You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Euro 2020(21)

Bjornebye

28 minutes ago, KMD7 said:

Did you see this? Fucking Hell.

Shit that but to be fair it is Twitter, which is an absolute sewer on virtually every subject.

The wider issue though has been stoked relentlessly by the pejorative terminology in the likes of the Mail and Murdoch papers for years and years. They're the problem. Now they have cheerleaders in government too.

• Upvote 4

10 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

And therein lies the reason why I enjoyed Marseilles so much.

Im pretty sure that every country playing in the euros has its fair share of people like that. Social media exposes them but also gives them a platform. BTW do you think the attack on Sean Cox was ok given the sometimes less than illustrious behavior by some of our supporters in the past?

6 minutes ago, CapeRed said:

Im pretty sure that every country playing in the euros has its fair share of people like that. Social media exposes them but also gives them a platform. BTW do you think the attack on Sean Cox was ok given the sometimes less than illustrious behavior by some of our supporters in the past?

BTW just also want to make clear I have no real interest in International games save to check that all of our players come back injury free.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, KMD7 said:

Did you see this? Fucking Hell.

A corner of the pub I was in maybe 20 lads stood up and started singing something vile at her, went to the bog looked at myself in the mirror and went home.

• Upvote 1

I see ESD is in order. As others have mentioned - you can, if you wanted to - use Twitter examples to 'prove' the Scouse stereotype, Twitter is a cesspit. If you don't like people being cunts, or you don't like racism and nationalism them don't watch International Football - because all teams are followed by those people. Wanting Germany to win - because you don't like 'Ingerlund' fans is just saying you don't mind Germany racists. I'm loving Raheem scoring - and the team kneeling and England progressing as it is pissing off Lawrence Fox and all those actual Gammons. 

As personal testimony seems to be adequate evidence - I was in the Anvil in Wigan in 2007 just prior to Liverpool v Bolton, and about 20 Liverpool fans came into the pub, with pint Glasses, acted like absolute nobheads and spend a good hour singing about Anthony Walker - they all had Justice for the 96 stickers on. If you were in the Anvil that day - then all Liverpool fans are racist thugs. 

We booed Patrice Evra when he played for West Ham, so lets leave the trawling the internet for proof of how bad England fans are! 

Oh, and England can win this! 

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Karl_b said:

Had a heated row with two of my mates who claimed there was nothing wrong with Danielson's challenge. Fuck me. He's lunged in to a clearance and whether he means it or not he's gone studs up, recklessly at knee height and endangered the Ukrainian player. It's the definition of a red card and people arguing against it are trying too hard. 

The unnatural bend in his leg on impact looked awful. Seemed to be able to walk off eventually but then so did Virgil last year. Agree with you, had to be a red.

2 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Despite all the good lads like Hendo and Rashford and even the manager, a strong argument can be made that England winning the tournament would embolden the wrong people.

It really can't.

10 hours ago, Karl_b said:

Had a heated row with two of my mates who claimed there was nothing wrong with Danielson's challenge. Fuck me. He's lunged in to a clearance and whether he means it or not he's gone studs up, recklessly at knee height and endangered the Ukrainian player. It's the definition of a red card and people arguing against it are trying too hard. 

I'm not arguing against it, and I ALSO do think it should be allowed interpretation.

The thing that just doesn't compute (VAR upcoming, so pardon the pun)... is that the rules now seem designed to take away the power of context and interpretation from the ref... ONLY to hand that very "caprice" to those cunts upstairs on photoshop - with their "von Trapp" puppet strings and laser beams - when seemingly convenient.

I'm sorry, I simply don't get it - and I include the tackle in question in this... fully admitting that you are entitled to think I am completely wrong.

And perhaps that is part of my point.

Or perhaps not.

2 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

You're a fucking eejit if you think the russian thugs or another other nations thugs, only tanked into thugs who were supporting England. But hey, carry on revelling in some innocent fans, both English and non english, getting a hiding by thugs from Russia or any other nation if it makes you appear smug and superior.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, CapeRed said:

Nope, of course not.

The xenophobia and racism of these fuckwits fucks me right off, has done for years. Sick of seeing them go to nice foreign town and cities and smash the place up and treat their hosts like shit.

I enjoyed seeing those cunts getting a pasting from their Russkie hooligan scum brethren.

Sean Cox and what happened to Sean has nothing to do with it, apples and oranges, please don't conflate the two.

14 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

You're a fucking eejit if you think the russian thugs or another other nations thugs, only tanked into thugs who were supporting England. But hey, carry on revelling in some innocent fans, both English and non english, getting a hiding by thugs from Russia or any other nation if it makes you appear smug and superior.

I don't and it doesn't. Hence the quotation marks ("fanz"), designed to differentiate between those twats and the real fans.

Perhaps too subtle for some?

1 minute ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

I don't and it doesn't. Hence the quotation marks ("fanz"), designed to differentiate between those twats and the real fans.

Perhaps too subtle for some?

Nothing 'subtle' in

But if you want to backstroke on your comments, go ahead.