You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Featured: That was the week that was (May 17-21 2021)

tlw content

theweekthatwas.jpg.c1fbcaffb0090e7b2d3f5068e60210dc.jpg

Monday May 17:

According to the Athletic, Trent won’t be going to the Euros and what he’s done in the last couple of games is “too little too late”. If he doesn’t go he should just tell England to fuck off altogether as frankly it would be the most ridiculous non-selection in the history of English football.

Too little too late implies he’s been shite all season and has pulled a Gareth Bale and turned it on in the last few weeks. He’s been our best player in 2021, it’s just that in the last month he’s really hit form and is now back to his very best. Alongside Kane, he’s England’s most talented and accomplished player by a fucking mile.

If Southgate wants to pick Kieran Trippier, Kyle Walker and Reece James (who I like) ahead of him then while I feel bad for Trent, it’s fucking hilarious as the incompetence would be staggering. I don’t think it will happen though. Southgate is a fucking wet lettuce, he doesn’t have the balls to make a decision that controversial.

In other news, I was just thinking, remember when Everton fans flooded the charts with old cup final songs earlier in the season because they won four games #wedontknowthemeaningoflosing

Tuesday May 18:

Ancelotti is asked how to fix Everton’s home form and says “I’m not a magician I am only a trainer”. Hmmm, not sure about that as ‘Carlo Fantastico’ defo sounds more like a magician’s name to me. Like the Great Raymondo, last seen leaving Raquel’s flat to retrieve a suitcase thrown out of a window by Del Boy in the Jolly’s Boys Outing. 

Greatest episode of a comedy show ever that one. When Del realises there’ nothing going on between Raquel and the Great Raymondo and he goes all posh and says “Oh dear, I seem to have thrown your suitcase out of the window”. Kills me every time that. Anyway, no idea how I ended up on the Jolly Boys Outing but I make no apologies for going off on that tangent.

Klopp says Jota has a tiny chance of playing at the weekend. The bench is the best he could hope for and maybe Hendo might be on there too. He's close apparently. Can't believe how long he's been out when they initially said he had a chance of being back for the second Madrid game. Has Klopp ever been truthful about an injury?

This is just a teaser, click here to view the full article

Please note that the Week that Was is only available to website subscribers. Subscriptions cost just £2 a month (you need to register first) and can be purchased here. 

• Upvote 1

• dave u pinned this topic

Fucking hell, not content with digitally fellating Steve Bruce, you’re now digitally fellating the human slug that is Sam Allardyce.

And Traore is poor. This season is the norm for him as it was in the seasons prior to the last. Last season was the outlier. Flatters to deceive. Runs and dribbles down blind alleys, and barely ever finds a telling pass or scores a goal.

• Upvote 3

Great Raymondo analogy Dave, fuckin great episode. Also, imagine the new kit with a white collar and it could be great looking, alas its for the kids and not us.

Super read as always. 

• Upvote 2

it does sound bitter and probably is but the sheer amount of decisions and VAR decisions, yellow and red cards not given or lines not fucking drawn for offsides that have gone in Uniteds favour has been unbelievable, their league position is artificially elevated by being reffed to a completely different set of standards than everybody else. Fucking penalty after the final whistle sums up how they are officiated or bringing down the last man and not being sent off. The amount of penalties is a red herring the fouls they get away with or are given have shaped their games more than anything.

• Upvote 2

20 hours ago, Anubis said:

Fucking hell, not content with digitally fellating Steve Bruce, you’re now digitally fellating the human slug that is Sam Allardyce.

And Traore is poor. This season is the norm for him as it was in the seasons prior to the last. Last season was the outlier. Flatters to deceive. Runs and dribbles down blind alleys, and barely ever finds a telling pass or scores a goal.

Repped even though you misrepresented me on Allardyce and Traore is not 'poor'. He is a massive under achiever though, and the lack of goals is something I've slated him for all season.

Nuno was onto something when he tried to convert him to a wing back. I ripped him for that at the time but I take it back, as now it seems like a logical move given he's a forward who doesn't score. It's the same thing Brendan did with Downing.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

it does sound bitter and probably is but the sheer amount of decisions and VAR decisions, yellow and red cards not given or lines not fucking drawn for offsides that have gone in Uniteds favour has been unbelievable, their league position is artificially elevated by being reffed to a completely different set of standards than everybody else. Fucking penalty after the final whistle sums up how they are officiated or bringing down the last man and not being sent off. The amount of penalties is a red herring the fouls they get away with or are given have shaped their games more than anything.

They even scored after the ball had gone 2 feet out of play at West Ham, ffs!

• Upvote 1

• dave u unpinned this topic