You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Euro 2020(21)

Bjornebye

45 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Monumental shithousery from Italy from about 85 minutes onwards. 

You love to see it!*

* £10 outright winners at 8/1

Me too! Wish I’d lumped on a bit more now. They looked fucking sensational in that first half.

1 hour ago, m0e said:

I'd usually agree 100%

But there's something about the Italians showing they still have this kind of nous.

And they do.

It's a proper throwback performance, that.

And there's something quite endearing about it.

Spot on, mate.

Showing that they can still revert to shithousery to win, makes them more dangerous than ever on top of their "newfound" positive attributes.

But if there is a drawback/"weakness" for/to them, it's that they are actually in the wrong half of the draw in my book - their opponent in the final, if it is not England (whom they would deffo  beat I reckon), will be one of Ukraine, Czech or Danska - a nothing-to-lose, highly emotive and motivated one-off opponent.

And - despite the re-emergence of their inimitable and endearing shithousery, so effective in the past against fellow super powers - Italy are perhaps more likely to lose the tournament and their unbeaten record to an unpredictable chancer than they are to one of the "big (insert number here - like Belgium, England, Spain etc)".

I think.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Lee909 said:

That’s horrendous. How ridiculous it actually is could be seen as slightly amusing I suppose, but the overriding emotion of seeing that is irritation. It’s pathetic. Go down by all means if you want to be a cheating cunt, but the last thing I ever wanted playing footy was to let someone know they’d hurt me.

I honestly wonder if they watch stuff like that back and applaud themselves, or they are just embarrassed and pretend it didn’t happen to that extent

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, m0e said:

You're one or those moral, virtue signallers, aren't you?

Nope far far from it. I am pretty sure that a lot of reds have been at European nights were we've played against teams with cunts acting like this in order to disrupt our play. It wasn't cute then and IMO it's not now. But whatever floats your boat.

• Upvote 1