Try Hesgoal, even I can use it.

Oh hang on, it’s on peasant TV isn’t it? Just go to the god awful ITV.com

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DJLJ said:

The danish national team coach has clarified in the post match interviews that there was never any real opportunity to cancel the games. They were pressured to play on or to finish the game Sunday at noon. What absolute cunt of an organisation UEFA is.

The Danish captain Simon Kjær was one of the worst affected and the reason he came off was because he simply couldn't handle it any longer. 

https://ekstrabladet.dk/sport/fodbold/landsholdsfodbold/presset-til-at-spille-behov-for-krisehjaelp/8626994

I don't know if something's lost in translation, but it doesn't sound quite as bad as you suggest:

Hjulmand described how the players agreed to wait until they were sure Eriksen was OK, and then chose between the two options they were offered: either to carry on or to return on Sunday at 2pm. “There was no pressure from Uefa to play tonight,” he said. “We knew we had two options. The players couldn’t imagine not being able to sleep tonight and then having to get on the bus and come in again tomorrow. Honestly it was best to get it over with. Of course you can’t play a game with such feelings and what we tried to do was incredible.”

11 minutes ago, Reckoner said:

Try Hesgoal, even I can use it.

Oh hang on, it’s on peasant TV isn’t it? Just go to the god awful ITV.com

I wouldn't be able to get ITV in Australia I don't think.

Sorry, Joseph, but it’s the very definition of being pressurised.

Sorry you’ve all just stood and watched a team mate effectively collapse, to all intents and purposes die, and be resuscitated on the pitch, but if you can either just finish it now or by 12 tomorrow then that’s good for us.

the last sentence is a very diplomatic way of saying their heads were fucked. And why wouldn’t they be. They’d just gone through a very traumatic situation and were being told “yeah, sorry to hear that but just get on with it.”

Every national FA involved should sign a letter of condemnation of UEFA’s behaviour. They need a shot across the bows.

13 minutes ago, Josef Svejk said:

I don't know if something's lost in translation, but it doesn't sound quite as bad as you suggest:

Hjulmand described how the players agreed to wait until they were sure Eriksen was OK, and then chose between the two options they were offered: either to carry on or to return on Sunday at 2pm. “There was no pressure from Uefa to play tonight,” he said. “We knew we had two options. The players couldn’t imagine not being able to sleep tonight and then having to get on the bus and come in again tomorrow. Honestly it was best to get it over with. Of course you can’t play a game with such feelings and what we tried to do was incredible.”

- Vi blev præsenteret for to muligheder. Kampen skulle spilles færdig i aften (lørdag, red.) eller søndag kl. 12.00.

- Det var totalt uoverskueligt for spillerne at tage hjem på hotellet, ikke sove hele natten og så starte bussen for at køre tilbage søndag og spille kampen færdig.

- Helt ærligt handlede det om at få det overstået. Det var, hvad spillerne valgte sammen, siger en meget bevæget Kasper Hjulmand på pressemødet efter nederlaget.

-> We got 2 choices. The game should be finished tonight or tomorrow Sunday at 12. 
it wasn’t something the team could face to go back to the hotel, not sleep all night and then start the bus to get back here and play n Sunday. 
to tell you the truth, we just wanted to get it over with. That was what the players chose. Says Kasper Hjulmand at the press conference after the defeat. 

those was his exact words. 

• Upvote 2

Utterly bizarre. Shaw and Chilwell have played really well this season, ridiculous they are being shifted so there is basically a set piece taker in the side.

Mings was dreadful in the last friendly, that type of performance should play you out of the team. 

6C07DB52-780C-4DA8-94E5-74E53B023FB4.png

5 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Every national FA involved should sign a letter of condemnation of UEFA’s behaviour. They need a shot across the bows.

Absolutely disgraceful that UEFA even considered it acceptable to ask did they want to play on, never mind allow it. Zero consideration of what every single player went through, it was obvious to everyone that that neither team was in a fit state to play.

Completely disgusting and UEFA should be universally derided for that.

