You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Euro 2020(21)

Bjornebye

1 minute ago, Anubis said:

Lots of Italians taking the piss. Surely a wind-up.

Maybe. But there's lots of people calling for a rematch in the comments too. 

You've got to laugh though. In the space of 24 hours, we've seen everything from England fans that they've thrown at us for years. 

"Always the victims" - their insistence that the nasty ref and the brutish Italian players were nasty to them. 

"never your fault" - see above, plus the defeat was because of these factors. Nothing to do with England being a bit shite. Honest

"Next year is our year" - the large amount of England supporters who are being overly bullish for the 2022 World Cup. 

The quote from Southgate doing the rounds about people trying to invade was taken to mean the Germans. I hadn't seen the context but thought as Southgate is a decent skin it may well be what Mings is referring to there. They weren't going to allow Johnson and that cunt share any of the glory.

All aside I hate people using twitter wankers as an example of a whole fan bases opinions as I do mainstream media using random twitter users in their articles. Its the same for me as the BBC quoting Big Dave in the pubs opinion as part of a journalistic piece and saying his opinion is how everyone feels.

I've seen Liverpool fans on twitter write some cringeworthy shit, media or anyone could selectively paint any fanbase as the very best or very worst of people.  Journalism especially has become so fucking lazy the title of journalist should be removed and only awarded like a fucking doctorate or some shit.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Morning Glory said:

Rashford just posted his response to the tournament and the past 24 hours. He is such an impressive character. 

He really is! Strange admiring a United player but there's a lot to admire in the lad.

Nice to the messages of support from the decent majority of Withington folk covering up that graffiti on the mural of him!

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Morning Glory said:

Rashford just posted his response to the tournament and the past 24 hours. He is such an impressive character. 

He is absolutely. 
I know there’s a larger context to his post than the missed penalty.

But it’s something I’ve seen a few times from other players - where they feel the need to apologise for missing one - just doesn’t sit right with me that. It’s not like it was done on purpose. 

Apparently Mancini's son had his ticket robbed by Ingerland fans. Loads of them attacked Italy fans in the centre of London.

Just wait til we play Napoli, Roma or Lazio in Europe again. Loads of these market town Brexit twats won't ever set foot in Italy for a game of footy yet these ultras will associate us with these twats and want to target our fans even more so than usual. 

Saw loads of posts off ingerland fans when a few Liverpool fans didn't want to go to Rome after the Sean Cox incident. Calling us bottlers. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Doctor Troy said:

Apparently Mancini's son had his ticket robbed by Ingerland fans. Loads of them attacked Italy fans in the centre of London.

Just wait til we play Napoli, Roma or Lazio in Europe again. Loads of these market town Brexit twats won't ever set foot in Italy for a game of footy yet these ultras will associate us with these twats and want to target our fans even more so than usual. 

Saw loads of posts off ingerland fans when a few Liverpool fans didn't want to go to Rome after the Sean Cox incident. Calling us bottlers. 

Apparently some disabled fella got thrown into the thames. Disgusting behaviour all night that was massively predictable as soon as I saw thousands of them already on the ale at 11am on SSN.