You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Euro 2020(21)

Bjornebye

43 minutes ago, an tha said:

In 1966 did the fans of all those other clubs that make up a very, very big chunk of Ingerlunds support week in week out in games v Liverpool sing 'sign on' 'always the victim' 'in your Liverpool slums' etc etc?

Had Liverpool as a city been treated like shite by the government for decades?

Had the person who was Prime Minister written a piece a few years before in a magazine calling Liverpudlians 'victims'?

Had the FA (who the Ingerlund football team is run by) been absolutely up its necks in the cause of and later cover up of the deaths of Liverpool supporters at a game in its cup competition?

Had the queen (who the Ingerlish national anthem pays homage to) presided over a nigh on 30 year miscarriage of justice by the legal system that she is 'crown of' around those deaths?

Were scores and scores of the Ingerlish public falling over themselves to spite Liverpool by sending in letters to newspapers desperately looking for the 1966 European Cup Winners Cup Final to be won by Borussia Dortmund?

Fuck Ingerlund....I hope they get beat tonight and I hope it is in the most heartbreaking way imaginable.

Good grief have you been a victim? Every country has their patriotism,plenty more than England it's just we're seen as cunts by cunts, I couldn't give a fuck who wins as in the World Cup, I just like the football on show and I've no room for anyone else in my dwindling interest in the game, and the over the top news coverage. 

I had to leave the pub last week due to England fans singing shite but I expect that happens in any country, football fans these days of a certain age are generally tossers. 

What I don’t get is the sudden pivot to try and get us to believe these players are saints. I think asking footballers to be role models is unfair and stupid, but off the top of my head;

Maguire - awaiting trial for assault and bribery

Grealish - can’t stop drunk driving, banned and fined £80k

Foden - broke COVID rules to cheat on his missus Hancock got worse)

Greenwood - same

Stones - cheated on his wife, kicked her and their kid out and then spied on them

Sterling - beat up his girlfriend 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

Do you think in the run up to the 1966 final, English people spent the days saying how much they hated this country and most of their fellow population ? 

We are having a bbq, the kids are making banners and painting their faces and we are going to love every minute (until we lose). For anyone over 50, it’s probably the only final England will ever be in in our lifetime, enjoy it for fuck sake. 

DDBB35F4-92A6-4E75-9870-0608B61566D3.jpeg

1966 waw a completely different era

13 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

What I don’t get is the sudden pivot to try and get us to believe these players are saints. I think asking footballers to be role models is unfair and stupid, but off the top of my head;

Maguire - awaiting trial for assault and bribery

Grealish - can’t stop drunk driving, banned and fined £80k

Foden - broke COVID rules to cheat on his missus Hancock got worse)

Greenwood - same

Stones - cheated on his wife, kicked her and their kid out and then spied on them

Sterling - beat up his girlfriend 

I get where you’re coming from, IMO this squad is far less offensive that previous squads of Ashley Cole, Terry, Rooney, Neville and others. 

Let’s face it, Gerrard & Carragher have been no boy scouts at times.

I 100% agree with the points about England being followed by knobheads though.

I’ve been away watching both England & Liverpool (Liverpool significantly more) and  it’s true, both sets of supporters their % of idiots. I feel that the England has a higher %.

For example, if some dick following the reds starts Munich or Shipman, I fully expect it’d be drowned out by something pro-Liverpool in seconds. 

However, if somebody started “10 German Bombers” at an England match, I wouldn’t expect it to be drowned out, I’d expect it to gather momentum.

I’m on the fence about what I want to happen tonight. I fully appreciate those who want England to win and feel it’d be good of the county. 

On the flip side, I’m not a scouser and have never lived in Liverpool - I don’t take as much offence supporters mocking poverty & unemployment but I also don’t feel those who want England to win should be telling other who feel strongly about the above how to feel. 

In summary - I’ve done some epic fence sitting there. There is no right answer to loyalists for tonight so we should just respect others opinions / feelings on the matter.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

I get where you’re coming from, IMO this squad is far less offensive that previous squads of Ashley Cole, Terry, Rooney, Neville and others. 

Let’s face it, Gerrard & Carragher have been no boy scouts at times.

I don’t think it’s any different, you just don’t have the tabloids stirring shit this time.  

As I said I think holding footballers to a higher moral standard than anyone else is daft. Some are great, like Rashford, but others are

cunts, like Barton.  But being a footballer has nothing to do with it. 

The way Liverpool (as a town and a club) and Merseyside feels they are 'treated' by the rest of England seems very similar to how Naples felt (maybe still feel) about the rest of Italy.

Theres a fascinating story about how Napoli were torn between Italy and Argentina in 1990, and how Maradona played into that.

