You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Euro 2020(21)

Bjornebye

My mate told me about two years ago that Italy had boss young players and would be a major force by the next world cup. Mancini seems to have them well ahead of schedule. I think the nous of Chiellini and Bonucci could be important for a young squad and all have them will have the world class shithousery and gamesmanship which is vital in knock out games. 

Linekar and all the other lionhearts will no doubt have all the Italian cliches when they do the shithouse stuff in the latter rounds while applauding Harry and the lads for smart play if they did the same. Fuck the self-righteous bastards. At least the Italians wear it proudly and don't make out their all wholesome.

Well done to Wales today as well. 

12 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

I didn’t see the first half but I’ve just been watching the Italy v Switzerland half-time analysis. There was no mention of Toto Schillaci. Is he injured?

Yeah, him and Tardelli

But they'll really miss Rossi, his betting ban should be up for the next world cup though

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

I didn’t see the first half but I’ve just been watching the Italy v Switzerland half-time analysis. There was no mention of Toto Schillaci. Is he injured?

Didn't they track him down up a mountain or something a few years later absolutely not arsed about the fuss? 

Italy may not be the best team in the tournament, but they're definitely the best to watch. 

They've been utterly entertaining and positive. 

As said above, they're a real unit, they just work great together. 

The two full backs work their socks off, defend well but get really high up the pitch to help the attack 

The midfield has a lovely balance, the Chelsea lad seems a good anchor, that young lad from inter, barella is very tidy indeed, and loccatelli, I'll be honest, I've only seen him in this championship, but he looks absolutely brilliant, and he's fucking huge to. 

Insigne and immobile might not be mbappe and benzema, but either way they've a great understanding with each other and their work rate is excellent. 

I hope for their sake chiellini isn't out for long, that ugly oul fella is an excellent leader and even his passing, it's crisp and positive, always forward. His injury could really decide their fate 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Em City said:

*sadface*

Would have loved seeing English pundits be mystified as to how some bush league Serie A nobody's could beat Gareth's Lionhearts.

I would make them big favourites against Portugal tbh.

I think I'm right in saying the only way Italy would face England is if they both get to the final, and I don't see England getting that far. 

It looks like a Belgium vs Italy quarter final, should it all go to form. Pre tournament I would have backed Belgium, but I've changed my mind now.