You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Euro 2020(21)

Bjornebye

Hate ingurland? Dont watch them then. Its not difficult theres loads of other channels or things that can be done.

I dislike Utd intensely and wont tune in to one of their matches unless they look like they're going to lose. I wont sit there getting wound up by what a set of cunts they are, I already know that, I dont need to reinforce my feelings.

Fair play to an tha. 

• Upvote 4

22 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

People were loving the Italian gamesmanship the other day. Personally I think its dogshit and they were a disgrace exactly the shit I despise in football. You want to waste time keep the ball not put in hollyoak acting performances. 

It appears that the game is moving more and more towards this tactic. The other night people were praising Italy for their glorious shithousery but England are somehow cheats for doing the same thing. FWIW I agree with you 100% , diving is wrong regardless who is doing it.

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, an tha said:

Just read that pen was dead soft.

Imagine MOTD on a sat night of it was Mane or Salah - they'd be being called cheats by Shearer et al.....

And slagged of in media and slagged off like fuck by pretty much all other clubs fans on twitter.

It was soft no ands, ifs or buts there. Fair play for not watching.

I think I've accepted it. I was absolutely gutted after that Germany game, but now I don't really mind. I'd still much prefer it if Italy won, but won't be as mortified if England do it.

I've kinda come around to this manager and (some of the) players doing so much good, the antithesis of the hardcore England fan. There's also a shitload of decent people who've had a shit 18 months, who this will bring joy to.

That's not enough to cancel out the gammon, Kane, Sterling, Pickford, Boris Johnson, Patel and the cringeworthy "It's coming home" shit from people who don't watch football, but it's enough to make them winning it tolerable. 

• Upvote 1

Everyone on ITV made a right show of themselves last night, apart from Keane. Complete detachment from the game itself, especially when it came to the penalty with that "I don't care" shit. Pretty much negated their credibility as analysts, they just call the big decisions how it suits them. Not that we didn't already know that. 

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Jesus dude, just read the thread, I'm not going back through 30+ pages to find the bits where we got called racists for supporting England.

You can normally go back up to 10 years to find a spelling mistake in someone’s post to try and prove your point but can’t swing 30 pages here? “We got called racists for supporting England”  who are “we” did someone call England fans racist for booing the knee ? I remember that bit. The ones who booed are racists. The collective aren’t 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BeefStroganoff said:

So how did England manage to play all of their games at home bar one? Thats what I'm talking about. Whack it out between countries fair enough but make it a level playing field for travel.

England would have played more away games if the original plans for the tournament hadnt been disrupted by covid. That's why we're playing it now in 2021 not 2020.

UEFA decided the tournament would go ahead in 2021 and pressed on to have games played all over the continent. But with different versions of the virus breaking out, the UK getting a lead on vaccination compared to the pathetic attempts in Europe, UEFA started getting jittery about playing in empty stadiums.

The final was always due to be played at Wembley and was therefore volunteered to host the semis. So, whoever got to the semis and final were always going to have to play at Wembley.

I dont know why people are whinging about the miles England havent travelled, these are the same people who were saying they'd get knocked out in the group stage or early knock outs. Is it England's fault scotland were drawn in the same group? That game was scheduled for Wembley by UEFA anyway not the English FA.

If it wasnt for covid, UEFAs original plan as I understand was for both semis to be played in separate countries. By want of reaching the semi and final, England will have less travelling, the same as if Italy would have less travel if the semis and final had been played in Rome.

Facts, not impressions and supposition.

11 minutes ago, Chris said:

Everyone on ITV made a right show of themselves last night, apart from Keane. Complete detachment from the game itself, especially when it came to the penalty with that "I don't care" shit. Pretty much negated their credibility as analysts, they just call the big decisions how it suits them. Not that we didn't already know that. 

Haha, yeah, all the German, French, Spanish and Italian tv stations and their pundits showed complete detachment over their teams progress. Keane's entitled to what he wants to say. Funny why ITV even hadhim on the panel if they just wanted 'compelete detachment.

2 minutes ago, DalyanPete said:

I've always wondered, after the hugging/embracing etc or if England get beat, does it all become tribal with fans fighting each other or is that just saved for club footy?

I’ve seen (as I’m sure many have) pubs erupt into stools and pints getting thrown at each other by the same people who were arm in arm mere hours previously. 

Good luck to them, seeing Henderson’s face after scoring the other night was ace. I can’t see them beating Italy but good on them they’ve done well. The Sterling pen wasn’t a penalty out the Kane one that wasn’t given looked like a pen that should have been. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Haha, yeah, all the German, French, Spanish and Italian tv stations and their pundits showed complete detachment over their teams progress. Keane's entitled to what he wants to say. Funny why ITV even hadhim on the panel if they just wanted 'compelete detachment.

Eh?

1 hour ago, magicrat said:

One of the most boring games of the tournament won by two spawny goals .

Denamark's free kick goal should have been disallowed as they were not 1 metre away from England's wall when it was taken. Surprised the ref and VAR didnt pull that.

In case anyone asks, I pointed it out to the old girl last night during the game but as you were.

10 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

England would have played more away games if the original plans for the tournament hadnt been disrupted by covid. That's why we're playing it now in 2021 not 2020.

UEFA decided the tournament would go ahead in 2021 and pressed on to have games played all over the continent. But with different versions of the virus breaking out, the UK getting a lead on vaccination compared to the pathetic attempts in Europe, UEFA started getting jittery about playing in empty stadiums.

The final was always due to be played at Wembley and was therefore volunteered to host the semis. So, whoever got to the semis and final were always going to have to play at Wembley.

I dont know why people are whinging about the miles England havent travelled, these are the same people who were saying they'd get knocked out in the group stage or early knock outs. Is it England's fault scotland were drawn in the same group? That game was scheduled for Wembley by UEFA anyway not the English FA.

If it wasnt for covid, UEFAs original plan as I understand was for both semis to be played in separate countries. By want of reaching the semi and final, England will have less travelling, the same as if Italy would have less travel if the semis and final had been played in Rome.

Still doesn't make sense. They played games in multiple countries anyway so whats the difference? Could the dutch not play the english because of Covid?

Makes no sense at all.

Still doesn't make sense. They played games in multiple countries anyway so whats the difference? Could the dutch not play the english because of Covid?

Makes no sense at all.

Makes no sense at all.

5 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Makes no sense at all.

What point are you trying to make, is it that UEFA should have made England play more games away from Wembley ?

2 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Makes no sense at all.

Sweet baby jesus. Organisation! The plans were made when the UK was ahead of the vaccine game, Europe lagging and UEFA concerned about empty stadiums. UEFA didnt want showpiece games ie the semis and final played in front a handful of fans. As some countries started to administer more vaccinations amongst their population, they felt more confident at allowing fans into stadiums.

That takes advance planning. Planning for big events cannot change overnight. Some countries didnt give a fuck about vaccinations like Russia and Hungary so played games in near full stadiums. Most sensible countries took a cautious approach.

Once again, facts not supposition and wild nonesensical conspiracies.

2 minutes ago, CapeRed said:

What point are you trying to make, is it that UEFA should have made England play more games away from Wembley ?

Absolutely they should. Look at the schedule Wales and Swiss had for example. How beneficial was it for Croatia and the czechs to have to play all of their games in the UK when the tournament wasn't hosted in the UK?

Then you got the Danes and the Czechs travelling out to Baku which isn't even in Europe technically for their QF.

The whole thing was a clusterfuck of organisation.