25 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Sorry, Joseph, but it’s the very definition of being pressurised.

Sorry you’ve all just stood and watched a team mate effectively collapse, to all intents and purposes die, and be resuscitated on the pitch, but if you can either just finish it now or by 12 tomorrow then that’s good for us.

the last sentence is a very diplomatic way of saying their heads were fucked. And why wouldn’t they be. They’d just gone through a very traumatic situation and were being told “yeah, sorry to hear that but just get on with it.”

Correct.  Even Fabregas and Richards said they would not have been able to continue the game as the Danes did.  I actually found the honesty from both of them refreshing.

38 minutes ago, DJLJ said:

- Vi blev præsenteret for to muligheder. Kampen skulle spilles færdig i aften (lørdag, red.) eller søndag kl. 12.00.

- Det var totalt uoverskueligt for spillerne at tage hjem på hotellet, ikke sove hele natten og så starte bussen for at køre tilbage søndag og spille kampen færdig.

- Helt ærligt handlede det om at få det overstået. Det var, hvad spillerne valgte sammen, siger en meget bevæget Kasper Hjulmand på pressemødet efter nederlaget.

-> We got 2 choices. The game should be finished tonight or tomorrow Sunday at 12. 
it wasn’t something the team could face to go back to the hotel, not sleep all night and then start the bus to get back here and play n Sunday. 
to tell you the truth, we just wanted to get it over with. That was what the players chose. Says Kasper Hjulmand at the press conference after the defeat. 

Peter Schmeichel was on bbc 5 live earlier criticising UEFA for this, if you want to hear that and also the feed that most tv stations was using, which is the one that was zooming in on Christian Eriksen getting chest compressions etc. was an UEFA controlled ‘world feed’.  The more I hear about these cunts the more despicable they are. Utter utter scum. 

What are the Finns saying? Were they pressured into playing too?

I was shocked to see game was resumed so soon but simply cannot believe someone can pressure you into playing after what happened. You refuse and go public with what they are trying to do to you and everybody will be on your side. This day and age this is all that matters.

15 hours ago, Red Shift said:

I can’t imagine the amount of tests he’ll be going through before stepping onto a footy pitch again. I’m trying to remember the name of the football player from years ago with the hole in the heart?

The doctor doing all of Spurs medical was being interviewed and they say the go through a full examination each year. He said that until 2019, when he last examined Eriksen, he had perfect heart condition, obviously couldn’t say if something had happened later on. He said he was worried he had missed something, after what happened yesterday, so went over all the test results again and still the same result, perfect heart tests. 

https://ekstrabladet.dk/sport/fodbold/landsholdsfodbold/hjertelaege-eriksen-havde-perfekte-hjertetest-i-tottenham/8628275

1 hour ago, DJLJ said:

Those words are the only ones that really matter, when understanding how UEFA saw the situation.

11 hours ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Russia is a vast country, with a fair interest in football, isn't it? 

Why no random discovery of a new superstar? It seems to defy the odds of not uncovering an Owen, or a Rooney, nevermind a Messi or Ronaldo. 

Probably lack of facilities and resources is my guess? For all the faults of Communist Russia,sport was high on their agenda even if was for propaganda purpose as much as anything. A lot of Russia is now a soulless wasteland devoid of social organisations such as sports clubs. Many stand abandoned and ruined in former USSR countries too.

25 minutes ago, Anubis said:

#southgateout trending on Twitter because of his rumoured team selection…

Looking belatedly at an article in a free newspaper magazine about the Euros and trying to compute why Croatia are 6/1 against when they have Modric , Rebic, Kramaric, Orsic, Kovacic, Perisic and Vlasic ( and probably a load of other decent ic's )

4 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Looking belatedly at an article in a free newspaper magazine about the Euros and trying to compute why Croatia are 6/1 against when they have Modric , Rebic, Kramaric, Orsic, Kovacic, Perisic and Vlasic ( and probably a load of other decent ic's )

Sounds a bit icky….

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, sir roger said:

How could you forget Big Dejan?

• Upvote 1