Bjornebye

Euro 2020(21)

8 minutes ago, DaveT said:

I thought he was poor in the games I saw. But he seemed under orders to give maximum cover to the left back and generally play safety first. It was unfortunate that he got hooked just when the negative Portuguese coach finally decided to release the hand brake. Crazy that Felix hasn’t had more game time,too. No worries about Jota when he comes back to us.

I think a lot of those younger Portuguese players will play a lot better when the whole team isn't set up just for Ronaldo. 

Looking at the bigger picture, Jota seems the type of striker to date who'll score a good few in a short period and then go through a bit of a drought. You'd imagine it's something that will balance out given his obvious quality. For whatever reason, he's also looked better coming off the bench for us. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, belarus said:

That’s just not true at all. Beckham is way up in the top 10 free kick scorers of all time in terms of stats. He’s still scored the most premier league free kicks I think too. Beckham was amazing with a dead ball - to say otherwise is revisionism and heavily bias led.

Beckham was good, but let's not go overboard, it's not like he was Messi-level at free kicks.

10 minutes ago, joe_fishfish said:

Beckham was good, but let's not go overboard, it's not like he was Messi-level at free kicks.

Beckham, as things stand now, has scored more free kicks than Messi.

Just now, Bjornebye said:

Spain should be two up here. 

OH MY GOD!

Well they’ve just scored…

• Like 1

Fucking hell

If Spain had a Torres/Villa they would be walking this(at least until they played France)