You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Euro 2020(21)

Bjornebye

The Italians showed all that is good and bad about football in that game last night, some brilliant football, but then reverting to type in the closing stages with time wasting, feigning injury and general shithousery. 
Some might say it’s showing the ultimate in professionalism, win at any cost, but Immobile just comes across as a cunt, not a professional, just like Rivaldo will always be remembered for that idiotic holding of his face in the World Cup against Turkey.

I’d like to think Immobile might be punished retrospectively for simulation, but with the head of UEFA being Italian, I doubt that will happen.

On another note, fair fucks to Thiago for showing compassion to Vargas and Sommer after the game last night when many of the Spaniards were still celebrating. Class.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, belarus said:

I honestly wonder if they watch stuff like that back and applaud themselves, or they are just embarrassed and pretend it didn’t happen to that extent

They don't care. Football is a profession to Italians, not a sport.

1 hour ago, CapeRed said:

Nope far far from it. I am pretty sure that a lot of reds have been at European nights were we've played against teams with cunts acting like this in order to disrupt our play. It wasn't cute then and IMO it's not now. But whatever floats your boat.

I've been watching football a long, long time, and some of the outrage shown by people is hyperbolic, attention seeking, virtue signalling nonsense.

It probably makes you feel bigger and better, I suppose, so I understand the motivation behind it.

I try to accept the way things are, not the way they 'should be' (whatever that really means) and I appreciate the way different people go about life and work in different ways.

It's what makes the world special to me. What some people seem to want is a world where everyone thinks, acts and feels the same.

Fuck that!

Everyone has a different value structure. A different belief system. And they'll act accordingly.

Some call Maradona a cheat, some call him a genius.

(You can search the forum for what "a lot of reds" thought about Suraez too. The same Reds from said European nights.)

Some call the Italians gobshites, some call them street smart.

Some care about what other people think, some don't give a fuck.

And I can guarantee, the Italians don't give a fuck about what you, or anyone else thinks.

• Upvote 2

54 minutes ago, m0e said:

I've been watching football a long, long time, and some of the outrage shown by people is hyperbolic, attention seeking, virtue signalling nonsense.

It probably makes you feel bigger and better, I suppose, so I understand the motivation behind it.

I try to accept the way things are, not the way they 'should be' (whatever that really means) and I appreciate the way different people go about life and work in different ways.

It's what makes the world special to me. What some people seem to want is a world where everyone thinks, acts and feels the same.

Fuck that!

Everyone has a different value structure. A different belief system. And they'll act accordingly.

Some call Maradona a cheat, some call him a genius.

(You can search the forum for what "a lot of reds" thought about Suraez too. The same Reds from said European nights.)

Some call the Italians gobshites, some call them street smart.

Some care about what other people think, some don't give a fuck.

And I can guarantee, the Italians don't give a fuck about what you, or anyone else thinks.

Jeez you talk some shite. Attention seeking virtue signalling because you think cheating is wrong , what a load of bollocks. The world has plenty of people who dont give a fuck what people think and yeah the Italians will call that professional and wont give a fuck what my opinion is. Wont lose any sleep over it tbh.

3 hours ago, belarus said:

That’s horrendous. How ridiculous it actually is could be seen as slightly amusing I suppose, but the overriding emotion of seeing that is irritation. It’s pathetic. Go down by all means if you want to be a cheating cunt, but the last thing I ever wanted playing footy was to let someone know they’d hurt me.

I honestly wonder if they watch stuff like that back and applaud themselves, or they are just embarrassed and pretend it didn’t happen to that extent

It's horrendous alright, yet at the same time as someone said here slightly endearing. Italian shithousery at its best.

I believe shithousery has now entered the lexicon, as opposed to being used by the cool cats in football forums around the interweb. When did thay happen? What is wrong with gamesmanship though.

19 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

Anyone using the term virtue signalling is a bad blert. 

I'm willing to stop using it, but I genuinely don't get the problem with it. I'm open to an explanation if you're willing. 

30 minutes ago, CapeRed said:

Jeez you talk some shite. Attention seeking virtue signalling because you think cheating is wrong , what a load of bollocks. The world has plenty of people who dont give a fuck what people think and yeah the Italians will call that professional and wont give a fuck what my opinion is. Wont lose any sleep over it tbh.

No. Attention seeking and virtue signalling because of the moral outrage.

It wasn't aimed at you in particular (you'll see that from the way I structured my first sentence there), but you seem to want to give it a lot of energy when there are plenty of more important things to be enraged about.

Why come online and go on an on about the Shitehousery? Again, not aimed at you in particular, but you brought up the mancs at Anfield for some strange reason, and then spoke on behalf of a "lot of reds".

This was Italy v Belgium in a international. Let it go.

I thought Italy were excellent - the first international team I've seen for ages who looked as good as the top club sides. Immobile was shit but they still managed to dominate up front.  

Had to laugh at the top class shithousery. You hate to see it though.   

Rice or Phillips tonight? The answer is fucking neither, play Henderson there and the holding bit is sorted, the long balls are sorted and an extra attacking player can be picked. 

It will be flat back 4, 2 holding midfielders and mount. Should still beat Ukraine but fucking hell, lets do it properly.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, m0e said:

I'm willing to stop using it, but I genuinely don't get the problem with it. I'm open to an explanation if you're willing. 

Virtue signalling

Snowflake

Cuck

Can’t think of any more off the top of my head, but they are Twitter made and bollocks

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, m0e said:

No. Attention seeking and virtue signalling because of the moral outrage.

It wasn't aimed at you in particular (you'll see that from the way I structured my first sentence there), but you seem to want to give it a lot of energy when there are plenty of more important things to be enraged about.

Why come online and go on an on about the Shitehousery? Again, not aimed at you in particular, but you brought up the mancs at Anfield for some strange reason, and then spoke on behalf of a "lot of reds".

This was Italy v Belgium in a international. Let it go.

I guess people would be online and talking about shithousery because it took place in the Euros and we are in the Euros thread. I mentioned reds supporters because I am willing to bet theres quite a few on here who have not admired similar antics when we have been playing them. I get it that you admire the tactic and it would be pretty boring if we all held the same view.

9 minutes ago, belarus said:

Virtue signalling

Snowflake

Cuck

Can’t think of any more off the top of my head, but they are Twitter made and bollocks

Woke?

I'm not on Twitter, although I have a decent command of the English language and I use the words that best fit what I want to say.

No idea what cuck is, and snowflake seems to be an anti millennial/ gen z insult.

Virtue signalling is exatly what it describes.

An action from people who think they're better than others, and publicly pointing out the faults or limitations of said others.

These people seem to act as if their shit don't stink.

Some of the same people then talk about compassion for all and equality.

What phrase would you use to describe these people? Or do you believe they don't exist?

Of course, I'm also well aware that pointing out virtue signallers is also a case of virtue signalling in an of itself.

The paradox (and hypocrisy) of life.

• Upvote 4