You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Euro 2020(21)

Bjornebye

5 minutes ago, Pidge said:

I was hoping he'd save them, yeah. Pretty obvious that, isn't it? Wanting things to happen that might help the side win something I want it to win?

This, I just can't understand.  The twat derailed our season, but all for the greater good of England?  Each to his own, I guess.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pidge said:

Kane was done after 60 minutes today, was winning a lot of headers in the first half, but next to none in the second half. Southgate has to be prepared to sub him.

I was thinking that during the game. The entire shape of the game had changed and England were only ever going to score on the break. They might as well have chucked on Rashford or Sancho, but Southgate was never going to sub Kane. 

Ironically the game completely swung in Italy's favour when they ditched their striker. Mind you, probably an easier call, he was shite all tournament. 

1 minute ago, Baltar said:

Both he and one of the Italians took an age to take their pen and they both missed. Just step up and bang it instead of hanging around, you tits.

Couple of twat pens from Rashford and Sancho

2 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

I was thinking that during the game. The entire shape of the game had changed and England were only ever going to score on the break. They might as well have chucked on Rashford or Sancho, but Southgate was never going to sub Kane. 

Ironically the game completely swung in Italy's favour when they ditched their striker. Mind you, probably an easier call, he was shite all tournament. 

Calvert-Lewin, I'd have thought. Could win headers and run the channels (and a better goalscorer than Rashford)

8 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

BBC going with Fleetwood Mac’s Songbird. Tune. I’m singing along happily. 

Yeah that was dead awkward because I’d drunkenly told my bird when she had rumours on when we were first “courting” that was mine and my exes song and she had already come in for a cuddle on the couch before that monologue. Cheers BBC you Tory cunts. Nothings been said yet but that was the most uncomfortable 4 minutes I’ve had since I was under fire. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Lee909 said:

If Mancini goes into the world cup still playong Immobile he's a loon. 

They looked so much better with Berradi,Insigne and Chiesa. 

Shame we didn't move for Chiesa before the Juve move

Immobile is terrible. Serie A must really be weak if this guy is one of their best goal scorers. 

I hope every gobshite who laughed their bollocks off at Gerrard and us in 2014 and who sing about how he fell on his arse, and the same gobshites who thought it was so, so funny when Karius handed Real Madrid the European Cup, who also pissed themselves when we got 97 pts and couldn't win title and who flooded social media demanding null and void when we were on verge of title are absolutely gutted tonight.

Fuck them, fuck ingerlund.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 15

6 minutes ago, Red_or_Dead said:

This, I just can't understand.  The twat derailed our season, but all for the greater good of England?  Each to his own, I guess.

You can't understand my ability to disassociate two completely separate events that have no bearing on each other?  He's a stupid, clumsy liability who endangers his fellow players, but if he's stood in front of a penalty I would like to be saved then yes, I want him to save it.

Not fucking rocket science. Anyway, I'm honestly not that arsed about the result here. I'm actually at home watching on my own because I'm back off a stag night and decided on an early night regardless. So, maybe it's the signal I should go catch up on some sleep.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, m0e said:

Best team won.

England did the best they possibly could.

Easy group and played a clapped out Germany to have a dream run to the final.

Knock outs had 3 big games at Wembley.

No serious injuries.

At the end, they were too negative, and still took it to the wire.

But for the manager to bring in 2 kids just to take pens - kids who have no experience, had no time to touch the ball, and aren't even the regular takers for their clubs - is absolute madness.

There's nothing else to add to that. Tactics, shmactics. They set up no to lose from day zero, and to rely on the quality if Kane and Sterling. That's what took them to the final, and that was always how they were going to play the final.

Well done, Italy.

They got everything they deserved, playing exciting and positive football, beating Belgium, Spain and the defacto home nation on the way.

A quality post in full.  Was thinking this game might be a game too far for them and was fearing it when Fatso Shaw scored in the 2nd minute.  But deserved winners of the tournament.

There was no dark arts about Chiellini's yellow, that was pure panto villian hilarious. I was howling, and thinking of...

7 hours ago, halewood pete said:

I've had a fiver at 3/1 with paddy Power for Chiellini to get booked within 90 mins.

1 minute ago, Pidge said:

Calvert-Lewin, I'd have thought. Could win headers and run the channels (and a better goalscorer than Rashford)

I think the need for a focal point had gone. They were never intent in playing high enough up the pitch. He'd have been more useful for the few set pieces they had in Italy's half, I guess. 

But yeah, I suppose he's no slouch either.

Whoever he brought on was never going to have it easy because they had no way of feeling their way into the game as they only got the ball every five minutes. 

Just now, Baltar said:

Immobile is terrible. Serie A must really be weak if this guy is one of their best goal scorers. 

Yes, the obvious conclusion to be made right after Italy win the Euros is that Serie A, the league in which most of their players come from, is really weak.

1 minute ago, Baltar said:

From what I've watched, its getting better but don't think its recovered from Calciopoli. It killed the competitiveness and turned it into a one team league, first Inter,then Juve. And the money disappeared. 

Don't think he's a bad player, but a old fashioned forward,who doesn't fit the system and hinders Chiesa and Insigne

3 minutes ago, Chocoholic said:

There was no dark arts about Chiellini's yellow, that was pure panto villian hilarious. I was howling, and thinking of...

Its like the Suarez handball. 

Everyone screaming about it, cheating etc etc. If one of my players didn't do it I'd be fuming.