You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Euro 2020(21)

Bjornebye

Just now, Carvalho Diablo said:

I don't like international football but that doesn't invalidate my point.

Well the point becomes invalidated when people seemingly say every tournament that the standard is poor. I don't know, maybe don't watch it, then. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Tony Moanero said:

I agree with most of that, but is England fans singing “Sweet Caroline” any different to us adopting “Ring of Fire” in the 00s?

To the best of my knowledge and i'll hold hands up if wrong ring of fire was not played and sung at pretty much every sporting event put on by sky et al back then......

Intresting part of the Hunter Davies book Oh Glory Game, is the crowd at Wembley in 66 didn't boo the German anthem or sing silly songs about German bombers despite the war being obviously more recent then. 

Interesting fact on Hunter Davis, he's the only author ever to write an authorised book about the Beatles... and their has since been thousands.

Edit.. and here it is, the cover alone makes it worth the money..

1 hour ago, Gnasher said:

Yeah I agree, maybe I'm a bit biased but I used to live just across the river from the millennium stadium and I've ambled around the ground and mixed with a lot of other national sides fans when they were playing Wales and the majority went out of their way to mix around the restaurants and bars, take in a bit of the city centre and enjoy the day but theirs a special kind of cuntyness surrounding a lot England fans. 

https://nation.cymru/culture/the-night-the-beautiful-game-turned-ugly-on-a-night-of-shame-in-milan/

And there’s the article about when those lively Italians gave the unsuspecting welsh fans a beating for no reason after walloping you 4-0.

Forza Italia, eh?

2 minutes ago, an tha said:

To the best of my knowledge and i'll hold hands up if wrong ring of fire was not played and sung at pretty much every sporting event put on by sky et al back then......

To be honest, I didn’t realise they played “Sweet Caroline” at other sporting events. I don’t watch any of them, and binned Sky off years ago.

5 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

To be honest, I didn’t realise they played “Sweet Caroline” at other sporting events. I don’t watch any of them, and binned Sky off years ago.

Eddie Hearn has been doing it at his boxing cards for ages for example....and all the sheep in the crowd shout 'so good, so good, so good'

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, belarus said:

https://nation.cymru/culture/the-night-the-beautiful-game-turned-ugly-on-a-night-of-shame-in-milan/

And there’s the article about when those lively Italians gave the unsuspecting welsh fans a beating for no reason after walloping you 4-0.

Forza Italia, eh?

I know people who were there, carnage, the police were as much to blame as anyone. You're right though, shocking scenes. Italian fans on home soil are vicious.

7 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

After you've listened to "Daydream Believer" for the first time, Tone, I'd suggest giving "Sweet Caroline" a crack.  I think it's a promising tune, perhaps.

5 minutes ago, s(k)aturation said:

After you've listened to "Daydream Believer" for the first time, Tone, I'd suggest giving "Sweet Caroline" a crack.  I think it's a promising tune, perhaps.

I’m not sure I’m ready for that, mate, I’ve only just got into skiffle.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I like Hendo, great guy but he's done well for himself, a defeat tonight will be forgotten about by the time he  comes back from his holidays. I would get more joy from Pickford being the villain than Hendo being the hero. Its a smaltume attitude but I'm a small time type of guy.

I wrote Italy off 28 minute into the tournament, I'm not going to let evidence change my opinion, they're still shit.

1 minute ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

Diane Abbot was on the radio on Friday night , completely pissed. I think she may have a problem with drinking. There’s a clip on YouTube. 

Because she sounded like she had a drink on the Radio on a Friday night she's got a drink problem? 

The reason Johnson doesn’t do interviews or get out much is because the stains of being Prime Minster have exacerbated his drinking problem to the point where he either can’t be trusted to not say something stupid, or they literally can’t prise him out of bed as he’s too passed.

Been getting worse over the past year or so.

Its why he looks so rotten a lot of the time, especially around lunch/early afternoon. He’s either still hanging or has had his first taste of the day.

He needs help…

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

The reason Johnson doesn’t do interviews or get out much is because the stains of being Prime Minster have exacerbated his drinking problem to the point where he either can’t be trusted to not say something stupid, or they literally can’t prise him out of bed as he’s too passed.

Been getting worse over the past year or so.

Its why he looks so rotten a lot of the time, especially around lunch/early afternoon. He’s either still hanging or has had his first taste of the day.

He needs help…

Gove has appeared in parliament off his tits on beak. He needs help.