You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Euro 2020(21)

Bjornebye

2 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

No, not really. And I'm not a bitter shit-stirring fuckwit either, so there's that too.

No, just someone who never answers the questions straight.  Typical politician.  Gutted, your 'England' have lost.  And defending the racists attacking 'your' players.

5 minutes ago, Red_or_Dead said:

No, just someone who never answers the questions straight.  Typical politician.  Gutted, your 'England' have lost.  And defending the racists attacking 'your' players.

Who's defending any racists? Just making shit up now I see.

At the end of the day, you're the one celebrating three young black men missing penalties against an all-white team.

• Downvote 2

The three lads who missed the penalties are already being subjected to the usual vile racist abuse on Twitter and various other social media platforms, and plenty of vids doing the rounds of Italians and coloured people being filled in for no good reason.

Does it ever end?

This is the main reason why I had no problems seeing England get beaten. I genuinely feel sorry for the decent people who support England, and all the kids who are getting caught up in this football fervour, perhaps for the first time. Unfairly tarred with the same brush as the knuckle dragging flagshaggers, until those brain dead bastards are finally completely disconnected from the international side then many of us won't support England and side with xenophobes, racists and cunts.

After a tournament where England gained much, all gone to shite at the 11th hour.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, stringvest said:

All things considered, that England team did a fantastic job.  Rice, Phillips, the full backs, Sterling and Kane were all really really good.  Pickford in the pens.  Credit to them. 

I agree.

Obversely though, I think Sterling and Kane also represent part of the problem. Now Kane might not be fully fit, who knows, and I think Sterling, when he's good he looks pretty good - but he and Kane simply don't offer enough true grit, relentlessness and passion... especially when the flow of the game is with the other side.

Southgate's "invasion" comments aside, I think he's more OK than the Kanes and Sterlings - the supposed worldies in this team.

Also, as I mentioned earlier a semi and a final in their last two tournament outings is perhaps hardly problematic.

Fucking hell, you yer daft twat!  You stating on that instagram post that they aren't 'from England', - totally missing the point.  Right, you have no conclusive proof that they aren't from England.  Why would anyone go out of their way to post racist abuse to that player if they weren't England fans - makes no sense.

And, you daft cunt, not 'celebrtaing three young black men missing penalties' if you'd read my first post after the game ended you will see that.  But, like a typical Tory, you ignore facts and make up your own. 

Your 'England' team lost, fucking own it man.  They were shit, and the they have loads of racist followers, if you can't accept that, them there is no hope for you.

[fully expect an arch reply reply which addresses none of these points and accuses me of other discretions]

Every the politician, Stronts, never change!

39 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

You would have enjoyed the conversation of the old Melbourne Croatia Football Club (Melbourne Knights these days).  I was a bit lost being a recent anglo immigrant.

My Dad was youth team coach there in 1993, which occasionally included Viduka, still a teenager - as he was already becoming a mainstay in the seniors team by then.

Dad played for Melbourne Croatia in the early 1960s, with his best friend Billy Vojtek (my sister's godfather).

Vojtek played 47 times for Australia, only missing out on a berth in the Australia's first ever World Cup Finals in Germany in 1974, because of a falling out with Australia's "Jugoslav" coach, Rale Rašič.

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Didn't realise only people from England could post on Instagram. Mind blown.

27 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

No, not really. And I'm not a bitter shit-stirring fuckwit either, so there's that too.

19 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Who's defending any racists? Just making shit up now I see.

At the end of the day, you're the one celebrating three young black men missing penalties against an all-white team.

Thats exactly what you are ! A lying, contrary shit bag. 

12 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

He sets them up like a mid table team playing away - they need a dynamic player at the top to make that work.

Kane is not that guy imo.

Yep, my post above agrees with you on that one too.  Nor is Sterling I don't think.

