You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Euro 2020(21)

Bjornebye

4 minutes ago, Jockey said:

Evra.png

Not really equivalent, are they.

A lot of Reds fans were rightly fucked off at Evra for his lies.  A handful crossed the line with death threats.

A lot of England fans (a full pub cheering) laugh at a small child crying and some think it's OK to call her a Nazi and a slag.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Not really equivalent, are they.

A lot of Reds fans were rightly fucked off at Evra for his lies.  A handful crossed the line with death threats.

A lot of England fans (a full pub cheering) laugh at a small child crying and some think it's OK to call her a Nazi and a slag.

They're the same. Calling for nuance when you are using Twitter as evidence is ridiculous. Akin to looking for drunks in a pub. A black man called out racism and he was called a liar - that is how it is viewed. 

You're taking a moral position on 'Ingurland' fans - I'm just highlighting that we shouldn't. Same rules apply, are all Scousers racist? No, they're not, are some Liverpool fans racist? Yes, they are. Same with England - just more. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

The thing I don’t understand, is the celebration of nationalism from other countries, but when it comes to home, the same behaviour is seen as scummy. There’s cunts from every land, every city and every walk of life. Turning your back on “Ingurland” as they are disparagingly referred to hands more of a share to the cunt contingent

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, belarus said:

The thing I don’t understand, is the celebration of nationalism from other countries, but when it comes to home, the same behaviour is seen as scummy. There’s cunts from every land, every city and every walk of life. Turning your back on “Ingurland” as they are disparagingly referred to hands more of a share to the cunt contingent

That is what I don't get! I'm absolutely ambivalent about England, I wasn't arsed at all last night - just enjoyed the occasion. I was supporting Iceland in 2016 because I hate Hodgson, and had Allardyce remained I'd be supporting anyone else, but this team are quite likeable - and the kneeling is pissing of the right people. Which is great. 

4 hours ago, rubble-rouser said:

Ironically achieved with an ethnically diverse team.

Nothing ironic about it, Anubis is talking out of his not inconsiderable arse, as per. The England team is a triumph of diversity, and anyone pretending its success will be some kind of fillip to white nationalists is an outright liar.

Seen plenty of talk about "the jinx" being broken. It's not a fucking jinx is it? The Germans are perennially among the best teams in World Football. Were before 66, have been since. England? No major tournament finals appearances since, two semis. 

Everton weren't jinxed because they didn't win at Anfield for 22 years. They were just fucking shit or vastly inferior. Same goes for England. Right now, the Germans aren't very good. So they lost.

• Upvote 3

22 minutes ago, belarus said:

Agreed. Im not a big fan of international football. But I do love it when the 'home' nations get to these finals.

Soz, out of +ve for the day but will come back when re loaded.

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Nope, of course not.

The xenophobia and racism of these fuckwits fucks me right off, has done for years. Sick of seeing them go to nice foreign town and cities and smash the place up and treat their hosts like shit.

I enjoyed seeing those cunts getting a pasting from their Russkie hooligan scum brethren.

Sean Cox and what happened to Sean has nothing to do with it, apples and oranges, please don't conflate the two.

I just fucking give up, the stupidity of your justification. The Sean Cox example is not an apples and oranges comparison. You equate your pleasure at Russion mob violence as justifiable based on actions of a minority of English hooligans. The same excuse could be used to show pleasure at the attack on Sean. They are both wrong.

13 minutes ago, Chris said:

Seen plenty of talk about "the jinx" being broken. It's not a fucking jinx is it? The Germans are perennially among the best teams in World Football. Were before 66, have been since. England? No major tournament finals appearances since, two semis. 

Everton weren't jinxed because they didn't win at Anfield for 22 years. They were just fucking shit or vastly inferior. Same goes for England. Right now, the Germans aren't very good. So they lost.

Yep, the 'jinx' is winning a trophy. German were beaten 5 - 1 at home by England and then reached the final the following year! 82, 86 and 90 world cups - they were fucking immense. Not the best by any stretch but ruthless and won when they had to. 

Germany are as good as they were last week when people were adamant they'll beat England. The winner of last nights game was always going to be favourite to reach the final. 

2 minutes ago, Jockey said:

Yep, the 'jinx' is winning a trophy. German were beaten 5 - 1 at home by England and then reached the final the following year! 82, 86 and 90 world cups - they were fucking immense. Not the best by any stretch but ruthless and won when they had to. 

Germany are as good as they were last week when people were adamant they'll beat England. The winner of last nights game was always going to be favourite to reach the final. 

I have a sneaky feeling Italy will do well

5 minutes ago, CapeRed said:

You cant use that as an example of English supporters its twitter FFS. 

No you can't.

But there was plenty of cheering in the stadium when her face appeared on the big screen!

I don't mind this England bunch really, even Maguire and Kane are pretty inoffensive despite the stick they get on here. I don't like Pickford because of what he did to VVD but I genuinely detest Sterling, so I'm happy that England are doing well but that's tarnished by that little rat getting all the plaudits.

4 minutes ago, Elite said:

I don't mind this England bunch really, even Maguire and Kane are pretty inoffensive despite the stick they get on here. I don't like Pickford because of what he did to VVD but I genuinely detest Sterling, so I'm happy that England are doing well but that's tarnished by that little rat getting all the plaudits.

He was decent last night like.

I really am not a fan of Pickford either - total gobshite, but he’s been great so far

16 minutes ago, CapeRed said:

I just fucking give up, the stupidity of your justification. The Sean Cox example is not an apples and oranges comparison. You equate your pleasure at Russion mob violence as justifiable based on actions of a minority of English hooligans. The same excuse could be used to show pleasure at the attack on Sean. They are both wrong.

Nonsense. You're deliberately conflating two entirely separate, and different, scenarios.

19 minutes ago, belarus said:

He was decent last night like.

I really am not a fan of Pickford either - total gobshite, but he’s been great so far

I thought he was poor apart from the long ranger in the first half and his goal but he's scoring vital goals so got to give him some credit for that. The little gob shite.

Just now, Elite said:

I thought he was poor apart from the long ranger in the first half and his goal but he's scoring vital goals so got to give him some credit for that. The little gob shite.

I thought he did well when he got the ball a bit deeper - picked it up and drove at them on a few occasions and had them worried at times. He was the only one who did try and take it to them. Maybe Saka had a go, but was ineffective  

3 minutes ago, belarus said:

I thought he did well when he got the ball a bit deeper - picked it up and drove at them on a few occasions and had them worried at times. He was the only one who did try and take it to them. Maybe Saka had a go, but was ineffective  

To be fair Harry was willing to help but couldnt get out of Hummels pocket until the last 5 minutes

Always suspected it but hadn't quite realised just how fucking terrible England's record in knockout tournament football is. In their entire history (since joining FIFA in 1950), before last night they've beaten:

• Argentina, Portugal and West Germany in 1966
  • Paraguay in 1986
  • Belgium and Cameroon in 1990
  • Spain in 1996
  • Denmark in 2002
  • Ecuador in 2006
  • Colombia and Sweden in 2018

11 matches in 70 years, and over a quarter of them were in 1966. Not exactly an illustrious bunch either - outside of 66, there's only really Spain and possibly Belgium that you'd class as "major" nations.