You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Euro 2020(21)

Bjornebye

54 minutes ago, belarus said:

The majority of that post I’m in full agreement with. In fact I agree with everything you’ve written aside from the last sentence mate.

Those chants are so tired and mindless now, they hardly even register with me. I’ve not been to many games over the last 10 years - 1,2 or 3 a season, so not sure if it still happens, but used to just sing back that “yous are original” and roll the eyes. The meaning and spite behind the songs are not factual or even current. They’ve just become easy chanting for 2 Bob teams with 2 Bob fans. The type of brain dead fans who will steal an entire song and just replace the name with their player’s name. Fucking Wolves and the Si señor song - criminal that.

The other bit to that is that it’s our blue brothers and sisters joining in with a lot of them too. Not the sign on bit or Liverpool slums, but anything they can use they will, which completely makes it nothing about fans from other regions - it’s just fucking brain dead football fans.

The null and void piece was again led by our blue neighbours, so that is the same as above.

Johnson is a fucking cunt who talks fucking shite and his opinion is absolutely irrelevant to me. He’s a fucking rat and has utilised the lack of unity in the country to establish this weird fucking stronghold and “Boris” brand. If you ever hear or see me call him Boris, put a fucking pillow over my face. Cunts who don’t like him call it, as was pointed out in the thread on him in the gf - “Boris” with a chuckle and a shrug. Cunt. And although I hate him for those comments, it’s nothing to do with the England football team.

The fucking rag I’m not even going to grace with any effort or time - but the people buying it don’t feel the hurt from what went on, they are just chasing the gossip in the most basic language they can find. Anyone not from the area buying that, aside from how shit it is, I couldn’t give a fuck - it’s not their fight. That said I’m massively appreciative and in awe of football fans from other areas who support the campaign and recognise the issue. All the papers are rags - that one just stands out as the fucking worst and the whole thing was propagated by Thatcher and her cronies. As angry as this makes me, it hasn’t got any bearing on my support for the England football team. As I’ve mentioned, I’m enjoying the event and watching the games with friends and family, but it has zero impact on my day or life if they go out or win the thing, I’m just grabbing hold of the togetherness which has been so desperately missing for so long. 90% of footballers do my head in, irrelevant of club or nationality now. Even Liverpool hasn’t evaded that, but I love football, so will take the enjoyment and entertainment out of it where I can.

Maybe that what I’ve just mentioned has something to do with the tribalism and slurs not really arsing me anymore, or enough to impact my feeling towards them or anything - because I just don’t fucking care any more. Perhaps I’ve lost my way a bit and need to revisit what’s important and what’s not because I’m on the wrong path at the moment with it? Who knows.

Yeah, the cunts who actually think the things of us they sing about can fuck off - I wish no enjoyment or happiness for them, but the mates and family from different areas of the country I have who are buzzing off this at the moment make up my opinion of the social compass of England as a nation and the national team fans, not the fucking gobshites like were mentioned earlier by Sir Roger I think, who are there to be cunts in the name of the country. They’ve got empty lives, that’s all I can think. And they’re thick, or haven’t actually stepped back and thought about what they’re doing or singing. 

So yeah, I completely agree with everything you wrote, but the happiness and unity I’ve enjoyed during this tournament I’m not prepared to hand over to those cunts you’ve mentioned, and it’s a minority I’m letting myself believe. People like Johnson, Thatcher, Murdoch and the like are fucking rats, but there’s pretty much the same ratio of rats in every walk of life, in every country and in every time period. I’ll hold onto the disdain and contempt I have for them and their comments, but where possible I’ll join up with and enjoy the unity and positivity things like this will spread. There’s more good than bad in this country - I 100% believe that.

Fuck, that was nothing like the original post I was writing and about 3 pages longer - sorry!

Cheers for taking time to read my post and cheers for engaging as you have with your reasoned response....much better to read than a lot of the myopic stuff being thrown around by some others in this thread.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, tokyojoe said:

I have been to two live England games, both at Wembley. 1971 with the old fella, England beat Scotland 3-1, Chivers got two of them. 1974 v  Czechoslovakia. 3-0, Bell got two.

The latter was when I had got my first season ticket for the Kop. I was fucking terrified. Behind me were all the supporters of the various cockney clubs squaring up to each other with the jouyous sound of 'you're gonna get your fucking heads kicked in' drowning out everything. No attention to the match at all which was actually pretty decent.

How the fuck could I have felt any thing but contempt? Don''t get me going on Brenda and all that bollocks.

I said way back then then that absolutely no way could I support those cunts. It may have mellowed now but fuck the lot of them. I don't deny for a moment that other teams have their dickhead followers (including LFC) but fuck England to hell.

Living down sarf and seeing the George Cross is pissing me off beyond belief. Sported by most who have never actually paid, travelled to go and watch a match in their fucking miserable lives. Despite 'their' clubs are 20 minutes on the train away.

Hendo's been knackered for most of the seaon which possibly could have cost us the Title again. Plays for that lot, best player on the park but the'll all hate him next season.

Pickford, Kane, Stirling, Slabhead, Walker?

Fuck England to hell.

I spent 6 years down south living in East Sussex. I remember being in a pub when England were playing in the 2006 world cup and just looked around and felt nothing but like you said "Contempt" bunch of dickheads singing "England till I die" "No surrender to the IRA", "Two world wars and one world cup" amongst others. I'd never seen or experienced anything like it in any pub in Liverpool when the match was on. 

Also other clubs fans singing about Hillsborough, the S*n was right, bin dippers, always the victims makes me hate them even more but yet we're all suppose to come together and support England? 

Fuck right off.

