Quantcast
Euro 2020(21) - Page 111 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Bjornebye

Euro 2020(21)

My thoughts on Belgium… …in fact, I’ll just leave it to Dr Evil.

My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low-grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. 

• Upvote 1

Apparently that Russian left back is from Siberia. They'll be hauling him back to the gulags.

The Danes deserve to get through purely because in every game they've tried to take the initiative. It was understandably difficult in the first game against the Finns, and they ran out of steam against Belgium, but their efforts are better than when a team gets through to the knockouts when simply playing not to lose.

• Upvote 1

Nice to know what we all suspected, that if a streaker made their way on the pitch, the cameras would show anything else in preference, however, a man lying on the ground fighting for life, and the match tv director goes into full ghoulish voyeur mode

• Upvote 1

Thought the Denmark game was pulsating, quite emotional and really well commentated by whoever those two blokes were.

Screenshots from a not-so-grimm night in Copenhagen:

Screen Shot 2021-06-22 at 6.33.46 am.pngTOM & ME.pngScreen Shot 2021-06-22 at 6.27.28 am.pngScreen Shot 2021-06-22 at 6.26.29 am.pngScreen Shot 2021-06-22 at 6.21.15 am.pngScreen Shot 2021-06-22 at 6.23.30 am.png

Screen Shot 2021-06-22 at 6.17.01 am.png

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, polymerpunkah said:

Just lacking that wee bit of 300,000 square miles of Belarus/Ukraine and the inevitable onset of winter.

Disappointing from them.

I expected Dostoeeevsky. This was more like Oblomov.

5 minutes ago, SasaS said:

Disappointing from them.

I expected Dostoeeevsky. This was more like Oblomov.

They'll have to console themselves with that memorable knockout of France's Grande Armée in 1812.

41 minutes ago, Stickman said:

I hate that stupid fucking saying from Keown…”two goalkeepers wouldn’t have saved that from Lakaku ….

I’m pretty sure two goalkeepers would keep out pretty much any shot 

Anyway it’s been disallowed so fuck you Keown 

Known also referred to the tournament as the World Cup. 

9 minutes ago, RedHeadedRed said:

I notice the Danish team have come out to “you'll never walk alone" in the last few games, I assume it's for Erickson which is a nice touch.

I was wondering why I could smell boiled piss

1 hour ago, Anubis said:

That is what football should be all about.

It really, actually brought a tear to my eye... and reminded me of taking my Tom to Anfield in 2017.

.... When, of course, he and I gifted Palace the win and started our great unbeaten run.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, s(k)aturation said:

... and fuck. Me. Sideways... I wish I was in Glasgow tomorrow.

How the fuck is this for a breakfast...!!!

@Mook and/or @Champ and or @Tony Moanero, nip down/up/across to Clydeside and have one of these for me tomorrow, please and thank you...

BREAKFAST.png

Beans aside, that looks pretty tasty. I’m 200 plus miles from Glasgow, though, mate.  A bit far to go for a brekkie, no matter how impressive!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

Beans aside, that looks pretty tasty. I’m 200 plus miles from Glasgow, though, mate.  A bit far to go for a brekkie, no matter how impressive!

Yes, but at least the beans are on the side.  Where they should be - optional and occasional, according to mood and taste.

And, 10,000 miles away possibly means I'll be a no-show...

• Upvote 1

They're trying desperately to force the Sweaties to pull out of the Euro's over the Gilmour positive COVID test! What did they expect? You're running a tournament across a continent whilst a pandemic is ongoing, there were always going to be positive tests!

Over 18 months since COVID broke out, and still clueless!

On 20/06/2021 at 12:48, Elite said:

True. 

How do you think they'll fair against the likes of France and Germany?

That's exactly what I wanna know. Very talented this Italian side but too early to heap praise before we see them against the big boys...Germany, France, Belgium, Portugal...

The Danes are one big happy family having fun and can go all the way in this tournament with their fearless, daredevil attitude. It was a joy watching them. Wish them good luck and a repeat of their heroics of 1992.

8 hours ago, s(k)aturation said:

... and fuck. Me. Sideways... I wish I was in Glasgow tomorrow.

How the fuck is this for a breakfast...!!!

@Mook and/or @Champ and/or @Tony Moanero, nip across/up Clydeside and have one of these for me tomorrow, please and thank you...

BREAKFAST.png

This needs putting on the breakfast thread for a proper review but…..would. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Anubis said:

Disappointing not to see the female streaker.

That would be inappropriate, however filming a man being given CPR and shock resuscitation whilst his distressed wife is pitchside as absolutely fine.

2 hours ago, therevivalist said:

The Danes are one big happy family having fun and can go all the way in this tournament with their fearless, daredevil attitude. It was a joy watching them. Wish them good luck and a repeat of their heroics of 1992.

Do they get to continue playing at home?

3 hours ago, Creator Supreme said:

They're trying desperately to force the Sweaties to pull out of the Euro's over the Gilmour positive COVID test! What did they expect? You're running a tournament across a continent whilst a pandemic is ongoing, there were always going to be positive tests!

Over 18 months since COVID broke out, and still clueless!

Not sure that is true at all! They may be wondering how he caught it - despite being in isolation - which is a fair question. But one for the Scottish team to answer. 

Maybe  if people are concerned about the pandemic then the focus should be on the thousands of Scottish fans who piled into London despite their being a pandemic! 

205464704_Scottishfans.png.de023c137658f722fa2ac3fead30c880.png