You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Euro 2020(21)

Bjornebye

3 minutes ago, J-V said:

There's a couple of vids on youtube I shan't post on here for obvious reasons.

I've just had a look, crazy how instantaneously it was. He looked fine about to receive the ball and then literally a second later suddenly drops. 

20 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

I've given Anthony Taylor a lot of shit over the last few years, but he was so quick to react on that. Fair fucking play. 

Yeah no fucking about there. Kjaer apparently was first there , realised his tongue wasn't reacting called for medical help and was first giving him cpr. Humans by and large are cunts but when anything meaningful happens, most step up to the plate. God bless that man, saved his life for sure. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, TheDrowningMan said:

Have to agree. Let’s be honest, that reaction far outweighs every dodgy decision amassed over an entire career.

Nah he's still a shit referee he's just spotted a man collapse and reacted how any man should. Be weird if he just carried on with an unconscious player lying on the pitch. Hes shit today he made a competent decision.

3 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

Have to agree. Let’s be honest, that reaction far outweighs every dodgy decision amassed over an entire career.

The Finish and Danish players were first to react even signalling for medical treatment before Taylor.

12 minutes ago, Elite said:

I only flicked over once I saw the messages on this thread, did he just collapse instantly?

The throw in went towards him and he took a couple of steps and just stumbled straight down

It was obivious straight away how bad it was

27 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

I'm just waiting for Stronts to argue that Eriksen is actually dead as he can't admit to getting something slightly wrong on the internet. 

Not the Israel/Palestine thread, mate, and even if it were... leave it for now perhaps.

Just now, Lee909 said:

The throw in went towards him and he took a couple of steps and just stumbled straight down

It was obivious straight away how bad it was

I've just watched it since I now know that he's probably alright. 

That was strange the way he just dropped. Even his couple of steps before he went looked unusual, like he was laboured or heavy legged. 

Some twitter account is claiming to be a former PL medic and a doctor and is saying that the treatment he's received suggests that he had a primary cardiac arrhythmia and that he likely was shocked back to life. 

Madness. 

I didn't see it and I'm glad about that. I remember when it happened to Fabrice Muamba which was horrible and Marc Vivian Foe which remains one of the worse things I have ever seen.

From what I have read on here, the continued filming of the plight of Eriksen is nothing short of disgusting and heads should roll.

Cracking player Christian Eriksen, though tragically, I think that will be the end of his career.

I hope he makes a full recovery.

Not sure if its just me, but I cant remember this type of thing happening in other sports, but can reel off quite a few examples in football. Not sure what it is about football that would make it conducive to this type of thing.