You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Euro 2020(21)

Bjornebye

34 minutes ago, Em City said:

Translation: I only watch the Premier League and England have the better players because I couldn't pick the Italian ones out of a lineup before this tournament.

I don’t watch Italian football, but from

what I’ve seen in Italy so far, England are best set up to cope with Italy.

Italy play like a Premiership side - press, pace, counters. These are things England are also good at or have the players to potentially nullify.

Also, Italy looked to lose Chiesa last night to injury, that would be a big loss. 

If it’s the final, you’d hope England would treat it like a Premiership game and meet Italy head on, but I bet they wouldn’t and would play some more negative shit. 

My mrs is desperate for Henderson to play tonight so she hasnt got to listen to me, sat with my arms folded, prattling on all through the game about how negative Southgate is and how Henderson brings more than Rice and Phillips combined.

• Upvote 3

I see the people who organised the online collection for the crying German girl ("to show her that not everybody in the UK is horrible") have made contact with her family. The family decided that the money raised, all £36,000 of it, should go to UNICEF.

Nice interlude over. Let's get back to being cunts to each other.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Mike D said:

Is the Italian job on the telly this week? The proper one with Michael Caine. I’m sure they always put it on whenever England play Italy.

Steady on. They might be showing some bleak, Nordic Noir arthouse film about Danish blaggers in Italy.

4 hours ago, Poster said:

C62-B9792-F99-D-44-C1-BB94-81-D49898-F42

How low will they go if England make the final.

Rub that cock (picture of a cockerel)

I haven't bought a newspaper for over 25 years, well I seem to recall buying one on 26th May 2005 to keep as a souvenir, but as I've never seen it since I'm not sure now. 

I can't imagine anyone actually does this crap, "Hey Olive, quick pass me the newspaper, I've got to rub Harry's balls for luck."

"Oh Arthur"

On The Buses rep.

Currently in Parliament, the Tories are passing Bills to rip up our right to protest, restrict our right to vote, violate the country's obligations under the Refugees Convention and sell off even more of the NHS, all while they are ignoring medical advice to take another reckless gamble on Covid which will result in many (hundreds? thousands?) unnecessary deaths.

But ignore that. Rub Harry's balls. Go on. Rub them.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Poster said:

C62-B9792-F99-D-44-C1-BB94-81-D49898-F42

I came on here (see what I did there?) only to see whether there is any mention of Ferdinand's Thiago claim. Then I saw this. Wonderful. Right up there with the Carry Ons, saucy postcards and Benny Hills.

I have watched maybe ten minutes of football in this tournament and that was too much. I desperately want England to lose. But I love that front page. 

1 hour ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I see the people who organised the online collection for the crying German girl ("to show her that not everybody in the UK is horrible") have made contact with her family. The family decided that the money raised, all £36,000 of it, should go to UNICEF.

Nice interlude over. Let's get back to being cunts to each other.

Nice gesture on both sides that (the Welsh bloke for organising it, and the kids family for asking it to go to charity!).

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Scott_M said:

I don’t watch Italian football, but from

what I’ve seen in Italy so far, England are best set up to cope with Italy.

Italy play like a Premiership side - press, pace, counters. These are things England are also good at or have the players to potentially nullify.

Also, Italy looked to lose Chiesa last night to injury, that would be a big loss. 

If it’s the final, you’d hope England would treat it like a Premiership game and meet Italy head on, but I bet they wouldn’t and would play some more negative shit. 

Italy are favourites imo but I can see where you're coming from. England definitely would have shithoused Spain in the final. Nailed on 1-0 with Slabhead scoring from a corner.

3 hours ago, A Red said:

My mrs is desperate for Henderson to play tonight so she hasnt got to listen to me, sat with my arms folded, prattling on all through the game about how negative Southgate is and how Henderson brings more than Rice and Phillips combined.

I think its great same way Spain haven't really played Thiago. and the other night Brazil didnt play our lads long may it continue and they come back injury free and fresh for us. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

For some reason, despite the fierce rivalries of the day, I could get behind the like of Scholes, Beckham, Lampard, Ferdinand, Terry, Rooney etc when playing for England.

Try as I might, I just cannot do the same for this lot. Must be an age thing. Or was it that the above, despite their flaws, were are all top drawer players.  

This England team are going to canter into the History books and with MBEs galore being dished out.  

2 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

Schmeichel's comment about 'has it ever been home' is one of those clipping you just pin to your dressing room wall. He might regret those comments around 10pm tonight!

I think it puts the pressure on England, personally. 

He knows there's absolutely none on Denmark. That's a great position to be in.

The Croats did the same last time round, and people said the same thing then.

34 minutes ago, Mark M said:

I think its great same way Spain haven't really played Thiago. and the other night Brazil didnt play our lads long may it continue and they come back injury free and fresh for us. 

They don't even need to be playing to get broken on international duty...

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/nov/11/liverpool-blow-as-joe-gomez-suffers-injury-in-england-training-session

2 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

Schmeichel's comment about 'has it ever been home' is one of those clipping you just pin to your dressing room wall. He might regret those comments around 10pm tonight!

I agree. He’s an arrogant cunt, like his Dad. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

I agree. He’s an arrogant cunt, like his Dad. 

Why?

He was asked a stupid question by a stupid journalist asking "if it's coming home?"

He was quite polite, I'd have chucked one of the coke bottles at his face, the schmuck.

• Upvote 7

3 minutes ago, skend04 said:

Why?

He was asked a stupid question by a stupid journalist asking "if it's coming home?"

He was quite polite, I'd have chucked one of the coke bottles at his face, the schmuck.

I’m basing my opinion based on past comments of his as well. I think he’s a bit of a prick.

If I was an England player, I’d be wanting to shove it further down his throat tonight.

37 minutes ago, skend04 said:

Why?

absolutely what a stupid question

3 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

He’s a great keeper and seems a decent human being too, but fuck him and his red nosed cunt of a dad.

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, skend04 said:

Why?

The ‘entitlement’ of the English press, is one main reason why no one wants the English to win. Bringing up 1966, once again. Really? This has nothing to do with Schmeichel but a lot with the entitlement of the reporter asking the question 

• Upvote 1