You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Euro 2020(21)

Bjornebye

38 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

I guess it boils down to if you are patriotic or not?

All that scouse not English stuff is a bit cheesy but I've never felt any affinity with them and I'm not gonna start now.

Not really to do with enjoying yourself or not.

I wasn’t just sanctimoniously ranting at you mate, it was a general swipe.

Yeah, I’m the same in regards to that to be honest and I really haven’t had any true emotional reaction to any of our goals so far. I’ve jumped up with mates and family and just felt a bit envious of their true emotion really. I’ve enjoyed drinking to often, watching footy and spending time with nearest and dearest though

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Arniepie said:

I remember in 90 when Germany knocked them out and they all went on the rampage, smashing up BMW's etc.

I remember being extremely proud that liverpool didnt suffer from the same knobhead behaviour. 

Remember the last World Cup when their fans smashed up ambulances cos they won a game? 

2 hours ago, belarus said:

“They all went on a rampage”. Really? Or are some people knob heads, especially when it comes to football and even more so when they’ve had a bevvy, wherever they are from?

I’m not particularly massive on international football these days, but loved it as a kid when the tournaments came round. The fact there has been so much division and negativity around, particularly over the last 5 years on these shores, makes me think that people actively shunning the opportunity to all come together are a massive part of the problem. 

“Everything is shit! Let’s moan, divide and argue!”

”Something positive is happening and people are enjoying it and focusing on that for a change! Let’s point and ridicule and actively avoid anything good from it, while reinforcing our views that everyone is cunts whether they act like it or not!”

I appreciate where the old sentiment comes from with all this, but come on. People on about dusting off their Viking hats, while in the pages before the fact Britain acted scummy towards other nations is cited as one of the reasons we are scum. The vikings, who raped and pillaged.

It’s fucking tedious. 

Edit - just let people have a bit of happiness over something that’s doing no harm. And here’s a thought, maybe try and enjoy something like that for yourself.

"Always the victims"

"The Sun was right, you're murdererers"

"In Your Liverpool slums"

"Sign, Sign On"

The above ring out week in week out at our games from fans of pretty much every other club.

Social media awash with fans desperate to see season declared null and void when we were on verge of winning title.

Let's also on top of that talk about England's national anthem - one i and many, many other Reds boo loudly when it has been played at our games at Wembley - God Save The Queen.....the same Queen who's government and legal system covered up and whitewashed Hillsborough......the same Queen who's government wanted to oversee a managed decline of Liverpool in the 80's.

Let's talk about this countrys oh so patriotic Prime Minister, Boris Johnson.....who in 2004 wrote:

D7eYRVLW4AAgn5A.jpg

Let's also talk about one of the countrys biggest selling newspapers and one of the England football teams biggest cheerleaders - The S*n and of course what we all know about that disgusting rag.

For years, the rest of the country has blamed Liverpool fans for Hillsborough, still to this day they do too, despite the findings.

Why should a Liverpool fan, stand side-by-side with a Chelsea fan for example or a Manc or any other clubs fan who has slagged us for years and accused us of killing our own at an England game rejoicing in a rendition of Land of Hope and Glory, or even worse, God Save the Queen, when so so many of those fans have deep seated preconceived ideas about the people of Liverpool and sing ‘sign on’ to the tune of ‘You’ll Never Walk Alone’....and in a time of austerity too to mock a city for unemployment and poverty as they do week in week out at what is supposed to be the working man’s game is an act of betrayal against its own social class...

Fuck them....they are your average England fan, the country they love and support is the one who's figureheads have shit all over our city, slagged it off and treated us with contempt.

I wish them no joy at all - I hope their England team get dicked every time they play, I hope they are beaten soon in this European Championship and they are all absolutely gutted.....they largely hate us, they largely laugh at us, peddle lies about us and so many of them are just culturally in day to day life and in terms of football culture so different to us that i find it astounding that Liverpudlians and Liverpool supporters can feel any common ground with them and their team/cause.

Fuck Ingerlund.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 9

“They all went on a rampage”. Really? Or are some people knob heads, especially when it comes to football and even more so when they’ve had a bevvy, wherever they are from?

I’m not particularly massive on international football these days, but loved it as a kid when the tournaments came round. The fact there has been so much division and negativity around, particularly over the last 5 years on these shores, makes me think that people actively shunning the opportunity to all come together are a massive part of the problem. 

“Everything is shit! Let’s moan, divide and argue!”

”Something positive is happening and people are enjoying it and focusing on that for a change! Let’s point and ridicule and actively avoid anything good from it, while reinforcing our views that everyone is cunts whether they act like it or not!”

I appreciate where the old sentiment comes from with all this, but come on. People on about dusting off their Viking hats, while in the pages before the fact Britain acted scummy towards other nations is cited as one of the reasons we are scum. The vikings, who raped and pillaged.

