You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Euro 2020(21)

Bjornebye

8 hours ago, The Midnight Rambler said:

Looking forward to the game Sunday. If you offered me the choice of 3 points against Norwich or England win the euro’s. I’d take 3 points against Norwich without hesitation. You go back to when you were a kid and watching England, when you were fully invested. My first ever football shirt was a England shirt & I had a pair of Gazza puma boots. I’m jealous of kids today, who have zero baggage watching this England team. I’ll also be buzzing for my old man, who’s always been a big England football fan. He was 10 in 66 and was probably wondering if he’d ever see the day. He’s sound though, only ever took me to see the reds. 

Completely agree about the bold bit. 

I used to quite like watching England. It was a good laugh to go to the pub with my Leeds supporting mates. Then I realised that I didn’t want to be associated with them and the whole thing was just a massive inconvenience.

Not fussed who wins on Sunday. I suppose it’d be nice for the country to have something to celebrate after the past 18 months (longer if you include Brexit) and hopefully it’d heal some divisions in the country for a while, but I’m also realise given the way our shitehawk politicians will be all over it and the little Ingurlunders feeling justified in their views, some could dig their heals in the opposite way.

I probably would raise a small cheer if Hendo scored.

11 hours ago, The Midnight Rambler said:

Looking forward to the game Sunday. If you offered me the choice of 3 points against Norwich or England win the euro’s. I’d take 3 points against Norwich without hesitation. You go back to when you were a kid and watching England, when you were fully invested. My first ever football shirt was a England shirt & I had a pair of Gazza puma boots. I’m jealous of kids today, who have zero baggage watching this England team. I’ll also be buzzing for my old man, who’s always been a big England football fan. He was 10 in 66 and was probably wondering if he’d ever see the day. He’s sound though, only ever took me to see the reds. 

Ouch, feeling old now. I was 10 in '66. Listened to it on a coach coming home from holiday in Great Yarmouth.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, The Midnight Rambler said:

Yeah I  would take 3 points for the reds over England every day of the week. Still would have no issues if England do win, the knob percentage against genuine ordinary followers is quite small and I have never forgotten Inter v Liverpool back in 65.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CapeRed said:

Yeah I  would take 3 points for the reds over England every day of the week. Still would have no issues if England do win, the knob percentage against genuine ordinary followers is quite small and I have never forgotten Inter v Liverpool back in 65.

22 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Never realised before that Walker looks like The Engineer. 

3705.jpg

intro-1495818446.jpg

Him and Slabhead in the defence. That should be enough to frighten any team off.

6 hours ago, Scott_M said:

Southgoat’s mask slips at the 11th hour…

3D714DFC-0A9B-49DD-BB2D-4AD39631C466.png

Well, what'd ya know... a twat, after all.

To equate a football match, if nothing else, to situations over a 1000 years where thousands, millions of innocent people have been used as monarchical and governmental cannon fodder in war - these invasions and things in question - is, simply, insensitive and disrespectful fuckwittery of a a very, very high standard.

12 hours ago, s(k)aturation said:

VAnd there are people I know, like Gordon "Pistonbroke" who will be made up if England win.

And my late, great friend, photographer and Chester City legend, Gary Talbot - who died less than a year ago and won't get the chance, sadly, to watch this on Sunday in his "football chair" in Eccleston - will shake God's ceiling deep down to the foundations if England get up on Sunday.

Invasion talk from fuckwits aside, this is why I'll be happy if England win tomorrow.

For my Evertonian friend, Gary...

... who didn't talk about football in terms of war and invasion, but only in terms of playing a game, shaking hands, and having a pint afterwards.

I was lucky enough to do 2 out of those 3 things with him.

RIP Gary.

Go England...

image1.jpeg

• Upvote 6

When was the last time a European country or club, won it on home soil?

France 98?

France blew it in 2016.

Brazil blew it in 2014.

Bayern blew it in 2012.

The mancs blew it in 2011 (that was Wembley).

Germany blew it in 2006.

Portugal blew it in 2004.