You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Euro 2020(21)

Bjornebye

1 hour ago, Jockey said:

They will. All that lot will. It's what they do. But they did it during the Rugby World Cup as well, and they'll do it during the Ashes. We don't fuck those teams off - I don't follow Rugby, but I fucking love Cricket and love the Ashes and love twatting the Aussies. I know loads of England fans who are sound - been loads out in the pubs in the City Centre, who have been sound. 

Every nationalist and racist in every country is going to follow their national team. 

That was the point being made. 

43 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

That was the point being made. 

I realise that. And I do get what you say and I don't disagree with it. But, this team has pissed a fair few of that lot off - which is why I am less dismissive than previous. I think my point is that national sport brings out nationalism. 

I don't care - come 8pm Tuesday I'll be mildly happy or mildly happy, depending upon the result. 

57 minutes ago, Jockey said:

I realise that. And I do get what you say and I don't disagree with it. But, this team has pissed a fair few of that lot off - which is why I am less dismissive than previous. I think my point is that national sport brings out nationalism. 

I don't care - come 8pm Tuesday I'll be mildly happy or mildly happy, depending upon the result. 

Win/ Win for me. 

At any given time England have always boasted some of the most fearsome attack in Europe in terms of individual talent---Lineker, Barnes, Owen, Gascoigne, Shearer---you name it. But never impressed as a unit. The Germans, or other top teams for that matter, seem to have better harnessed talent into more effective systems, exactly what I believe England have been lacking. What do our so-called jingoists have to say!

30 minutes ago, therevivalist said:

At any given time England have always boasted some of the most fearsome attack in Europe in terms of individual talent---Lineker, Barnes, Owen, Gascoigne, Shearer---you name it. But never impressed as a unit. The Germans, or other top teams for that matter, seem to have better harnessed talent into more effective systems, exactly what I believe England have been lacking. What do our so-called jingoists have to say!

I think that is part of England's problem - those were not really that fearsome. Barnes really only in 88 - they got trounced. Lineker really only 1990 w Gazza - again not really much from those upfront - penalties aside Linekar had one maybe.

The other sides had Klinsmann/Voller/Riedle, Baggio, Maradona, Van Basten etc. around that time.

Owen really - 1998 too early, 2000, sucked as did Shearer. 2004 scored twice?

That was during - Ronaldo, Del Piero, Batistuta, Vieri etc.

England have never been as good as they think they are - this year included.

4 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

I think that is part of England's problem - those were not really that fearsome. Barnes really only in 88 - they got trounced. Lineker really only 1990 w Gazza - again not really much from those upfront - penalties aside Linekar had one maybe.

The other sides had Klinsmann/Voller/Riedle, Baggio, Maradona, Van Basten etc. around that time.

Owen really - 1998 too early, 2000, sucked as did Shearer. 2004 scored twice?

That was during - Ronaldo, Del Piero, Batistuta, Vieri etc.

England have never been as good as they think they are - this year included.

Shearer got the winner against Germany in 2000. If England had prime Shearer and Owen up-front now they'd still be also rans because its what England do.  

Turned on the TV today at 5pm expecting the first knockout game to be on. Most disappointing.

Anyhoo, what we feeling?

FE350C11-C9DF-4363-A94A-DA74900C15D0.jpeg

1DD2D914-8C1C-47DC-8FA9-8BA38752B7D7.jpeg

No real surprises but I’m going to go for Wales, Italy, Netherlands, Belgium, Spain, France, Germany, Sweden. 

Denmark, Italy, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, France, England, Ukraine.

I think Germany was the best draw for England, I would take Portugal and France to beat them fairly comfortably, Germany are a bit flaky and some of their stars are probably on their last hurrah (Hummels, Muller for example).

And much as Id like the Netherlands to win the whole thing, I think it will be France, to me they look the best balanced team and they have a bit of star quality as well.

Wales are odds of 4-1 today. They've got no injury concerns and have only been beaten by a crack Italian side 1-0 whilst down to ten men, the cooler climate will.also suit although the banning of Welsh fans will.make it feel like a home game to Denmark, who have lost two of their three games (although one was obviously in exceptional circumstances)one and are without their best player.

48 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Wales are odds of 4-1 today. They've got no injury concerns and have only been beaten by a crack Italian side 1-0 whilst down to ten men, the cooler climate will.also suit although the banning of Welsh fans will.make it feel like a home game to Denmark, who have lost two of their three games (although one was obviously in exceptional circumstances)one and are without their best player.

It's in Amsterdam , and Danes are banned from arriving also I believe.

46 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

And the other was against Belgium.

True, but by the same token their win came against a very poor Russian side whilst Wales were defeated by a superb Italian side (although they made changes they have a strong squad) 1-0 in searing heat playing a lot of the game with ten men. Wales have a better goalkeepeer, Ward, and center forward, Moore, than people give credit plus the obvious bona fida Ramsey and Bale, Joe Allen and Dan James are experienced international players plus Wales have no injury concerns whilst Denmark are without their best player, I think it's a tight one to call and the 4-1 on Wales looks big. 

2 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

Southgate to be offered an extension. Words fail

Do they fail tho? Really? He’s the perfect manager for the English media, the FA and the majority of England fans.  

2 hours ago, Gnasher said:

True, but by the same token their win came against a very poor Russian side whilst Wales were defeated by a superb Italian side (although they made changes they have a strong squad) 1-0 in searing heat playing a lot of the game with ten men. Wales have a better goalkeepeer, Ward, and center forward, Moore, than people give credit plus the obvious bona fida Ramsey and Bale, Joe Allen and Dan James are experienced international players plus Wales have no injury concerns whilst Denmark are without their best player, I think it's a tight one to call and the 4-1 on Wales looks big. 

Yeah, I'd probably agree that Wales are overpriced. I do think Denmark are a better side though.

Interesting that it'll be the two Leicester keepers. Ward is still there isnt he? Really needs to go somewhere and play every week.