You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Euro 2020(21)

Bjornebye

1 minute ago, polymerpunkah said:

Hopefully them stopping CPR means they restored his heartbeat.

Got to assume the medical teams have defib, so can only hope they have at least got him stable enough to get him over to the hospital

1 minute ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Pray he is okay. I just don't get why an ambulance isn't right there and they are doing their work on the way to the hospital. They know better clearly.

Would have thought its a case of not being able to get a ambo on to the pitch so they'd need to get him stable enough and get the chest compressions going before they can move him off the pitch. If they could get a ambo on the pitch you'd have thought it would have been a strecther and away while doing the work in the back, but if its parked outside the 90-180 seconds it takes to get him there is too long

5 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

It might be a local feed but nothing to stop the BBC pulling the signal and diverting to the studio or even just a still of the stadium. No excuse for them to still be showing it 30 seconds in and the zooming in on the chest compressions 

The BBC are scum it's no surprise they continued the cunts.

Just now, Lee909 said:

Yeah that was my initial thought but they cheered twice didn't they. 

I only looked back at the telly after the second cheer hoping it was good news. In the hands of the gods now please come on lad , i feel sick 

Fucking disgrace, they even had the camera on wires above him. There were plenty of signs that they needed to get the fuck away from the game and back to the studio. 

a streaker turns up and the cameras cut away, somebody swears and there are immediately apologies, now we're showing somebody's wife crying after her husband collapsed on the pitch, disgusting

I can only hope they moved him because they got him conscious/breathing again. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

It might be a local feed but nothing to stop the BBC pulling the signal and diverting to the studio or even just a still of the stadium. No excuse for them to still be showing it 30 seconds in and the zooming in on the chest compressions 

I dont disagree with that mate. What Im saying is the BBC probably didnt expect the local director to keep trying to get closer look. The studio pundits were equally shocked, Scott was in tears and someone is expecting her and others to say something at this distressing time. I dont think the BCC were 'wanting to show it' though.

Just now, MegadriveMan said:

The Stadium is very close to one of the best hospitals in the country. Hope he can pull through. 

I think it's more of a case of what they could do on the pitch then at the hospital by the time they took him off the pitch.

The BBC TV coverage of the game has now stopped and moved to non-football shows.

Uefa has not given confirmation yet whether the game has been called off yet.

Why the fuck not

Only a few weeks back it was UEFA claiming to be about the game and a force for good and football as a whole and they still haven't officially called the game off. They players need to refuse any restart here

• Upvote 1