It’s fucking tedious. 

Edit - just let people have a bit of happiness over something that’s doing no harm. And here’s a thought, maybe try and enjoy something like that for yourself.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, an tha said:

"Always the victims"

"Sign, Sign On"

The above ring out week in week out at our games from fans of pretty much every other club.

Social media awash with fans desperate to see season declared null and void when we were on verge of winning title.

Let's also on top of that talk about England's national anthem - one i and many, many other Reds boo loudly when it has been played at our games at Wembley - God Save The Queen.....the same Queen who's government and legal system covered up and whitewashed Hillsborough......the same Queen who's government wanted to oversee a managed decline of Liverpool in the 80's.

Let's talk about this countrys oh so patriotic Prime Minister, Boris Johnson.....who in 2004 wrote:

D7eYRVLW4AAgn5A.jpg

Let's also talk about one of the countrys biggest selling newspapers and one of the England football teams biggest cheerleaders - The S*n and of course what we all know about that disgusting rag.

For years, the rest of the country has blamed Liverpool fans for Hillsborough, still to this day they do too, despite the findings.

Why should a Liverpool fan, stand side-by-side with a Chelsea fan for example or a Manc or any other clubs fan who has slagged us for years and accused us of killing our own at an England game rejoicing in a rendition of Land of Hope and Glory, or even worse, God Save the Queen, when so so many of those fans have deep seated preconceived ideas about the people of Liverpool and sing ‘sign on’ to the tune of ‘You’ll Never Walk Alone’....and in a time of austerity too to mock a city for unemployment and poverty as they do week in week out at what is supposed to be the working man’s game is an act of betrayal against its own social class...

Fuck them....they are your average England fan, the country they love and support is the one who's figureheads have shit all over our city, slagged it off and treated us with contempt.

I wish them no joy at all - I hope their England team get dicked every time they play, I hope they are beaten soon in this European Championship and they are all absolutely gutted.....they largely hate us, they largely laugh at us, peddle lies about us and so many of them are just culturally in day to day life and in terms of football culture so different to us that i find it astounding that Liverpudlians and Liverpool supporters can feel any common ground with them and their team/cause.

Fuck Ingerlund.

Brilliant

Couldn't have put it better myself. Was made up for Hendo scoring last night but that was it. 

Another area where we are just chalk and cheese different to them is flags and banners.

Pretty much every other club (Man Utd aside) display those George Crosses emblazoned with club name or their city/town....with often a Poppy or 3 lions and accompanied by "On Tour" or "No Surrender" or "Loyal" or some other shite like that.

You pretty much never see such things in our support.

It's a totally alien concept.

I remember when England won the Rugby World Cup - we were away at Middlesbrough on that afternoon and before game they played that Swing Low over the tannoy and all the Middlesbrough crowd were loving it.....

Us in the away end pretty much to a man booed it and then tried to drown it out with YNWA.

Was great.

12 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

The fume on here by some if England win the Euros will be of everton proportions.

What I find interesting is, many of the arguments are almost verbatim the same as those used by fans of other clubs when we were cantering to the league title.

All our fans are hated, cause trouble everywhere, anyone but them, the root of all evil, dredging up historical shit, making out the sky will fall in if it happens.

It's all a bit small time really, and distinctly Evertonian.

It's only England fans. Except it isnt. Violence is deplorable. Hatered based on association is on very shaky grounds.

Some football hooliganism in Germany has been linked to neo-Nazism and far right groups.[54] In June 1998, after a FIFA World Cup match in France between Germany and Yugoslavia a French policeman was beaten to the point of brain damage by German fans. Following the incident, German police contacted many of the known 2,000+ German hooligans to warn them they would be arrested if they travelled to upcoming matches in France.[55] A German fan was arrested in 1998 and charged with attempted murder[56][57] and in 1999, four more Germans were convicted in the attack[58][59] In 2001, Markus Warnecke, the German fan who was accused of leading the attack, was found guilty and jailed for five years and banned from France for ten years, and from all sports facilities for five years.[60]

220px-Bundesarchiv_Bild_183-1990-0407-02

German police prepare for hooliganism by wearing riot gear and using police dogs.

