You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Euro 2020(21)

Bjornebye

What are the BBC smoking over there? 

England expects

For the first time in a long time, there seems to be a lot of optimism surrounding England.

From the players, to the manager, to the fans - there is real hope and expectation.

One of the reasons has to be because of Gareth Southgate.

The England boss helped the side reach the World Cup semi-final in 2018 and he has instilled a togetherness in the group...

Haha, calvert lewin 'I should have been more ruthless and taken the penalty'!

See what you have created southgate? Im presuming if Kane had been on the pitch he'd have grabbed the ball from lewin as well but that's ok because Kane is England 'captain' and hendo is only vice captain?

Hendo should fuck these clowns off. He's been ridiculed and undermined by his national manager and now he's being undermined by a junior England player, all in public.

Fuck them off, Jordan. We all know if you play in the game that sees England's inevitable elimination, you'll get the blame.

• Upvote 2

Incredible fuss about a penalty in a meaningless, warm-up friendly which England won anyway. Southgate is out of line undermining his vice-captain in public instead of just making light of it.  

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

What are the BBC smoking over there? 

England expects

For the first time in a long time, there seems to be a lot of optimism surrounding England.

From the players, to the manager, to the fans - there is real hope and expectation.

One of the reasons has to be because of Gareth Southgate.

The England boss helped the side reach the World Cup semi-final in 2018 and he has instilled a togetherness in the group...

That reads almost like Everton fans.

Will they ever learn.

28 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

Where in the name of Satan is that?

No idea. But I’m willing to bet it’s in a southerly direction. Gotta love the strategically placed dog behind the middle gate.

EDIT: I stand corrected. It was fucking Speke.in 2014. 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/liverpool-neighbours-flying-flag-england-7277645.amp

To be fair - if that was Scottish or Welsh flags we probably wouldn't blink.

Certainly not if it was French, German etc. It is probably some nondescript Town in the 'Red Wall' - who have nothing going for them other than their country. 

13 minutes ago, skaro said:

Nor can I.

To think, I fucking loathed football 3 months ago.

Thank you, Alisson.

Haha I know! I just wanted it to end a few months ago. I have no skin in the Euros so that makes it even more fun! £10 on Portugal and £10 on Silva for top scorer so I will look out for them! 

10 minutes ago, Jockey said:

Haha I know! I just wanted it to end a few months ago. I have no skin in the Euros so that makes it even more fun! £10 on Portugal and £10 on Silva for top scorer so I will look out for them! 

Lay off, on Croatia!  

One better than 2018.

I was in the bookies yesterday and they were advertising this shite on the telly in there with two fellas doing a 'tournament preview' and i heard them say that some teams who finish 3rd in their groups (which i assume are made up of 4 teams) will qualify for knockout stages...

I mean fuck me, what kind of shite is that - finish 3rd in a 4 team group and make the knockout stages - laughable.