You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Euro 2020(21)

Bjornebye

I was convinced Sterling was getting that exact penalty against Italy. Himself and Kane may have shot the gun here, the referee team for Sunday will have been reviewing that and it won't be pretty for England's less balanced players.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, No2 said:

I was convinced Sterling was getting that exact penalty against Italy. Himself and Kane may have shot the gun here, the referee team for Sunday will have been reviewing that and it won't be pretty for England's less balanced players.

Yeah, Denmark were absolutely gassed so it was surely just a matter of when England would score in extra-time on Wednesday. While these things are instinctive, they didn’t need to go the route that they did in buying a cheap penalty. 

As you say, with the outcry since, there’s now no way Sterling or Kane will be rewarded for their usual antics on Sunday. 

The Kane pen shout before it was more of a penalty 

If Kane (wwe) had never taken his mask off I’d absolutely assume that if he did it would be Harry Kane. Keep that mask on you fire and brimstone bastard 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:
2 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

GO TO BED LAD

GO TO BED LAD

That was your last message to the disappointing Pistonbroke as well, wasn't it, himself a card-carrying one of yours?

Then fall, me.

I will gather my coat.

4 minutes ago, s(k)aturation said:

That was your last message to the disappointing Pistonbroke as well, wasn't it, himself a card-carrying one of yours?

Then fall, me.

I will gather my coat.

Take it to PM, you shithouse. 

(The search function says I’ve never said that to Pistonbroke. He definitely should have gone to bed though.)

9 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Take it to PM, you shithouse. 

(The search function says I’ve never said that to Pistonbroke. He definitely should have gone to bed though.)

Right then, I'll take it to the PM here and now then, you Cambridge twat... and I shall be complaining to David Usher, whose wife has a Harry Potter shop, in the strongest possible terms.

Just because you live close to an English university town, a shitty university at that, you shouldn't take it out on me, you verging-East Anglian cunt.

You should be ashamed of yourself.

Fucking Canadian!

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Barnesey said:

Could be a good weekend for the Italians. Berettini into Wimbledon final

Made a mental note to put a tenner on him after he beat Norrie at Queens and forgot. Heard his name mentioned around the quarters and put it on at 13/2. Now all he has to do is beat the T1000.

• Upvote 1

Southgate

People have tried to invade us and we’ve had the courage to hold that back,” Southgate said. “You can’t hide that some of the energy in the stadium against Germany was because of that. I never mentioned that to the players, but I know that’s part of what that story was.”

2 minutes ago, therevivalist said:

Was looking for the third-place match; I guess EUFA don't fancy it anymore. 

Pretty pointless to be honest. I agree scrapping them. Imagine a player getting a significant injury in it, you'd be fuming 

Looking forward to the game Sunday. If you offered me the choice of 3 points against Norwich or England win the euro’s. I’d take 3 points against Norwich without hesitation. You go back to when you were a kid and watching England, when you were fully invested. My first ever football shirt was a England shirt & I had a pair of Gazza puma boots. I’m jealous of kids today, who have zero baggage watching this England team. I’ll also be buzzing for my old man, who’s always been a big England football fan. He was 10 in 66 and was probably wondering if he’d ever see the day. He’s sound though, only ever took me to see the reds. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 6

3 hours ago, The Midnight Rambler said:

Looking forward to the game Sunday. If you offered me the choice of 3 points against Norwich or England win the euro’s. I’d take 3 points against Norwich without hesitation. You go back to when you were a kid and watching England, when you were fully invested. My first ever football shirt was a England shirt & I had a pair of Gazza puma boots. I’m jealous of kids today, who have zero baggage watching this England team. I’ll also be buzzing for my old man, who’s always been a big England football fan. He was 10 in 66 and was probably wondering if he’d ever see the day. He’s sound though, only ever took me to see the reds. 

Very good post.

I felt exactly the same when I was a kid in the 70s.

England were Liverpool 2, as far as I was concerned (with 7 Reds in the side on one memorably occasion).

And it's got me wondering why I've been so anti-England these last few weeks.

I really am a cynical miserable cunt.

I don't even fucking like the Italians... haven't since World Cup 1982... have not rooted for them in one single tournament since, and as a Croatian supporter, should be rooting against them "rivalry"-wise (Croatia, still, I think have yet to lose to Italy, ever, I think).

And there are people I know, like Gordon "Pistonbroke" who will be made up if England win.

And my late, great friend, photographer and Chester City legend, Gary Talbot - who died less than a year ago and won't get the chance, sadly, to watch this on Sunday in his "football chair" in Eccleston - will shake God's ceiling deep down to the foundations if England get up on Sunday.

And here I fucking am trying to fucking uberfan them down the tube.

I'd be more than happy, for all of the above reasons, for England to win tomorrow.

16 minutes ago, s(k)aturation said:

Very good post.

I felt exactly the same when I was a kid in the 70s.

England were Liverpool 2, as far as I was concerned (with 7 Reds in the side on one memorably occasion).

And it's got me wondering why I've been so anti-England these last few weeks.

I really am a cynical miserable cunt.

I don't even fucking like the Italians... haven't since World Cup 1982... have not rooted for them in one single tournament since, and as a Croatian supporter, should be rooting against them "rivalry"-wise (Croatia, still, I think have yet to lose to Italy, ever, I think).

And there are people I know, like Gordon "Pistonbroke" who will be made up if England win.

And my late, great friend, photographer and Chester City legend, Gary Talbot - who died less than a year ago and won't get the chance, sadly, to watch this on Sunday in his "football chair" in Eccleston - will shake God's ceiling deep down to the foundations if England get up on Sunday.

And here I fucking am trying to fucking uberfan them down the tube.

I'd be more than happy, for all of the above reasons, for England to win tomorrow.

Similar to me

I explained earlier what put me off and i can't be doing with it. 

If they win good luck to them, be delighted for Hendo,disappointed for Trent and Gomez who should have been there. 

On the other hand i'll enjoy watching the german bomber singing brigade be up in arms. 

For me I'm just unable to shake the contempt I've developed after seeing so many of our players getting injured on international duty. 

The amount of meaningless friendlies, or qualifiers against countries with a population half the size of Anfield's capacity takes away any excitement I have by the time an actual tournament comes around.