You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Euro 2020(21)

Bjornebye

4 minutes ago, Baltar said:

This is a weak generation of Dutch players. De Ligt, De Jong and Depay are all overrated although the first 2 mentioned have potential. Van Dijk and Gini are now 30 or so. They don't have a good goalie or striker. Too many average players in the squad. And they have a hopeless manager.

Is big Virg 30? Fucking hell!

18 minutes ago, J-V said:

Nice to see Gini’s invisible man act one last time.  It shall be missed.

He completed about 10 passes in the game and gave up around the 80th minute. Strangely no comment on that but you never hear the end of how stupid it was to let him go when he was scoring against crap teams playing a position he didn't play for Liverpool.

I like Gini, but I was almost rooting against him there just to get rid of the annoying narrative.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, 3 Stacks said:

He completed about 10 passes and gave up around the 80th minute. Strangely no comment on that but you never hear the end of how stupid it was the let him go when he was scoring against crap teams playing a position he didn't play for Liverpool.

Par for the course on here.

14 minutes ago, Baltar said:

He will be in a few more weeks.

Jesus - that’s crept up on me. I thought he was still about 27!

10 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Virg will be like Ramos - he’ll still have 5/6 years at the top level in him. 

If not longer, he barely breaks into a sprint most games.

I hope so - that’s upset me a bit

Edit - he’s been robbed of a season in his prime years too by that stupid tackle, which those gobshites bring up constantly. They can fuck off

6 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

He completed about 10 passes in the game and gave up around the 80th minute. Strangely no comment on that but you never hear the end of how stupid it was to let him go when he was scoring against crap teams playing a position he didn't play for Liverpool.

I like Gini, but I was almost rooting against him there just to get rid of the annoying narrative.

He was prominent first half and stuck out on the right wing after the red. Seemed to be moved to the defensive midfield late on. He's not Maradona ffs, as always, he done what was asked of him.

1 minute ago, No2 said:

He was prominent first half and stuck out on the right wing after the red. Seemed to be moved to the defensive midfield late on. He's not Maradona ffs, as always, he done what was asked of him.

Four completed passes in first half, I'm told. Poor for both goals. 

I like Gini. He was dreadful today. 

3 minutes ago, No2 said:

15 passes, 26 touches in 90 minutes. He was nowhere to be found.

16 minutes ago, Josef Svejk said:

Four completed passes in first half, I'm told. Poor for both goals. 

I like Gini. He was dreadful today. 

Some way to go before he hits his Liverpool form. I think his record for us is one solitary pass in the first half. 

And unfortunately he's gone to a plastic shit club for a lot of money.

I know we should have paid the lad the money he wanted, and he deserved it, but in the scheme of things he doesn't really need the money, does he, so the call he made was one of "principle" - you'd be not unreasonable to assume.

If your principle, other than money, is to go to PSG... well, good luck to the boy, I guess.