You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Euro 2020(21)

Bjornebye

16 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Immobile just lacking that wee bit of everything required to be a professional footballer at the moment. 

His shiteness might just cost you a few hats, come 10pm tonight...

I think England have got this unless Italy pull off a worldie or England make a defensive mistake. 

Italy appear to have no threat. England's back 3 are just holding a line and Italy have nothing to worry them - no pace in behind, no power to out-muscle the England back 3. That's why Italy are always constantly recycling possession, from the forwards back into midfield. And it's why Bonucci had that speculative effort late on. 

• Upvote 1

Well, what do you know? Buy a ticket in the raffle and you may win a prize!

England have been pushed back most of the game due to Italy's possession and their own inability to hold onto the ball. Several of England's back line have just launched it anywhere. Might be nerves, might be lack of composure, might be lack of options.

Southgate needs to tell Pickford to stop hammering the ball upfield to no one. Mount looks a luxury player to me. Several times he'slet the ball go past him of not challenged a player. I dont see what Rice brings to the table really.

England need to keep possession a lot better.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Nelly-Torres said:

I think England have got this unless Italy pull off a worldie or England make a defensive mistake. 

Italy appear to have no threat. England's back 3 are just holding a line and Italy have nothing to worry them - no pace in behind, no power to out-muscle the England back 3. That's why Italy are always constantly recycling possession, from the forwards back into midfield. And it's why Bonucci had that speculative effort late on. 

I agree

1 minute ago, Jordy Brouwer said:

Kane was great but I could do with him throwing himself to the ground a bit less. 

How dare you! Sir Harry of Kane doesn’t throw himself to the ground.  He’s so excellent he is constantly fouled and brought down illegally by those nasty Italians’

Italy have the quality in Chiesa and Insigne, but they aren't getting in the game, and Emerson/Immobile are killing them.

England stay solid and they've got Kane and Sterling, and no one killing them.

That's the difference. Top class with competent support.

Sad thing is, Italy have nothing off the bench either.

I can see England scoring another, and if they get it early enough, even a third.

8 minutes ago, gap30 said:

Has Mount done anything in the whole tournament

I don’t get the hype. He’s neat and tidy but I’m struggling with what else. He’s not a midfielder, he’s not an attacker. 

I like Saka better.