You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Euro 2020(21)

Bjornebye

Bar Philips being in instead of Henderson that’s about the best team he can put out to counter the Germans.

Not giving the like of Sancho a game previously means he won’t start at all in this tournament if they get through.

15 minutes ago, clangers said:

Christ, that's given Southgate all the excuse he needs to go full on negative to mirror Germany. Three central defenders and two holding midfielders and a back five. I understand why he took 21 defenders in his squad.

How on gods green earth can you pick from a squad that includes Foden, Grealish, Sancho and Rashford and not play any of them in your starting eleven.

Just now, A Red said:

Rice or Phillips instead of the Champions League, Premier League and World Club winning Captain. Makes complete sense.

He won't be fully fit, better for us anyway as we need him as fresh as possible for next season.

Just now, Elite said:

He won't be fully fit, better for us anyway as we need him as fresh as possible for next season.

I know he'll come on early 2nd half but even not fully fit hes easily better than the other pair and I know the germans will be happier with him on the bench. Point taken about keeping him safe for next season.

Just now, Section_31 said:

Seeing the euro 96 highlights vs Germany, what a player Shearer was, magnificent. Never phased at all. What a player he would have been for us.

He was brilliant.

I always thought that Gazza miss because the ball was played too fast but looking at it now, he should definitely have made contact with it.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Section_31 said:

Seeing the euro 96 highlights vs Germany, what a player Shearer was, magnificent. Never phased at all. What a player he would have been for us.

He was an unbelievable striker. Could score any type of goal and was tough as nails. Houllier was pretty close to getting him in for us at one point, I think. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Elite said:

He was brilliant.

I always thought that Gazza miss because the ball was played too fast but looking at it now, he should definitely have made contact with it.

Yeah, I still don’t know how he missed that.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Unreal striker. Wasted himself going to Newcastle IMO. Glad he never went to Utd. 

6 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

We'll excuse the full kit wankerism, but James McClean is an expert troll. 

E5DxuOHXIAEDg-K.jpeg

Hahahaha what a lad 

6 minutes ago, J-V said:

Foden’s been shit.  You can’t drop Saka after his performance in the last game.

Shut up you tart.