You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Euro 2020(21)

Bjornebye

25 minutes ago, belarus said:

Yeah, because the 70s and 80s were such accepting times, with all creeds and leanings accepted with open arms. 

There are cunts about. Always have been and always will be.

Except back in the 70s and 80's there was some accountability and no mobile phone to share your twattish behaviour or post on line. On top of that the cops were still able to dish out any response to the rough stuff coming there way. These days there's always somebody popping up to support the anti social gobshites.

• Like 1

I do feel a little bit sorry for some of the sound English fans. I am made up though that the little shit that crippled Van Dijk and effectively ruined our season didn’t end up being the hero of the hour. For a few horrifying moments there it was looking likely after the Jorginho penalty save. Also I had money on Italy to win outright before a ball was kicked so happy to make a few bob in the process. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

48 minutes ago, belarus said:

Yeah, because the 70s and 80s were such accepting times, with all creeds and leanings accepted with open arms. 

There are cunts about. Always have been and always will be.

You know what mate, I'd conjecture there were LESS cunts about... and not just because of lower populations.

But you know what else, I don't know that and nor do you.

Regardless of doing an irrelevant tallying or comparison though, yes, cuntery is a pretty prevalent characteristic of humans from the get-go.

I'll say one further thing, in the 70s when I was the "foreigner", the "wog" with immigrant parents growing up in a supposedly much more xenophobic Australia than now... I felt a lot warmer, safer, more engaged and happier than I do now, supposedly enjoying all the trappings of blissful middle-class respectability.

In the late 1970s in Australia, for example, a RIGHT-WING Prime Minister fathered the Asian multiculturalism that has defined this country to a significant extent since.

Imagine a right-wing initiative like that in your wildest dreams today, and it not being slavery or at best exploitation.

Morning after the night before, some thoughts.

Platini's idea of staging games around Europe was a good one but not suited to the covid restrictive times. Overall however, flaws appeared as some fans would have been expected to travel from one country to another in a couple of days as their teams progressed.

The shite about England having an 'unfair' advantage of not having to travel would have applied to any other nation that hosted the semis and final if the host had progressed. Indeed when the tournament is awarded to any one country as in the past, they have a massive advantage, playing all their games in their own country. Right?

Overall, the games were dire with entertaining ones few and far between. Might be something we experience more in European club football seeing as UEFA have done away with 'away' goals rule?

England.

I admit to being disappointed they didnt win. It was a great opportunity to win the competition. Concentrating on just the final, they got off to a great start, a goal inside the first 2 minutes. Only another 88 to hang on for then! And so it seemed.

By whatever circumstances, England were on the back foot and couldnt take the game to Italy. It all reminded me of a plucky League One side who score an earlier goal against a Premier League team in an FA Cup tie and battle vainly to keep the ball and defend the score.

But England couldnt because from the goalkeeper to the midfield, no one had the idea or ability to put their foot on the ball and find the nearest white shirt instead of just putting their foot through it and expecting Kane, Sterling or Mount to chase it.

Talking of Mount, just how the fuck did he manage to stay on the pitch until extra time? The lazy arsed fuck offered nothing up front and I didnt see him stick a foot in at all during the 2nd half. I thought he''d been subbed at half time because I never heard a mention of him until he was subbed in extra time!

Once again, sterling flattered to deceive. He thinks if he falls over often enough, the ref is going to give him more fouls. And when he did stay on his feet and got into dangerous positions, he always wanted too many touches instead of whipping in a cross or taking a shot.

Kane just looked fucked to me. I think I could beat him in a sprint!

The Manager.

Southgate is probably a decent guy. But he's no top class manager. Knighthood? Fuck off, you dont reward failure.

Once again, he looked like a rabbit caught in car headlights. I think he didnt believe his team had scored when it did such was his demeanor when they did.

