You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Euro 2020(21)

Bjornebye

Just now, Barrington Womble said:

I'm not sure I follow. You mean because it was 36 years ago, they cease to be cunts? The organisation is corrupt and full of self interest from top to bottom. It's like saying the Tories are alright because they can't still be cunts 30 years after thatcher. 

No, I say this day and age there are different considerations.

9 minutes ago, SasaS said:

No, I say this day and age there are different considerations.

When it comes to being human, there's only one thing that matter, you're not a complete and utter cunt who cares about nothing but yourself and profit. All uefa care about is getting their games on and keeping TV & sponsors happy. Uefas actions over the year with our finals (and I'm sure lots of others too, I just don't know about them) have shown they don't care about anything but uefa. 

13 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

When it comes to being human, there's only one thing that matter, you're not a complete and utter cunt who cares about nothing but yourself and profit. All uefa care about is getting their games on and keeping TV & sponsors happy. Uefas actions over the year with our finals (and I'm sure lots of others too, I just don't know about them) have shown they don't care about anything but uefa. 

They still have to operate in a real world and be aware of its ever changing considerations and conditions.

43 minutes ago, SasaS said:

They still have to operate in a real world and be aware of its ever changing considerations and conditions.

I don't think they give a flying fuck. Again, sticking to the Tories it would be like saying the Tories couldn't give PPE contracts to the fella who runs Hancock's local pub, or EU contingency shipping contracts to a company without ships. Uefa all think they're completely untouchable and they're far less accountable than politicians. The same sort of thinking from our owners and the other gobshites in the ESL is another recent indication of these people litterally don't give a fuck what anyone thinks and don't even bother their arse to try and find out. 

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

Isn't it exactly as was described. They were offered 2 choices and once they knew Erikson was alive , they picked the worst of the 2. I feel pretty sure if you offered both team the 0-0 at the time as the final score, they'd have taken it. 

I'm not in the business of defending UEFA. But what exactly were people expecting them to do? They gave the teams an option of playing the game the following day. It could hardly be played any closer to the teams' second games.

Declaring a result (0-0 or otherwise) wouldn't have been fair to the other teams. Arguably it wouldn't have been fair to Finland or even Denmark, either.

It was a horrible situation, don't get me wrong. But short of Denmark pulling out altogether - which would have been understandable - I don't see what else could have been done. 

That team selection, now confirmed, is a joke. Trippier, a right-back, at left-back, with two fully fit left backs in the squad. Sterling starts but Grealish doesn't. Mings and Stones at the back. A huge game for Phillips of Leeds.

Southgate going full 'overthinking Guardiola' trying to look like a tactical genius. There could be fun!

8 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I don't think they give a flying fuck. Again, sticking to the Tories it would be like saying the Tories couldn't give PPE contracts to the fella who runs Hancock's local pub, or EU contingency shipping contracts to a company without ships. Uefa all think they're completely untouchable and they're far less accountable than politicians. The same sort of thinking from our owners and the other gobshites in the ESL is another recent indication of these people litterally don't give a fuck what anyone thinks and don't even bother their arse to try and find out. 

I think you may have confused until recent years relatively anonymous and largely irrelevant Slovenian lawyer with Darth Vader.

Not really arsed about Ingurland but was a tad surprised that Jadon Sancho isn't in the squad. Knew that he wasn't exactly pulling up any trees for Dortmund last season but then so was Sterling and the rat's in. Couldn't be bothered to find out if they'd occupy the same position in a hypothetical starting eleven though.

Shows just how much of a plank Southgate is. I for one can't wait for the inevitable QF exit and the wailing and gnashing of teeth in gammon central later.

I never get the full on hate for England.

I think international football should be fucked off altogether and the clubs should have far greater say in the running of the game than tosspots and narcissists at FIFA, UEFA etc. But the thought of championing other countries with despot regimes or whose politicos steal babies from hospitals to give to their party elites or taken part in 'ethnic cleansing' is just utterly inseperable from wearing the country's shirt.

I dont generally expect England to do well in tournaments because of the cliques as Ive said before. Southgate is as bad with his southern centric view of the England set up but each to their own.

35 minutes ago, Josef Svejk said:

I'm not in the business of defending UEFA. But what exactly were people expecting them to do? They gave the teams an option of playing the game the following day. 

They take the decision making out of the hands of traumatised individuals. Tell them it’s postponed, not to worry, and we’ll speak again in 48 hrs when you’ve had time to try and process what happened a little. 

• Upvote 2