You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Euro 2020(21)

Bjornebye

2 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

Been massive thunder and lightning with torrential downpours here since the exact time of the sending off. 

Back in Dam, man, we were in our room sitting off, when the worst thunder, wind storm ever, hit, lasted for about 5 minutes. We peeped out after it, there was nothing, as clear as a day as you can get, in the distance a street sweeper machine was disappearing into the distance.

We blamed the drugs.

Dutch out after that second. 

5 minutes ago, Jockey said:

You're stretching here. The ref - who isn't English made the decision. Nothing to do with PL. 

It was a red. That is all that is relevant. 

I know it was a red, no body has made an error with sending him off I'm just making the point it's out of kilter with the rest of the tournament, They haven't gone out if their way to be perfect with every decision, they seem to have wanted intervention only when massive cock-ups have happened, I'd describe the ref's decision as a mistake not a calamitous error.

1 minute ago, No2 said:

I know it was a red, no body has made an error with sending him off I'm just making the point it's out of kilter with the rest of the tournament, They haven't gone out if their way to be perfect with every decision, they seem to have wanted intervention only when massive cock-ups have happened, I'd describe the ref's decision as a mistake not a calamitous error.

I think it was a mistake as he can't see. The ref in the Wales games may as well have worn a Danish shirt. 

1 minute ago, No2 said:

It's a case of VAR being used correctly in this decision. I dont get how you can argue that because VAR might not have got other decisions right, it is shite because the right decision was reached here.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jockey said:

I think it was a mistake as he can't see. The ref in the Wales games may as well have worn a Danish shirt. 

Wales we’re getting free kicks for fuck all throughout the first half.  Ref probably get fed up with the diving and decided not to give them anything in the second. 

Just now, J-V said:

Wales we’re getting free kicks for fuck all throughout the first half.  Ref probably get fed up with the diving and decided not to give them anything in the second. 

He gave them a red card! I remember the big cunt getting booked and that looked harsh. I may be projecting as the constant TV reference of how brave the Danes were was pissing me off.