3 minutes ago, Red_or_Dead said:

Fucking hell, you yer daft twat!  You stating on that instagram post that they aren't 'from England', - totally missing the point.  Right, you have no conclusive proof that they aren't from England.  Why would anyone go out of their way to post racist abuse to that player if they weren't England fans - makes no sense.

Firstly, I didn't say that the comments on Instagram aren't from English people. I simply pointed out there was no evidence that they were from English people.

Secondly, way to demolish your own argument. You have no more evidence that the people making those comments are English any more than I would have if I'd said they weren't (which I didn't - I just pointed out that Instagram is available worldwide).

Thirdly, why would anyone go out of their way to post racist abuse to England players if they're not England fans? Gee, I don't know - maybe because they're racists? And racists gonna racist regardless of where they are from.

Just now, Anubis said:

Well that’s that over. Onwards to the PL.

Thank goodness.  

Looking forward to again aiming our fan shithousery, with a relatively unified front, at other communities and movements largely in the North-West. With special mention, as always, to the United Arab Emirates.

Just now, Strontium Dog™ said:

Firstly, I didn't say that the comments on Instagram aren't from English people. I simply pointed out there was no evidence that they were from English people.

Secondly, way to demolish your own argument. You have no more evidence that the people making those comments are English any more than I would have if I'd said they weren't (which I didn't - I just pointed out that Instagram is available worldwide).

Thirdly, why would anyone go out of their way to post racist abuse to England players if they're not England fans? Gee, I don't know - maybe because they're racists? And racists gonna racist regardless of where they are from.

Talking of arguments, why do you continually ignore the reality and facts pointed back at your posts? Is it because you don't like being proved wrong or because you are a tory? Or a scum bag either way It's every single one you fucking slug 

2 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Talking of arguments, why do you continually ignore the reality and facts pointed back at your posts? Is it because you don't like being proved wrong or because you are a tory? Or a scum bag either way It's every single one you fucking slug 

I thrive on facts. Give me some evidence that the abuse on Instagram is from English people and then it will be a fact.

4 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Genuinely don’t see the point in this. If you get gripped, and you inevitably will, then you’re probably getting a football banning order. Just go and watch it in the pub.

Just now, Strontium Dog™ said:

I thrive on facts. Give me some evidence that the abuse on Instagram is from English people and then it will be a fact.

More lies. You don't thrive on facts and why are you ignoring the other things I've pulled you up on? You made the statement you prove it, that was you're statement a few years ago? Or have you conveniently forgot again? You're all over the place. 

2 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

More lies. You don't thrive on facts and why are you ignoring the other things I've pulled you up on? You made the statement you prove it, that was you're statement a few years ago? Or have you conveniently forgot again? You're all over the place. 

But I haven't made any claims anywhere that require proving.

1 hour ago, s(k)aturation said:

I'm with you, Howie...

I thought Southgate extracted the best he could from what he's got.  Some of these players are just shithouses or at best soft.  Sterling leads that pack for me.

And we can talk all we like about England never beating anyone and being lucky in the draw in every tournament, but the fact is.. they have now successively made a semi and the final in the World's two biggest tournaments.  Southgate might be a bellend or not, or whatever, but he must get some credit for that.

There is no reason to suggest they won't be there or thereabouts in Qatar. 

Italy for me, at the moment and in this tournament, are a clearly better team than England though.

And one last thing that won't be popular, apart from one boob that almost cost a goal admittedly, I thought Pickford was (at last) pretty world-class tonight and didn't deserve to lose.

Honestly, I think that's a crazy opinion. There was a solid base with either the back 3 or back 4 and the two holding players, but tactically it was about as rudimentary as it gets. All credit should go the players who almost pulled it off. 

Bar the Ukraine game, England created essentially 2 or 3 decent chances per game and converted 1 or 2 of those. They were one of the worst attacking teams in the tournament. Southgate tried to shithouse his way to the trophy with some of the best attacking talent to chose from in the world. 

• Upvote 1