I suppose, it just goes to show that the same shit happens in Italy... the team some of us are supporting because it goes on in England.

1 hour ago, belarus said:

If everything in there is true, then fair enough, on a human level it’s wrong. I very much doubt there were people shouting “you don’t belong here” to an away team football fan, or spitting at kids. Sounds like the old mick hucknall story I used to hear as a kid “he hates scousers - he spat in a little girl’s face who asked for an autograph” bollocks.

Obviously have not been reading the news for the last decade if you think there are elements of the English population who wouldn't say anything like this in public.

21 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

Just to be clear, you’re hoping we get beat in probably the only final you will ever see the national team in becuase of Government regional economic policies from 40 years ago and some nasty away fans used to make fun of Liverpool and wrote letters to the papers. For fucks sake, you only get one life, maybe try to get over yourself and actually enjoy the brief period of being on the planet. 

If you feel it is ok to stand arm in arm with the people who call us murderers, victims etc etc and who were all over social media desperate to see the season null and void when we were on verge of winning title, who would rather see Man City and their bent, cheating regime win title than us....if you want to stand for the same cause as the piece of dogshite below who wrote what he wrote about Liverpool and refused to apologise then knock yourself out...Me?...No thanks - fuck that.

As for your comments on 'used to' and the letters - you have clearly totally missed the point....

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR_SumwEm5QgjOvDskXwZq

2 hours ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

Do you think in the run up to the 1966 final, English people spent the days saying how much they hated this country and most of their fellow population ? 

We are having a bbq, the kids are making banners and painting their faces and we are going to love every minute (until we lose). For anyone over 50, it’s probably the only final England will ever be in in our lifetime, enjoy it for fuck sake. 

DDBB35F4-92A6-4E75-9870-0608B61566D3.jpeg

Hope the kids have a boss day fella. I loved the 96 euros and 98 World Cup as a kid. Lucky gets. I’m off to a communion party for my missus friends son. They have sorted a big screen in their garage and the kids are all allowed to stay up for it. I’ll be leaving and watching it at home I expect but it’s always nice to see the kids excited. 

2 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

No, it’s just more meaningless piffle. That being said I can’t be arsed pulling the shite people talk on here any more I’ve better things to do with my time.

“Meaningless piffle” thats quite a dismissive Tory style response to whenever they get pulled up on something. You just didn’t like my answer. You don’t like being pulled up on your shite (who does?) 

13 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

A very bizarre article.

9D9CE2A0-C274-476A-B9AB-019F7AE7BDA3.jpeg

Daily Mail there stirring knee bending outrage amongst its readership. Cunts 

• Upvote 1

Harry Kane will be wearing white breast plate , chain mail and matching helmet and spurs emblazoned with a red 3 Lions motif.  EUFA have refused permission for him to enter Wemberly on a white charger carrying a lance. Daily Mail readers are outraged by the dirty forins interfering with the sport we invented. 

Cry God for Harry , England and St George. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, an tha said:

If you feel it is ok to stand arm in arm with the people who call us murderers, victims etc etc and who were all over social media desperate to see the season null and void when we were on verge of winning title, who would rather see Man City and their bent, cheating regime win title than us....if you want to stand for the same cause as the piece of dogshite below who wrote what he wrote about Liverpool and refused to apologise then knock yourself out...Me?...No thanks - fuck that.

As for your comments on 'used to' and the letters - you have clearly totally missed the point....

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR_SumwEm5QgjOvDskXwZq

So you don’t stand arm in arm with any evertonians on anything then?

Anyway, I’m not arsed - each to their own. I understand the viewpoint, but I don’t share it anymore. I hate and stand against all the things you mention, but it’s fuck all to do with the English football team for me. I can hate Boris Johnson with a passion, feel forever angered about the despicable Hillsborough cover ups, and feel total contempt for dead headed and outdated chants about Liverpool slums and signing on, while still following the England team at a tournament. You think the Italians haven’t got the same skid marks within their national and recent history? I won’t feel guilty for not hating everything English. It isn’t shameful to be English. 

I obviously live away these days, but the buzz around when I’ve been out and about this morning is brilliant. Everyone letting each other out at junctions and in Aldi car park, cars playing that 3 lions. It’s lifted the mood big time. I’m going to get involved too - few scoops in the local with the neighbours this avvy, then round to the in-laws to watch the game later. 

• Upvote 5

6 minutes ago, CapeRed said:

Is there a rule that you have to wear an away strip ? As far as I know you dont, especially as no clash of colours.

And why the fuck would Italy be given the choice as the home team? Like our lads playing spurs at home next season and saying “fuck it, we want to wear our white away strip today”. As Scott says, bizarre article. Brainless. It can fuck off