Bjornebye

Euro 2020(21)

Just now, Jockey said:

Pogba is 28 now. You'd be forgiven they are talking about a kid here. 

Just thinking exactly the same thing. When they mentioned 'maturity' I just shook my head

1 minute ago, TheDrowningMan said:

Improbably, I think you can make a real case for England being favourites if they beat Germany. I wouldn’t be surprised to see them 1-0 their way to the title.

Pack it in Gareth - your tournament is over.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, TheDrowningMan said:

Improbably, I think you can make a real case for England being favourites if they beat Germany. I wouldn’t be surprised to see them 1-0 their way to the title.

You can make a good case for the winner tomorrow winning the whole thing. I'd be happy for every team left winning it. But I'd like England to do well. 

1 minute ago, Special K said:

Just thinking exactly the same thing. When they mentioned 'maturity' I just shook my head

Just excuses. They paid £90m for him - that should be the finished article.

• Upvote 1

Worra cock Pogba is.  The state of that celebration, the crying for a foul when he gave the ball away for the equaliser, the throwing himself to the floor and crying for a foul when he got a little shove.  You can tell where he plays his club football.

• Upvote 3

The referees make me laugh lecturing the goalies for minutes about staying on the line , and then ignoring the fact that the goalie is on the six yard box making a save ( Both Lloris and Sommer tonight )

1 hour ago, Lee909 said:

Wow

He has been pretty shite the in each game

Don't want much of him but more and more stories seem to be coming out that Mbappe ego is getting a bit to big

Nice slice of humble pie for him there, then. 

14 minutes ago, sir roger said:

The referees make me laugh lecturing the goalies for minutes about staying on the line , and then ignoring the fact that the goalie is on the six yard box making a save ( Both Lloris and Sommer tonight )

The last time I checked the rule was that you have to have one foot on the line when the ball is kicked, although the rule has probably changed four times since then?

28 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

The last time I checked the rule was that you have to have one foot on the line when the ball is kicked, although the rule has probably changed four times since then?

It's any part of one foot touching the line, same as placing the ball on the quadrant for a corner. So long as part of it's on the line it's ok.

I thought he was off his line when it's kicked as well but if you look closely, his heel is just on the line.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Moo said:

Worra cock Pogba is.  The state of that celebration, the crying for a foul when he gave the ball away for the equaliser, the throwing himself to the floor and crying for a foul when he got a little shove.  You can tell where he plays his club football.

To be fair to him he’s had a good tournament, probably France’s best player, which makes his club form even more hilarious. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

It's any part of one foot touching the line, same as placing the ball on the quadrant for a corner. So long as part of it's on the line it's ok.

I thought he was off his line when it's kicked as well but if you look closely, his heel is just on the line.

It's a shit rule really, makes it harder for the goalkeeper.

I'd go the opposite way and say that the goalkeeper is free to do what they like once the referee blows the whistle. It would stop all these stupid stuttered/hop skip and a jump run ups for a start.

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, MegadriveMan said:

It's a shit rule really, makes it harder for the goalkeeper.

I'd go the opposite way and say that the goalkeeper is free to do what they like once the referee blows the whistle. It would stop all these stupid stuttered/hop skip and a jump run ups for a start.

I guess the point of a penalty is that it’s a punishment against your side so any advantage should be for the penalty taker 

Although maybe for penalty shootouts then the rule should kinda change to make it more equal for both sides.  

Fucking hell, I turned off after the Pogba mini wankfest at 3-1 and watched some Bosch. Quite surprised to see the negative headlines about them this morning, then amused to see France dumped out on penalties. 

Dunno if this is the right thread. 

I've got BBC breakfast on in the background this morning. Fucking hell, what a tit that Dan Walker is. He's talking about tonight's match like nothing better has ever happened and it's the biggest game of all time. It's a last 16 game you fucking bellend. If it was the final, maybe semi final, I'd get it - not all football fans have clubs like ours that give you chances of glory, so for people who support smaller teams (dunno who walker supports), this is maybe their shot at big games and glory. But he's genuinely pathetic, worse than a 5 year old waiting for Father Christmas. 

2 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Dunno if this is the right thread. 

I've got BBC breakfast on in the background this morning. Fucking hell, what a tit that Dan Walker is. He's talking about tonight's match like nothing better has ever happened and it's the biggest game of all time. It's a last 16 game you fucking bellend. If it was the final, maybe semi final, I'd get it - not all football fans have clubs like ours that give you chances of glory, so for people who support smaller teams (dunno who walker supports), this is maybe their shot at big games and glory. But he's genuinely pathetic, worse than a 5 year old waiting for Father Christmas. 

To be fair given the results in other games I think the winner of this game are highly likely to get to the final. It is a pretty big game if you're an avid England or Germany fan. England v Germany in a tournament is certainly the biggest game for England supporters. 

2 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

To be fair given the results in other games I think the winner of this game are highly likely to get to the final. It is a pretty big game if you're an avid England or Germany fan. England v Germany in a tournament is certainly the biggest game for England supporters. 

I don't get the obsession with Germany to be honest. Obviously I realise we fought 2 world wars against them, but the 2nd one finished over 75 years ago. And Germany don't give a fuck, it's not like say Liverpool v man united when the hatred on both sides fuels more hatred and the clash happens at least twice a year to keep it fresh. 

And as for the draw being clear, Croatia bummed them out of the semis in the last world cup and Iceland knocked them out of the last euros. This is part of England's problem with football, they think they're a super power and they lose to all kinds of shite, so it doesn't matter how clear the draw is, they can lose to anyone. 

Honestly I find walkers behaviour even more weird than the bloo celebrations of their 4 game title win. 

• Upvote 1