You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Euro 2020(21)

Bjornebye

5 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Hmmm. Win tonight and they likely get Portugal or Germany then somebody from Spain’s group. 

Come second and they get anybody from Spain’s group, followed likely by France in the quarters? 

IMO, I’d be wanting to avoid France until as late as possible. 

They won't get past Germany or Portugal.

Just now, Elite said:

They won't get past Germany or Portugal.

You're probably right.

I'll be watching Scotland anyway.

It'd be funny as fuck if somehow Scotland & Wales got to the Last 8 and England went out in the Last 16.

3 minutes ago, J-V said:

How the fuck have England lost Mount and Chilwell

They hugged Scotland's Billy Gilmour (who tested positive for Covid) after the game, but apparently Gilmour didn't go anywhere near the rest of his squad at all. So they're all ok to not isolate. 

2 minutes ago, J-V said:

How the fuck have England lost Mount and Chilwell.  Steve Clarke and whomever else were hugging and in a changing room with the little dipshit after the final whistle.

I think it's more of a PR thing. Make sure the self isolate to show the public they need to.

It's a game England should win without them.

3 minutes ago, Impostor said:

They hugged Scotland's Billy Gilmour (who tested positive for Covid) after the game, but apparently Gilmour didn't go anywhere near the rest of his squad at all. So they're all ok to not isolate. 

He was around the Scotland players on the pitch and in the changing room also in plenty of pictures being hugged by Steve Clarke after the final whistle.

4 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

I think it's more of a PR thing. Make sure the self isolate to show the public they need to.

It's a game England should win without them.

Of course England should win and Mount and Chilwell will miss the next game as well.

3 minutes ago, J-V said:

He was around the Scotland players on the pitch and in the changing room also in plenty of pictures being hugged by Steve Clarke after the final whistle.

Apparently it's the 20 minutes in close proximity in the tunnel after the game that's triggered it. I'm still at a loss to understand how that trumps effectively living with someone 24 hours a day in isolation? I'm assuming widespread COVID announced in the Scottish squad if they go out? The Croatian's will be thrilled.

1 minute ago, manwiththestick said:

Was just about to say the same thing.

Obviously Mr European Cup Winning Captain, Mr Premiership Winning Captain, Mr Club World Cup Winning Captain, Mr Football Writers' Association's Player of the Year and Mr MBE has nothing on the media darlings of Mason Mounts friend and The Yorkshire Pirlo.

1 minute ago, clangers said:

Apparently it's the 20 minutes in close proximity in the tunnel after the game that's triggered it. I'm still at a loss to understand how that trumps effectively living with someone 24 hours a day in isolation? I'm assuming widespread COVID announced in the Scottish squad if they go out? The Croatian's will be thrilled.

Just doesn't make sense.  He'd have been in more than 20mins contact with the other Scottish players.