You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Greatest 80s Movie - Group C

Bjornebye

Greatest 80s Movie - Group C  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Pick Your Favourite Two

This poll is closed to new votes

2 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

This is my least favourite group of films so far. In my opinion, there are better 80s baseball films - Bull Durham, Eight Men Out, The Natural.

A League of Their Own. Moneyball. (OK, not 80s, but still...)

Baseball is a rubbish sport that makes great films. It's the opposite of f******l.

• Upvote 1

Angel Heart. 

One brilliant movie that seemed to slip under the radar over the years.

De Niro, Mickey Rourke & the gorgeous Lisa Bonet are brilliant in this.

Bonet got sacked from the Cosby shows after the sex scene in this. Wouldn’t surprise me if Lisa had refused a special night cap from Bill and this was his revenge.

Anyway, if you've never seen it, dig it out.

Raiders got my other vote cos its Uber boss.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Red74 said:

Angel Heart. 

One brilliant movie that seemed to slip under the radar over the years.

De Niro, Mickey Rourke & the gorgeous Lisa Bonet are brilliant in this.

Bonet got sacked from the Cosby shows after the sex scene in this. Wouldn’t surprise me if Lisa had refused a special night cap from Bill and this was his revenge.

Anyway, if you've never seen it, dig it out.

Raiders got my other vote cos its Uber boss.

Angel Heart is the best of this bunch in my opinion.

"I got a thing about chickens"

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, SasaS said:

I went to see Blue Velvet at a retrospective once and someone laughed at a particularly Lynchian line of dialogue and then some other people laughed during the next scene. By the end the entire cinema was laughing at almost every line, we were falling out of our chairs. I don't think that was what Lynch intended.  Also, it was some time ago and I will have to see it again, but that was really like the kid from The Emperor's New Cloths, previously, I saw it as an intriguing dark thriller and that experience was like some deconstructive process which turned it into a preposterous peace of pretentious crap in front of our eyes.

Or maybe someone sabotaged the ventilation system.

Well it certainly sabotaged my night of potential romance.

Pretty in Pink would have been a better option.