You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Euro 2020(21)

Bjornebye

Father-in-law is an England fan, old enough to remember 66 (which he insists was West Ham winning the World Cup) and he's terminally ill. This is the last tournament he'll ever see, so it would be nice for him to go out on a win.

Also, this is the England squad that takes the knee against racism and has players who win awards for being LGBTQ allies, supporting the NHS, forcing the Tories to backtrack on their plans to starve children, etc. Anything that pisses off the gammons is fine by me.

• Upvote 13

15 hours ago, Red_or_Dead said:

@Bjornebye and @A Red dancing int the streets - who'd've thought it?

16 hours ago, Red_or_Dead said:

SD loves England FC, is this just wind @Bjornebye I don't know?!

17 hours ago, Red_or_Dead said:

Just tried to type an explanation but I am too pissed.  I hate the England cunts and won't be cheering them on. (similarly I don't 'get' your great pal @Bjornebye's love of Celtic).  Pay it no mind.

Can someone post that Tom Cruise gif of him confused saying “what?” 

36 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

Heath Ledger’s Joker is shit. Unless you are a cartoon character,  a waistcoat worn without a suit, for the most part, looks daft. It’s 12 year old at a family wedding attire.

Where do you stand on warm woolen bohemian waistcoats, worn under a coat, say, in a lurid aztec print?

Asking for a friend.

47 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

Heath Ledger’s Joker is shit. Unless you are a cartoon character,  a waistcoat worn without a suit, for the most part, looks daft. It’s 12 year old at a family wedding attire.

You try playing snooker in a suit….I gave away about 40 points in fouls alone 

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Where do you stand on warm woolen bohemian waistcoats, worn under a coat, say, in a lurid aztec print?

Asking for a friend.

Haha. A “vest” as Americans call them. Yes, acceptable under a coat. Something  Frank Serpico might have worn.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Stickman said:

You try playing snooker in a suit….I gave away about 40 points in fouls alone 

I’m awful at snooker. I received a snooker table for Christmas as a kid. I could never get the hang of it and tore the baize on more than one occasion.

Just now, Arniepie said:

I remember in 90 when Germany knocked them out and they all went on the rampage, smashing up BMW's etc.

I remember being extremely proud that liverpool didnt suffer from the same knobhead behaviour. 

We’ve got our fair share of dick-heads. Not as many as England, but enough. I saw some horrible stuff following Liverpool abroad.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

We’ve got our fair share of dick-heads. Not as many as England, but enough. I saw some horrible stuff following Liverpool abroad.

Never mind abroad, back when I was an apprentice working away I met some bad scousers.

28 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

I remember in 90 when Germany knocked them out and they all went on the rampage, smashing up BMW's etc.

I remember being extremely proud that liverpool didnt suffer from the same knobhead behaviour. 

“They all went on a rampage”. Really? Or are some people knob heads, especially when it comes to football and even more so when they’ve had a bevvy, wherever they are from?

I’m not particularly massive on international football these days, but loved it as a kid when the tournaments came round. The fact there has been so much division and negativity around, particularly over the last 5 years on these shores, makes me think that people actively shunning the opportunity to all come together are a massive part of the problem. 

“Everything is shit! Let’s moan, divide and argue!”

”Something positive is happening and people are enjoying it and focusing on that for a change! Let’s point and ridicule and actively avoid anything good from it, while reinforcing our views that everyone is cunts whether they act like it or not!”

I appreciate where the old sentiment comes from with all this, but come on. People on about dusting off their Viking hats, while in the pages before the fact Britain acted scummy towards other nations is cited as one of the reasons we are scum. The vikings, who raped and pillaged.

It’s fucking tedious. 

Edit - just let people have a bit of happiness over something that’s doing no harm. And here’s a thought, maybe try and enjoy something like that for yourself.

• Upvote 5

39 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

I'm not arguing but there are levels.

England fans have been acting like cunts abroad for the best part of 5 decades.

Compare that to when we played in Kiev and Madrid.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, belarus said:

“They all went on a rampage”. Really? Or are some people knob heads, especially when it comes to football and even more so when they’ve had a bevvy, wherever they are from?

I’m not particularly massive on international football these days, but loved it as a kid when the tournaments came round. The fact there has been so much division and negativity around, particularly over the last 5 years on these shores, makes me think that people actively shunning the opportunity to all come together are a massive part of the problem. 

“Everything is shit! Let’s moan, divide and argue!”

”Something positive is happening and people are enjoying it and focusing on that for a change! Let’s point and ridicule and actively avoid anything good from it, while reinforcing our views that everyone is cunts whether they act like it or not!”

I appreciate where the old sentiment comes from with all this, but come on. People on about dusting off their Viking hats, while in the pages before the fact Britain acted scummy towards other nations is cited as one of the reasons we are scum. The vikings, who raped and pillaged.

It’s fucking tedious. 

Edit - just let people have a bit of happiness over something that’s doing no harm. And here’s a thought, maybe try and enjoy something like that for yourself.

I guess it boils down to if you are patriotic or not?

All that scouse not English stuff is a bit cheesy but I've never felt any affinity with them and I'm not gonna start now.

Not really to do with enjoying yourself or not.

• Upvote 2