In March 2005, German football fans fought with police and rival fans at a friendly match between Germany and Slovenia in Celje, Slovenia, damaging cars and shops, and shouting racist slogans. The German Football Association (DFB) apologised for the behaviour. As a result, 52 people were arrested; 40 Germans and 12 Slovenians.[61][62] Following a 2–0 defeat to Slovakia in Bratislava, Slovakia, German hooligans fought with the local police, and six people were injured and two were taken into custody. The DFB again apologised for fans who chanted racist slogans.[63]

In June 2006, Germany beat Poland in a World Cup match in Dortmund, which led to violent clashes. The police detained over 300 people in Dortmund and German fans threw chairs, bottles and fireworks at the police. Of the 300 arrested, 120 were known hooligans.[64] In October 2006, a task force was established to deal with violence and racism in German football stadiums.[65] The worst incident took place at a Third division (North) match between the Hertha BSC Berlin B-team and Dynamo Dresden, in which 23 policemen were injured.[66][67] In February 2007 in Saxony, all German lower league matches, from the fifth division downward were cancelled after about 800 fans attacked 300 police officers (injuring 39 of them) after a match between Lokomotive Leipzig and Erzgebirge Aue II.[68] There were minor disturbances after the Germany and England match during the 2010 FIFA World Cup. An English flag was burned down amongst a mob of German supporters in Duisburg-Hamborn in Germany.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_hooliganism

Someone on here 'enjoyed' this so much they were moved to post their approval of it.

In the summer of 2016, the Russian football hooligan, previously a provincial sort of bogeyman, padded on to the international stage at the European Championship in France. On 10 June, an estimated 150 Russians descended on Marseille’s Old Port. They moved in orderly phalanxes, greeting any England supporters they ran into with extravagant violence. One England fan had his Achilles tendons sliced. Two English men were left in a coma, one of whom was left paralysed on the left-hand side of his body (his alleged assailant, wanted for attempted murder, was arrested in Germany in February). Another man reportedly travelled home on the Eurostar with glass from a shattered bottle still lodged in his neck.

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2018/apr/24/russia-neo-nazi-football-hooligans-world-cup

3 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

What I find interesting is, many of the arguments are almost verbatim the same as those used by fans of other clubs when we were cantering to the league title.

All our fans are hated, cause trouble everywhere, anyone but them, the root of all evil, dredging up historical shit, making out the sky will fall in if it happens.

Exactly.

1 hour ago, an tha said:

"Always the victims"

"Sign, Sign On"

D7eYRVLW4AAgn5A.jpg

Fuck Ingerlund.

Mate, that’s a very hard to argue with post. I wrote a more detailed reply and kept going back to it, but obviously left it too long and it got cleared.

I’ll come back and redo it with the time it deserves. Im just going to go and get my Sunday dinner ripped to shreds on the GF first.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, belarus said:

Mate, that’s a very hard to argue with post. I wrote a more detailed reply and kept going back to it, but obviously left it too long and it got cleared.

I’ll come back and redo it with the time it deserves. Im just going to go and get my Sunday dinner ripped to shreds on the GF first.

Fair do's pal.

Off the carvery myself in about half hour......god knows what will be like post covid like...

I'll catch up on your post later.

I dare say we'll agree to disagree on some things and that is cool.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, belarus said:

It might have autosaved. If you refresh the thread then click in the comment box as if to make a new post, if it did autosave, it should repopulate the text to the point it last saved.

• Upvote 1

I have been to two live England games, both at Wembley. 1971 with the old fella, England beat Scotland 3-1, Chivers got two of them. 1974 v  Czechoslovakia. 3-0, Bell got two.

The latter was when I had got my first season ticket for the Kop. I was fucking terrified. Behind me were all the supporters of the various cockney clubs squaring up to each other with the jouyous sound of 'you're gonna get your fucking heads kicked in' drowning out everything. No attention to the match at all which was actually pretty decent.

How the fuck could I have felt any thing but contempt? Don''t get me going on Brenda and all that bollocks.

I said way back then then that absolutely no way could I support those cunts. It may have mellowed now but fuck the lot of them. I don't deny for a moment that other teams have their dickhead followers (including LFC) but fuck England to hell.

Living down sarf and seeing the George Cross is pissing me off beyond belief. Sported by most who have never actually paid, travelled to go and watch a match in their fucking miserable lives. Despite 'their' clubs are 20 minutes on the train away.

Hendo's been knackered for most of the seaon which possibly could have cost us the Title again. Plays for that lot, best player on the park but the'll all hate him next season.

Pickford, Kane, Stirling, Slabhead, Walker?

Fuck England to hell.

• Upvote 5

I wasn’t just sanctimoniously ranting at you mate, it was a general swipe.

Yeah, I’m the same in regards to that to be honest and I really haven’t had any true emotional reaction to any of our goals so far. I’ve jumped up with mates and family and just felt a bit envious of their true emotion really. I’ve enjoyed drinking to often, watching footy and spending time with nearest and dearest though

No worries mate

I get people can disengage the footy from.all The other shit but I cant.

And that's without getting into the politics of it.

1 hour ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

That's part of it...not all.

I remember going to derby a fee years ago when.gerrard got the winner and their end literally spent 90 mins singing about scousers signing on etc.

It didnt stop all game.

Now we aremt talking a man utd here or even.a chelsea but fucking derby county.