Is he the first manager to sub players he has put on twice when the said players were not injured? Isnt subbing a player you've put on not 30 minutes before a waste of a substitution? Shouldnt your tactics dictate who is put on so you dont have to take him off when you want the team to change formation and tactics later?

The penalties.

The old girl said to me 'why do you get annoyed when any player misses a penalty?' It's true, I do get annoyed when players miss but not all of them. Doesnt matter what country they were playing for, either.

I said it's because some of them want to be billy big bollocks, look at me, with their stupid 'run ups,' little dances and fancy flicks instead of concentrating on putting the ball in the net. All they do is confuse themselves most of the time and miss.

FIFA has made it even harder for keepers to save pen legitimately yet still these fucks persist with their dances and stupid tippy tappy pens. Put your fucking laces through it is my mantra.

Did the England players practice pens? Did the England coaches say it's ok Marcus, carry on with your silly little dance before your run up?

We all know you have to score your pens. Myself, I think there are 3 big pressure points in these penalty situations: Got to score your first, got to score your 5th and got to score immediately after the oppos have missed their's.

You just knew Rashford was going to miss as soon as he started his shuffle which went on and on and on until he was on top of the ball at which point he didnt have the position to put power into it or place it.

Sancho, fuck me, Dortmund must be pissing themselves getting over £70m for him. He's done nothing in my opinion to warrant that fee.

Saka. I feel for the boy, I really do. Where the fuck were southgate's managerial qualities in letting the least experienced player in his team take what was always going to be a big pressure 5th penalty? Why arent senior pros like sterling, grealish or stones stepping in to take that?

Yes, I understand Saka may have wanted to take the pen. Or, even if he hadnt taken the 5th, may have had to take a later sudden death one. But Im amazed at the cowardice of some of these senior players who demand £300,000 a week wages but let an 18 year old kid take a big penalty before them.

Overall, Ive no problem with the result. England were deffo second best for all but the first 2 minutes of the game. At half time I said tothe old girl if Italy equalise England were in trouble because they were losing possession in their own half, and not making any real chances. Did Donnaruma have a shot to save after Shaw's goal and before the penalties?

Thank god it's over. Here's to the start of the Premier League.

• Upvote 7

I feel for the players to be honest. A proper manager would have had his most experienced players on pens, Kane on no.5. Southgate looks like an arms round the players type, but as has been posted once Italy regrouped he didn’t have the smarts to rejig and go again. 

As for everything else, it just shows up an element of society at large that happens to manifest at football. I knew the lads who missed would cop it online. 

35 and 36 year old centre backs for Italy and he didn’t think to have all of his young attacking players running at them non stop, and pressing the Italian midfield. I know Kane set up the goal but  coming so deep all the time then trotting to the edge of the box is shite. Any European footy fan would say England’s biggest fault is not being good with the ball, and the players not being tactically astute enough. 

• Upvote 2

My thoughts on last night are…

* England should have gone for the kill at 1-0. Southgoat has to take the flak for that IMO. His negative tactics throughout the tournament came back to bite him on the arse. England ended up sitting deeper and deeper and the equaliser was coming. 

* Saka was a rabbit in a headlights when he came on. It was obvious he would miss. 

* Interesting Southgoat picked the takers. Grealish has come out and said he wanted one. Sterling buried one to win the League Cup for City a couple of years ago. I feel for Saka, the responsibility shouldn’t be on his shoulders. 

* Glad Hendo didn’t have a chance to take a penalty.

* Glad Pickford wasn’t a shootout hero. 

* Glad two Man Utd players missed. 

2 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I for one am shocked that the people who hate their own country were so full of shit.

Darren Grimes. It kicked off loads all day and night. Even in the stadium people were getting there heads kicked in and stuff getting smashed up. 

30 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

Mate, this is the FF!

34 minutes ago, Istvan Kuntstain said:

Fuck off anyone who supports a revenge negging cunt is a shithouse too. place has turned to shit for shithouse cunts.

Ah got it, ur one of those eloquent twats. Why not just wait for him after school.