You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Euro 2020(21)

Bjornebye

1 hour ago, Anubis said:

That is what football should be all about.

It really, actually brought a tear to my eye... and reminded me of taking my Tom to Anfield in 2017.

.... When, of course, he and I gifted Palace the win and started our great unbeaten run.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, s(k)aturation said:

... and fuck. Me. Sideways... I wish I was in Glasgow tomorrow.

How the fuck is this for a breakfast...!!!

@Mook and/or @Champ and or @Tony Moanero, nip down/up/across to Clydeside and have one of these for me tomorrow, please and thank you...

BREAKFAST.png

Beans aside, that looks pretty tasty. I’m 200 plus miles from Glasgow, though, mate.  A bit far to go for a brekkie, no matter how impressive!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

Beans aside, that looks pretty tasty. I’m 200 plus miles from Glasgow, though, mate.  A bit far to go for a brekkie, no matter how impressive!

Yes, but at least the beans are on the side.  Where they should be - optional and occasional, according to mood and taste.

And, 10,000 miles away possibly means I'll be a no-show...

• Upvote 1

They're trying desperately to force the Sweaties to pull out of the Euro's over the Gilmour positive COVID test! What did they expect? You're running a tournament across a continent whilst a pandemic is ongoing, there were always going to be positive tests!

Over 18 months since COVID broke out, and still clueless!

On 20/06/2021 at 12:48, Elite said:

True. 

How do you think they'll fair against the likes of France and Germany?

That's exactly what I wanna know. Very talented this Italian side but too early to heap praise before we see them against the big boys...Germany, France, Belgium, Portugal...

8 hours ago, s(k)aturation said:

... and fuck. Me. Sideways... I wish I was in Glasgow tomorrow.

How the fuck is this for a breakfast...!!!

@Mook and/or @Champ and/or @Tony Moanero, nip across/up Clydeside and have one of these for me tomorrow, please and thank you...

BREAKFAST.png

This needs putting on the breakfast thread for a proper review but…..would. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, therevivalist said:

The Danes are one big happy family having fun and can go all the way in this tournament with their fearless, daredevil attitude. It was a joy watching them. Wish them good luck and a repeat of their heroics of 1992.

Do they get to continue playing at home?

3 hours ago, Creator Supreme said:

They're trying desperately to force the Sweaties to pull out of the Euro's over the Gilmour positive COVID test! What did they expect? You're running a tournament across a continent whilst a pandemic is ongoing, there were always going to be positive tests!

Over 18 months since COVID broke out, and still clueless!

Not sure that is true at all! They may be wondering how he caught it - despite being in isolation - which is a fair question. But one for the Scottish team to answer. 

Maybe  if people are concerned about the pandemic then the focus should be on the thousands of Scottish fans who piled into London despite their being a pandemic! 

205464704_Scottishfans.png.de023c137658f722fa2ac3fead30c880.png

1 hour ago, Jockey said:

Not sure that is true at all! They may be wondering how he caught it - despite being in isolation - which is a fair question. But one for the Scottish team to answer. 

Maybe  if people are concerned about the pandemic then the focus should be on the thousands of Scottish fans who piled into London despite their being a pandemic! 

205464704_Scottishfans.png.de023c137658f722fa2ac3fead30c880.png

He wasn't in isolation for the whole time, there were question marks regarding Scotland allowing their players to return home to their friends and families for 48 hours immediately prior to the tournament although I'm not sure how the timeline for that matches up? Croatia have already expressed reservations and have been flying their squad in for each match.  I certainly wouldn't want to blame Gilmour for catching a contagious disease in the middle of a tournament played across Europe during a pandemic.

It does appear inconsistent that Chilwell and Mount have had to isolate due to close contact but none of the Scotland squad spending time day in and day out with the player have had to?

Sturgeon appears to bending over backwards for the Scottish team, she had nothing to say about tens of thousands of Scottish supporters travelling to London ticketless whilst within a matter of days banning much of the north-west from travelling to Scotland.

14 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

Not a big fan of square sausage meself. Does look good tho

3 minutes ago, Elite said:

Another 0-0 on the cards.

Wouldn’t surprise me. 

I think Saka looks a good player, but he’s certainly a safer, more defensive choice than Sancho. 

Two holding players v Czech Republic is nonsense as well. Phillips, IMO, has the better passing range but is being forced forwards to he’s not getting as much time or space on the ball. Rice shields well but doesn’t have the passing range of Phillips or Hendo.

I know they’ve played well so far but England should be winning this game comfortably. 

1 minute ago, Scott_M said:

Wouldn’t surprise me. 

I think Saka looks a good player, but he’s certainly a safer, more defensive choice than Sancho. 

Two holding players v Czech Republic is nonsense as well. I know they’ve played well so far but England should be winning this game comfortably. 

England winning tonight is the worst result for them.

Just now, Elite said:

England winning tonight is the worst result for them.

Hmmm. Win tonight and they likely get Portugal or Germany then somebody from Spain’s group. 

Come second and they get anybody from Spain’s group, followed likely by France in the quarters? 

IMO, I’d be wanting to avoid France until as late as possible.