You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Euro 2020(21)

Bjornebye

35 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Pleased for people who are happy, I hope Hendo gets a winner's medal and I like Southgate, but I don't feel the thrill when they score like I do with the reds, was only half watching most of it in all honesty. Also, just can't feel any affinity with a fanbase that boos national anthems and its own players at the drop of a hat. It's like when you go to a bar in Spain and watch someone taking the piss out of the waiter's accent while drinking fosters. 

I can’t bear the Ingerland type fans and their jingoistic shite but there’s a lot to applaud in the manager and the way this lot go about their business. I hope they win it for Jordan

• Upvote 2

Just now, Stickman said:

Got to be hard for Grealish to come back from that , It’s  always embarrassing for a sub subbed

I know it was tactical but will he trust/play him again ? 

It was completely tactical. He did all right when on, won a lot of set pieces, which is ultimately what we were going for to get ahead. Doubt it'll make any difference on it. One of the few clear strengths of Southgate's style is that he'd clearly do that if he wanted to change the shape without it being a statement on the subbed player.

13 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Italy looked way, way beyond England's level in their last game, really can't see England standing a chance. So I'll put two more bets on Italy for the final (over and under 2.5 goals) and either finally get some cash back or jinx Italy with my bad betting luck for the England win.

England will beat Italy comfortably. Italy were very lucky against a poor Spanish side, you looked shot.

I honestly think this England teams get absolutely battered against Italy. Take it this way, they have a centre midfield pairing made up of a player from West ham and Leeds. Neither have won a single thing or played champions league football,

Italy have jorginho, who won the champions league this season.

They have verrati, who has won at least 4 ligue 1 titles, French cups and been to the champions league final.

The other centre mid is barella, who's won serie A this season and also a coppa italia. That's just the midfield,

Then you have a centre half pairing that have won more league titles than Jack grealish has had hair styles, these guys are serial winners. The English aren't

• Upvote 1

Just now, Gooch said:

Tbf only a select few, nothing wrong with not liking England, but some of the conspiracy/bitter shite in here looks like something off of grand old team is all.

Fair enough.

I'm being a bit sensitive here; I've been to England games with the ex and have levelled similar things for different reasons (and have been wrong).

Either way, fuck England.

2 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Kane was wank.  He couldn't win anything in the air against the Danes, the sub for Calvert Lewin was crying out to be made.  

That's mental, other than the typical diving, he played brilliantly. Created several good chances with his passing alone (his pass to Saka for the OG was top class) and dug a few good shots out of half chances. DCL not on his level at all yet.

If English players are fucked and take their eyes off the league in the first few weeks of the season from their exploits at this, it would be great. Especially if we are bang on it.

My big worry is that a bunch of complete knobheads will become national treasures and get even more dodgy decisions than they normally would. English players make the Italians look like altar boys, though I still fancy the Italians could roll back the years with some old school classic shithousery on Sunday.

Got to say I do like Southgate and delighted for Hendo. Still hope Italy win though.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Italy try to win it with just their midfield and attackers attacking. I think Sterling was a constant threat tonight. Mancini is no mug and is happy to adapt his tactics for his opponents. 

With Spinazzola out, I could see him starting Di Lorenzo at left back over Emerson and using Toloi in a position half way between full back and centre back. 

Should be a good final. I think Italy will probably have a bit too much guile and solidity and that that will get them over the line. 

1-nil Italy. 

3 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

England will beat Italy comfortably. Italy were very lucky against a poor Spanish side, you looked shot.

I thought Spain were decent (nothing like their side from a decade back though obviously) apart from their attack. I don't really see what England have apart from Sterling either to create anything so not sure how they're going to manage it. If I'm wrong though and they finally win something no probs here (apart from crying about my failed bets of course.)

2 minutes ago, Pidge said:

That's mental, other than the typical diving, he played brilliantly. Created several good chances with his passing alone (his pass to Saka for the OG was top class) and dug a few good shots out of half chances. DCL not on his level at all yet.

I thought he looked leggy again. Sterling was electric by comparison.  

Just now, Colonel Bumcunt said:

I thought he looked leggy again. Sterling was electric by comparison.  

Fair enough, I think the last two games have been 'Kane for Spurs' form. A bunch of shitty dives, but undeniably dangerous throughout.

1 minute ago, Pidge said:

Fair enough, I think the last two games have been 'Kane for Spurs' form. A bunch of shitty dives, but undeniably dangerous throughout.

Kane was brilliant v Ukraine, but maybe there's a bit of flat-track bully about him. 

I'm a big fan of DCL, no he's not Kane level in finishing but his all round game is explosive, he'd have beat Vestergaard in the air and helped build play.  

Fascinating final, though I can't help but think Pickford is due a big fuck-up.  Veratti v Kalvin Phillips is laughable. 

Just now, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Kane was brilliant v Ukraine, but maybe there's a bit of flat-track bully about him. 

He'll be perfect then for City chasing an ECL

I've been wrong at every turn in this tournament, made the wrong calls every time, lost $150 betting on long shots etc...

I think England will win on Sunday.

5 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

I'm a big fan of DCL, no he's not Kane level in finishing but his all round game is explosive, he'd have beat Vestergaard in the air and helped build play.  

Fascinating final, though I can't help but think Pickford is due a big fuck-up.  Veratti v Kalvin Phillips is laughable. 

Yeah, Pickford was visibly shitting himself for a good 30 minutes tonight. The guy is a liability.

• Upvote 1