You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Euro 2020(21)

Bjornebye

21 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

We’ve got our fair share of dick-heads. Not as many as England, but enough. I saw some horrible stuff following Liverpool abroad.

Have you ever seen @stringvest do the conga at an away game? Now that stuff puts hairs on your chest 

• Upvote 1

I totally respect the views of anyone who wants England to lose but while not mad, passionate about it I want them to win it.

My view on it is that while there are plenty of cunts in this country there's also plenty in every team's fanbase including ours and the national sides from elsewhere.

I hate the government, the media, the empire and the war references and I'm a republican so won't sing God Save The Queen but I've travelled about enough to know most people are decent and won't spend their days singing about German bombers or looking down their nose at others. 

I've also spent time abroad which focuses my mind on it a little too. I'm from England and while not exactly full of pride in that I also have more staked here than any other place.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 7

18 minutes ago, Turkish Delight said:

I totally respect the views of anyone who wants England to lose but while not mad, passionate about it I want them to win it.

My view on it is that while there are plenty of cunts in this country there's also plenty in every team's fanbase including ours and the national sides from elsewhere.

I hate the government, the media, the empire and the war references and I'm a republican so won't sing God Save The Queen but I've travelled about enough to know most people are decent and won't spend their days singing about German bombers or looking down their nose at others. 

I've also spent time abroad which focuses my mind on it a little too. I'm from England and while not exactly full of pride in that I also have more staked here than any other place.

22 minutes ago, Turkish Delight said:

Agree with that.

* I have picked up a retro Italy top too, as they look nice.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, s(k)aturation said:

Funny, I'd much rather the side, playing for their mate who had a heart attack on the pitch a week or so ago, win than England.

But, if England win, of course... well then...

I really dont have an issue with that. If Denmark were playing anyone else, Id be the same.

8 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Win / win then!

Yep.

Just the way football should be.

In fact, about the only thing that could ruin the "turnir" for me would be if Spain won it.

So, of course, you know what's going to happen now, don't you?

• Upvote 1

Spain are weird. I don't think they're any good but they've progessively become pretty dominant. 

Still think England will shithouse their way to the trophy. Like France and Portugal, they've fostered a solidity and an incredible efficiency in converting chances.

31 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

I'd have bet on Italy before Spinazzola got injured. Without him, they lose a lot of penetration down the left, and without that overlap Insigne will be more easily muzzled, as he looks to cut inside.

Think Spain are slight favourites now.

Yeah but that Emerson is just as good, right? Right?

Still have it as 2-1 Italy in the score predictor we have on at work.

I won’t be watching the England/Denmark game. I will watch the other semi as it has the potential to showcase some of the most epic shithousery ever seen on a football field. It could be a spectacle of shithousery.

2 hours ago, Jairzinho said:

Immobile is going to need to be significantly less shit than the last game. 

Don't worry about him, and start bookmarking the hats you'll be buying.

Give us a shout if you need a hand.

On 04/07/2021 at 14:36, Tony Moanero said:

I’m awful at snooker. I received a snooker table for Christmas as a kid. I could never get the hang of it and tore the baize on more than one occasion.

You shouldn't blame waistcoats for your shortcomings at snooker. Just admit you're shite at it but waistcoats are boss.

I completely erased from my memory that’s England lost 1-0 and drew 0-0 with Denmark in the Nations League in September and October last year.

Granted, England did have McGuire sent off early in the defeat, but they were dreadful games. 

Seem to remember Southgoat playing a team of defensive midfielders in one of the games. 

Surely tomorrow night can’t be as dull?