I was made up for Hendo last night and did celebrate his goal but for obvious reasons and if England go on to win it  I will only be pleased for Hendo as he's one of us. 

The rest fuck them. 

I always said if I was a professional footballer and I had the chance to play international football I'd choose the United States over England every fuckong time as I would be able to due to my grandfather being a yank.

• Like 1

There is an interesting bit in that blue nose hooligan book(no really)because he follows england abroad ,but he says very few scousers traditionally followed england around,as they were often targeted by all the other dickhead groups,and the ones that did ,often had to watch their back.

Not sure if its changed now?

40 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

I spent 6 years down south living in East Sussex. I remember being in a pub when England were playing in the 2006 world cup and just looked around and felt nothing but like you said "Contempt" bunch of dickheads singing "England till I die" "No surrender to the IRA", "Two world wars and one world cup" amongst others. I'd never seen or experienced anything like it in any pub in Liverpool when the match was on. 

Also other clubs fans singing about Hillsborough, the S*n was right, bin dippers, always the victims makes me hate them even more but yet we're all suppose to come together and support England? 

Fuck right off.

I was made up for Hendo last night and did celebrate his goal but for obvious reasons and if England go on to win it  I will only be pleased for Hendo as he's one of us. 

The rest fuck them. 

I always said if I was a professional footballer and I had the chance to play international football I'd choose the United States over England every fuckong time as I would be able to due to my grandfather being a yank.

You forgot the Dads Army song!

Went to the local football club last night, it was loud, and it was dumb, but there wasn't a single derogatory song or snide comment about any club. It was quite good, apart from the shit songs. Going again Weds.

As I grow up I start to like the point where the bandwagon jumpers start to get excited. Having some normal, generally don't care about football, types helps dilute the dickhead element quite a bit.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Leyton388 said:

Fuck right off.

The rest fuck them. 

The 10 German bombers one is another that is just so fucking cringeworthy.

If i was a professional footballer i would refuse to play for Ingerlund.

I have Welsh, Polish and Irish grandparents, but wouldn't go down that road as i don't agree with the rule, but if Ingerlund selected me i would tell them no.

• Upvote 1

Watched the extended highlights of the Ukraine game just now, England were total shat for the first 45 minutes and then scored from a few set pieces. They are basically Burnley with Chris Woods on steroids. Not seen that much of Denmark but I’m going to say they are Crystal Palace. Wednesday is going to be an absolute snoozefest, decided by set pieces or penalties.

2 hours ago, Leyton388 said:

Fuck right off.

The rest fuck them. 

Whereabouts, if you don't mind me asking?

I couldn't really care less about England

I don't hate them, i don't support them. 

I did along time back but to be honest post 1998 i've not given a shit. 

Number of reason and most is the media and fan base that support them. Probably silly to let that ruin watching the team but i can get no joy with the shite that goes with the national team.

Even before that i went to a England youth game at Wembley in 1999 and it really put me off. 

This was a U16 games and you had middle aged tossers teaching their kids to boo the Argentine national anthem. 

England won 2-1 and i saw Carlos Tevez 2 years before he made his debut for Boca, i'd love to see a list of the squads again. Jon Ostemobor was involved as was Michael Chopra and Jermaine Jemas and Jermaine Pennant

I think they may well win this and will be delighted for Hendo

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, J-V said:

If you don’t support England, then fair enough. That's your business. But please stop using this thread to try and convert the rest of us to your perverted ways.

Is it OK if I actually like England - you know, 1066, 1966, Sir Roger, Ray Clemence, Kevin Keegan, Emlyn Hughes, Phil Neal and all that - and have instead, just in case, put $60 on Denmark at 10/1 to win the competition?

Hope so.

1 hour ago, General Dryness said:

I think this is certainly the least likeable England side I've ever seen. There appears to be a bellend in just about every position, unless Henderson or Trent are playing.

The last international tournament I had any real interest in was WC 2010. 

Yeah, but you and I know, by our own self-admissions that this is just bluster.

As @Section_31 points out quite rightly I think, think of Scholes, Beckham etc, twatss the lot... and then forgive all these current day dweebs in a heartbeat.

England is emminently likeable at the moment, blancmange-wise, and that's that.

Blancmange.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, s(k)aturation said:

Is it OK if I actually like England - you know, 1066, 1966, Sir Roger, Ray Clemence, Kevin Keegan, Emlyn Hughes, Phil Neal and all that - and have instead, just in case, put $60 on Denmark at 10/1 to win the competition?

Hope so.

Don't forget the Viking hat

10 minutes ago, J-V said:

Don't forget the Viking hat

Which is basically England anyway... or are you preferring to be French today?

Or rebelliously Celtic around 600 years earlier?

Let me know and I'll just fit in.

But I'd be happy to lose the $60 and see England win their first Euro, if that's what you're worried about.

Just like I used to blindly follow them as a kid when I thought supporting Liverpool and the country they were from was the same thing.

Which, turns out of course, it wasn't.

At all, apparently.

Or am I simply misinterpreting mirth?

51 minutes ago, J-V said:

If you don’t support England, then fair enough. That's your business. But please stop using this thread to try and convert the rest of us to your perverted ways.

I’ve not tried to convert anyone, you ‘accusing people of perversion’ pervert….

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Anubis said:

I’ve not tried to convert anyone, you ‘accusing people of perversion’ pervert….

Nobody has though that didn't stop you agreeing with Kevin D's post of which I added one word. 

30 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Said before the Euros started I wanted someone other than Italy, Spain, France and Germany to win it. Now we're down to the semis, my preference is for England to win and if not them, Denmark.

Funny, I'd much rather the side, playing for their mate who had a heart attack on the pitch a week or so ago, win than England.

But, if England win, of course... well then...