You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Euro 2020(21)

Bjornebye

10 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I wasn’t really arsed earlier but I’ll freely admit that these videos have got me hoping Italy twat them. Well, that and the fact all my bets involve Italy winning…

I've got Italy in the friends tombola or whateverthefuckyoucallit, and if it wasn't for the fact that I'd be £100 up, with everybody paying for a night out for me individually  as well, then I'd have a think about who I wanted to win, as this England team have a neutral cunt rating, excluding Walker and Kane.

But as soon as that servitudinal dirge 'God Save The Queen' starts up I'd know fully that this is not my team.

Forza Italia!

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

If you can't see the irony of what's happening right now and what has been said about us for 30 years then let's just agree to disagree.

It is appalling mate, end of, no excuses. But you're blaming a whole fan base, team and nation because of some nobs who have broken through a cordon.

19 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Yeah some really top sides about then particularly Spain (obviously) but that group between 04 and 12 should have at least made the final of something. To not make the 2008 Euros with them players is beyond words. 

Even 2002. England were unlucky in that tournament they came up against the last great Brazil side. 

Two penalty shootouts in 2004 & 2006. But I agree with your point. Always seem to grasp defeat from the jaws of victory or spectacularly self destruct. 

Not 2012 though. The Hodgepodge had started his reign of terror by then. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

I've got Italy in the friends tombola or whateverthefuckyoucallit, and if it wasn't for the fact that I'd be £100 up, with everybody paying for a night out for me individually  as well, then I'd have a think about who I wanted to win, as this England team have a neutral cunt rating, excluding Walker, Pickford and Kane.

But as soon as that servitudinal dirge 'God Save The Queen' starts up I'd know fully that this is not my team.

Forza Italia!

Fixed it for you.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

It is appalling mate, end of, no excuses. But you're blaming a whole fan base, team and nation because of some nobs who have broken through a cordon.

Imagine if we judged Liverpool fans by the behaviour of some Liverpool fans in Athens in 2007.

6 minutes ago, Elite said:

He's left out the biggest cunt of the lot. Sterling.

Ooops!

I live a couple of miles away from Hoddesdon (Herts) which is full of eyeties.

Whatever the result there will be fun.

It'll be pretty ugly in a lot of places tonight, whatever the result.

Just now, Gnasher said:

I'm Welsh and have some family in Italy so it's obviously Italy for me. Now if I wasn't Welsh and didn't have family in Italy then that would change things, it'd still be Italy though..

Joe Calzaghe here...

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Scott_M said:

You could say the same about Rashford or Foden’s game time. Doesn’t mean they aren’t very good players. 

Either way, I only offered my opinion. I guess that’s why I’m laying on my sofa playing PS5 and not paid multimillions in football!

They're all very good players.

They just don't all to deserve to start. I thought that was made clear in my initial question.

I don't think Sancho deserves to get a spot, is all.

I also think Southgate is banking on the stronger bench getting them through.

Hence the defensive line up.

And I doubt that will include Sancho.

9 minutes ago, tokyojoe said:

Ooops!

I live a couple of miles away from Hoddesdon (Herts) which is full of eyeties.

Whatever the result there will be fun.

It'll be pretty ugly in a lot of places tonight, whatever the result.

I forgot Bedford.

Fuck. Ing. Hell.

Fantastic scenes inside Wembley, fans of all colour, creed and religions singing along and having a good time. I concentrate on the positives. 70,000 odd people behaving not a couple of hundred nobs who dont.

Anyway, each to their own. Time to sit back and take it all in.

• Upvote 1