You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Euro 2020(21)

Bjornebye

24 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I don't get the obsession with Germany to be honest. Obviously I realise we fought 2 world wars against them, but the 2nd one finished over 75 years ago. And Germany don't give a fuck, it's not like say Liverpool v man united when the hatred on both sides fuels more hatred and the clash happens at least twice a year to keep it fresh. 

And as for the draw being clear, Croatia bummed them out of the semis in the last world cup and Iceland knocked them out of the last euros. This is part of England's problem with football, they think they're a super power and they lose to all kinds of shite, so it doesn't matter how clear the draw is, they can lose to anyone. 

Honestly I find walkers behaviour even more weird than the bloo celebrations of their 4 game title win. 

I was with you all the way till right at the end 

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I don't get the obsession with Germany to be honest. Obviously I realise we fought 2 world wars against them, but the 2nd one finished over 75 years ago. And Germany don't give a fuck, it's not like say Liverpool v man united when the hatred on both sides fuels more hatred and the clash happens at least twice a year to keep it fresh. 

And as for the draw being clear, Croatia bummed them out of the semis in the last world cup and Iceland knocked them out of the last euros. This is part of England's problem with football, they think they're a super power and they lose to all kinds of shite, so it doesn't matter how clear the draw is, they can lose to anyone. 

Honestly I find walkers behaviour even more weird than the bloo celebrations of their 4 game title win. 

I think you'll find this England team is the greatest group of footballers to ever play the game. Jaden Sancho is like Messi and Ronaldo rolled into one but even better and Jack Grealish is simply the greatest football who ever lived.

Yours,

Sam Matterface.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

It isn't us and the Germans like we make it out, but there is a bit of rivalry there. A world cup final, and we've met in two semi-finals, plus 1970 and 1982. England can lose to anyone, but lets be honest - you look at that draw and if you win tonight - be it us or Germany, and you are thinking of a good chance to get to the final. As France proved last night - that means fuck all, but you'd be looking at the draw and thinking 'hello'. 

England can win it, but after this past fortnight I think we can say that for at least 6 teams. Belgium, Italy, Spain, Germany, England, Danmark, Czech Republic, all look capable of winning it at the moment. 

1 minute ago, Jockey said:

It isn't us and the Germans like we make it out, but there is a bit of rivalry there. A world cup final, and we've met in two semi-finals, plus 1970 and 1982. They can lose to anyone, but lets be honest - you look at that draw and if you win tonight - be it us or Germany, and you are thinking of a good chance to get to the final. As France proved last night - that means fuck all, but you'd be looking at the draw and thinking 'hello'. 

England can win it, but after this past fortnight I think we can say that for at least 6 teams. Belgium, Italy, Spain, Germany, England, Danmark, Czech Republic, all look capable of winning it at the moment. 

You missed Switzerland.

I want England to win tonight. I'd like them to do well, I'm not quite on board with wanting them to win it just yet, but I would like to see them get to the final. I'd like to see the team kneel at Wembley - that would be great. I like Gareth but I think he is shit, and I have nothing against any of the players. 

It's weird. I quite like this England side; there's very few that I feel so strongly about at club level that it makes me hate the whole squad. Kane, Foden and Pickford maybe, but apart from that, no issues (and even they are leagues away from John Terry et al). I even think Southgate is a good guy - not a particularly brilliant manager, like, but he's on the right side of a lot of social issues and is at least trying to use his position to show some leadership on these. Most of the team and the manager seem like good lads with progressive attitudes and reflect the best of the country and I want them to do well.

The fans will always hold me back though. I find it incredibly difficult to muster any enthusiasm for the national team when there are huge swathes of the fanbase who are backward, racist, nationalist cunts. I can't want those people to be happy, I want them to wallow in their fucking bile as they throw a tantrum after another defeat to an 'enemy' that doesn't even give a shit about them as they've happily moved on from the events of the past.

I guess I just reconcile it with the players taking the knee before every game, and the fat racists feeling conflicted as these lads with attitudes they hate carry them forward and they have to reluctantly cheer them on. It's difficult to get properly up for that, though.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Manny said:

It's weird. I quite like this England side; there's very few that I feel so strongly about at club level that it makes me hate the whole squad. Kane, Foden and Pickford maybe, but apart from that, no issues (and even they are leagues away from John Terry et al). I even think Southgate is a good guy - not a particularly brilliant manager, like, but he's on the right side of a lot of social issues and is at least trying to use his position to show some leadership on these. Most of the team and the manager seem like good lads with progressive attitudes and reflect the best of the country and I want them to do well.

