You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Euro 2020(21)

Bjornebye

Interesting half. england started well for the first 10-15 minutes then started making unforced errors. Denmark came back into the game and looked dangerous on the break. Some nervy play by pickford contributed to 2 quick fouls on the edge of the england box.

A well placed free kick saw pickford only able to get a finger tip on it but not keep it out. Denmark have continued with everyone behind the ball and hit on the break leaving england looking a bit short of ideas how to break the down.

A good move down the right would have resulted in sterling equalising if he'd put the ball anywhere else instead of straight at Schmeichel. But the goal didnt have to wait long before another attack from the same side saw Kjaer put it in his own net before Sterling could get on the end of it.

This looks like it has extra time and maybe even pens written all over it.

3 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

What are you talking about? The Danes have gone forward just as much as England.

They've had 39% possession.

Don't get me wrong, if my team was inferior I'd play on the counter attack and throw myself to the ground under the merest challenge if I was anywhere near the goal too.

3 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Yeah, I suppose Denmark's 10 defenders and England's 6 attackers are an even match.

Yeah, I suppose Denmark's population of 6 million is an even match to England's 56 million. 

Just now, BeefStroganoff said:

Its crazy. Who was supposed to be the home nation initially?

It was a 50th anniversary or something, it was always intended to be played all across Europe. 

But because of covid a couple of countries dropped out and Wembley picked up a few extra games.