You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Euro 2020(21)

Bjornebye

1 minute ago, Em City said:

Scots really growing into the game. Their midfield is actually quite decent. If one of Tierney or Robertson were right footed and they had better forwards, they would be a very good team at international level.

Yep.

0-1 Scotland I'm wagering.

4 minutes ago, Em City said:

Scots really growing into the game. Their midfield is actually quite decent. If one of Tierney or Robertson were right footed and they had better forwards, they would be a very good team at international level.

Agreed. They're ok in defense and midfield, especially with Gilmour. Not having a good striker holds them back. 

2 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Don't get the Foden brouhaha at all. Admittedly I haven't seen much of him but the pundits talk about him as though he's the English Zidane.

His play actually closely resembles Zidane now you mention it... present-day Zidane.

1 minute ago, Pete said:

Two average teams playing an incredibly over hyped game. 

if England qualify and play like this against Italy/Holland/France etc they’ll be embarrassed.

Yeah, in the Holland case for instance, it will be like William of Orange's army fighting those little blokes in Charlie and Chocolate Factory.

23 minutes ago, clangers said:

England have been pretty shit, there's just no real fluency about the way they play. They'll be turned over by the first half decent team they play and that might well be Scotland.

Just saying to my father in law ‘they haven’t even got their best team on the pitch. If they had someone who knew how to use the talent they had they’d be a dangerous team.

He said ‘turn the golf back on you gobshite, what the fuck are even still doing here?’

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I think it was O'Donnell who set up Adams. And his volley was decent too. But, I think he's a bit of a weak link for Scotland. Robertson and Tierney offer much more attacking wise down the left. O'Donnell doesn't benefit from an overlapping centre back, but he seems reluctant to have a run at Shaw. He lays it off or back to his centre backs far too often. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Just saying to my father in law ‘they haven’t even got their best team on the pitch. If they had someone who knew how to use the talent they had they’d be a dangerous team.

He said ‘turn the golf back on you gobshite, what the fuck are even still doing here?’

Does your father in law have a bulldog tattoo perchance?