The fans will always hold me back though. I find it incredibly difficult to muster any enthusiasm for the national team when there are huge swathes of the fanbase who are backward, racist, nationalist cunts. I can't want those people to be happy, I want them to wallow in their fucking bile as they throw a tantrum after another defeat to an 'enemy' that doesn't even give a shit about them as they've happily moved on from the events of the past.

I guess I just reconcile it with the players taking the knee before every game, and the fat racists feeling conflicted as these lads with attitudes they hate carry them forward and they have to reluctantly cheer them on. It's difficult to get properly up for that, though.

Yep, that is always going to be the sticking point. But, that is the case with every national side. Every racist in every country will support their national side. There are far fewer of them than we think, McCooley's for the first England game at least 3 tables of non-white England fans all going mad. I don't like it when people focus on Scouse cunts and think they represent us - I'm not lowering myself to their level. I'll try and focus on the majority. I'm comfortable supporting England Cricket team, and England Rugby Union team (really not arsed about that one), so I extend the same lack of enthusiasm to the Football Team, nice if they win, indifferent if they lose. 

But, I reserve the right to support anyone else if they ever appoint a cunt like Hodgson and Allardyce! I'm not that arsed. But as you say, difficult to get properly on board with it. I'm not in the slight bit arsed about this evening - the run up to the Champions League final in 2019 I was shitting myself for the 3 weeks prior to it! 

Just now, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

I find it a bit cliche and tiresome the 'lets boo England' brigade, I've disliked them in the past because of players, but I like the majority of this squad, not arsed about the farmers who follow them.

Yep, pretty much how I see it. 

Fuck Ingerlund and all the horrible twats who follow them who hate and ridicule us.

All those gobshites who rock up at Anfield every week and when we go their grounds and sing 'sign on' 'in your Liverpool slums' 'always the victim' 'murderers' etc etc etc....the same gobshites who were all over social media desperate for season to be declared null and void when we were on verge of winning the league.....the same S*n reading, Brexit and Tory voting shithouses.

The xenophobic media and pundits as well.

Fuck them, the little Ingerlund pricks - hope Germany dump them out tonight and I hope it is done in the most heartbreaking way possible.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

I find it a bit cliche and tiresome the 'lets boo England' brigade, I've disliked them in the past because of players, but I like the majority of this squad, not arsed about the farmers who follow them.

I get where your coming from. This current squad is certainly nowhere near as offensive as the ones which had Terry, Lampard, Rooney etc in them. 

However, like An Tha, fuck the embarrassing morons who follow them. 

My mates and I went to South Africa in 2010. We were in Cape Town for the Algeria game and had tickets. We went down the water front and there was loads of Derby and Forrest fans all chanting how much they hated enough other, flowed by such rousing renditions of classics like “10 German Bombers”, “2 World Wars”, “Rule Britannia” etc etc etc.

Completely embarrassing & I don’t want to be associated with that small time shithouse mentality.

I get we have a few idiots following us, but any Munich or Shipman songs are quickly drowned out - not everybody joining in thinking it’s funny.

4 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

I get where your coming from. This current squad is certainly nowhere near as offensive as the ones which had Terry, Lampard, Rooney etc in them. 

However, like An Tha, fuck the embarrassing morons who follow them. 

My mates and I went to South Africa in 2010. We were in Cape Town for the Algeria game and had tickets. We went down the water front and there was loads of Derby and Forrest fans all chanting how much they hated enough other, flowed by such rousing renditions of classics like “10 German Bombers”, “2 World Wars”, “Rule Britannia” etc etc etc.

Completely embarrassing & I don’t want to be associated with that small time shithouse mentality.

I get we have a few idiots following us, but any Munich or Shipman songs are quickly drowned out - not everybody joining in thinking it’s funny.

I mean of course that's all true like, I should have added really my lad is 15 and is all in on them, that obviously sways me towards wanting them to win.

6 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

I mean of course that's all true like, I should have added really my lad is 15 and is all in on them, that obviously sways me towards wanting them to win.

I was the same at that age. I’m sure he’ll grow out of it when he realises what a set wankers follow England !

I’ll be pleased for Hendo if they progress. Rashford as well I suppose. I’m apathetic to the majority of the rest of the squad.

Pickford being a shootout hero would massively fuck me off.

• Upvote 1