I.dont think everyone in.the country hates scousers but a big chunk of football fans do..and a big number of them support England.

So really what do I have in common with them?

Ironically when.we got out I've never seen a bigger collection of scruffs in my life

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, an tha said:

"Always the victims"

"Sign, Sign On"

D7eYRVLW4AAgn5A.jpg

Fuck Ingerlund.

The majority of that post I’m in full agreement with. In fact I agree with everything you’ve written aside from the last sentence mate.

Those chants are so tired and mindless now, they hardly even register with me. I’ve not been to many games over the last 10 years - 1,2 or 3 a season, so not sure if it still happens, but used to just sing back that “yous are original” and roll the eyes. The meaning and spite behind the songs are not factual or even current. They’ve just become easy chanting for 2 Bob teams with 2 Bob fans. The type of brain dead fans who will steal an entire song and just replace the name with their player’s name. Fucking Wolves and the Si señor song - criminal that.

The other bit to that is that it’s our blue brothers and sisters joining in with a lot of them too. Not the sign on bit or Liverpool slums, but anything they can use they will, which completely makes it nothing about fans from other regions - it’s just fucking brain dead football fans.

The null and void piece was again led by our blue neighbours, so that is the same as above.

Johnson is a fucking cunt who talks fucking shite and his opinion is absolutely irrelevant to me. He’s a fucking rat and has utilised the lack of unity in the country to establish this weird fucking stronghold and “Boris” brand. If you ever hear or see me call him Boris, put a fucking pillow over my face. Cunts who don’t like him call it, as was pointed out in the thread on him in the gf - “Boris” with a chuckle and a shrug. Cunt. And although I hate him for those comments, it’s nothing to do with the England football team.

The fucking rag I’m not even going to grace with any effort or time - but the people buying it don’t feel the hurt from what went on, they are just chasing the gossip in the most basic language they can find. Anyone not from the area buying that, aside from how shit it is, I couldn’t give a fuck - it’s not their fight. That said I’m massively appreciative and in awe of football fans from other areas who support the campaign and recognise the issue. All the papers are rags - that one just stands out as the fucking worst and the whole thing was propagated by Thatcher and her cronies. As angry as this makes me, it hasn’t got any bearing on my support for the England football team. As I’ve mentioned, I’m enjoying the event and watching the games with friends and family, but it has zero impact on my day or life if they go out or win the thing, I’m just grabbing hold of the togetherness which has been so desperately missing for so long. 90% of footballers do my head in, irrelevant of club or nationality now. Even Liverpool hasn’t evaded that, but I love football, so will take the enjoyment and entertainment out of it where I can.

Maybe that what I’ve just mentioned has something to do with the tribalism and slurs not really arsing me anymore, or enough to impact my feeling towards them or anything - because I just don’t fucking care any more. Perhaps I’ve lost my way a bit and need to revisit what’s important and what’s not because I’m on the wrong path at the moment with it? Who knows.

Yeah, the cunts who actually think the things of us they sing about can fuck off - I wish no enjoyment or happiness for them, but the mates and family from different areas of the country I have who are buzzing off this at the moment make up my opinion of the social compass of England as a nation and the national team fans, not the fucking gobshites like were mentioned earlier by Sir Roger I think, who are there to be cunts in the name of the country. They’ve got empty lives, that’s all I can think. And they’re thick, or haven’t actually stepped back and thought about what they’re doing or singing. 

So yeah, I completely agree with everything you wrote, but the happiness and unity I’ve enjoyed during this tournament I’m not prepared to hand over to those cunts you’ve mentioned, and it’s a minority I’m letting myself believe. People like Johnson, Thatcher, Murdoch and the like are fucking rats, but there’s pretty much the same ratio of rats in every walk of life, in every country and in every time period. I’ll hold onto the disdain and contempt I have for them and their comments, but where possible I’ll join up with and enjoy the unity and positivity things like this will spread. There’s more good than bad in this country - I 100% believe that.

Fuck, that was nothing like the original post I was writing and about 3 pages longer - sorry!

• Upvote 8

54 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

That's part of it...not all.

I remember going to derby a fee years ago when.gerrard got the winner and their end literally spent 90 mins singing about scousers signing on etc.

It didnt stop all game.

Now we aremt talking a man utd here or even.a chelsea but fucking derby county.

I.dont think everyone in.the country hates scousers but a big chunk of football fans do..and a big number of them support England.

So really what do I have in common with them?

Ironically when.we got out I've never seen a bigger collection of scruffs in my life

That's fair enough mate. I accept it's inherently different for me, as I'm not from the city. I just find it a bit depressing to allow dislikable people stopping others getting any joy from something.

If Dennis Nilsen had a sweet tooth, but also wanted to strangle me and bum my corpse (can't blame him), it wouldn't stop me scoffing mint Clubs.