You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Premier League Round Up (May 15-19 2021)

tlw content

The penultimate round up of the season and it was another good week for us. Heroics from Alisson at the weekend to beat the Baggies and then a more routine three points at Turf Moor saw us ramp up the pressure on Chelsea and - especially Leicester - and we now go into the final fixture in fourth spot, with the potential to move up or down one.

I’m sure you’ve all seen that incredible stat about Leicester being in the top four for something like 68 out of the last 70 weeks or something mad, yet they’re staring down the barrel of another fifth place finish. It’s staggering, but if that happens at least they’ve got the FA Cup to console themselves with. That wouldn’t be much consolation to any of the ‘big six’ but Leicester had never won it before so it actually meant something to them.

It was quite refreshing to see actually, and not just because Chelsea were on the receiving end. I didn’t watch any of it live but I saw the scenes of celebrations on the news and it was a little weird with there being a crowd there. Normally I’m not happy for anyone else as I tend to hate everyone, and had it been Villa, Newcastle or Everton fans enjoying themselves at Wembley I’d have felt differently, but I was actually quite pleased for Brendan and Leicester. 

I also knew that they were almost certainly going to lose the league game with Chelsea a few nights later, because that’s how it always goes. It’s weird how often the teams that meet in the cup final seem to have to face each other either immediately before or after it in the league. I might be totally wrong there and I can’t be arsed checking, but that’s how it feels. Same as when two English clubs meet in Europe it always seems to be right around the same time of a league meeting between them.

Whoever won the final was going to lose the league game because it’s hard to play with the same motivation so soon after, against the same opponent who are now looking for revenge. Remember when we absolutely fucking battered Chelsea a few days after they beat us at Wembley? Carroll and Shelvey running wild. I think a young Hendo scored a beauty that night too.

So yeah, Leicester were always losing at Stamford Bridge and it should have been by a bigger margin than 2-1.

It was an eventful game though with lots of talking points. Firstly there was a bizarre decision by Mike Dean when Werner got in front of Tielemans and the Leicester man just booted the back of his leg. Blatant pen but he gave the free-kick AGAINST Werner. In fairness it was a split second incident and I don’t blame Dean for not seeing it clearly on first view, but what the fuck is VAR doing there? Incredible.

It’s not like VAR wasn’t getting involved in everything else. Werner had one ruled out for offside and then another for handball. Why was he even celebrating that? He knew he missed it with his head and that the ball went in off his arm, but he gave it the full beans anyway. That goal was NEVER going to stand and he must have known.

He’s not too bright though is he? I mean he spends more time offside than Jack Grealish does breaking lockdown.

Rudiger put Chelsea in front and then VAR overturned an error by Dean to give Chelsea a penalty rather than a free-kick. Jorginho rolled in the penalty and at this point it looked like Leicester were going to get thumped, which would have been a good outcome for us given the potential goal difference ramifications.

Sadly that never happened because that Iheancho cunt pulled one back. The chance he buried was remarkably like the one he deliberately fluffed against City in that “Vincent Kompany game” that effectively cost us the title. Fuck that game throwing twat.

It all kicked off late on when Ricardo went in hard on Chilwell and it sparked mass handbags. Leicester’s players were probably not thrilled abut Chilwell’s celebrations when he thought he’d equalised at Wembley. Both teams have been charged over that incident and personally I thought it was disgraceful and worthy of points deductions.

This is just a teaser, click here to view the full article

Please note that PL Round Ups are only available to website subscribers. Subscriptions cost just £2 a month (you need to register first) and can be purchased here. 

• dave u pinned this topic

And is it just me, or does Ralph Hasselhoff always seem to be soaking wet? Every time I see him on the touchline is seems to be pissing down on him. Does he have his own little raincloud following him around?

It's because he lied when he was 17.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, johnsusername said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Guardiola was autistic. That's not meant in a snidey way, he just seems...well, odd. Very odd. He doesn't seem to function normally.

He reminds me of David Koresh at Waco. Perhaps it is all of a cult thing at Citeh.

Spot on about Arsenal. They have 44 points in their last 23 league games. That's 2nd place form but there is no point in doing it when it's too late. 

They will be better next season though. I like a few of their younger players and they seem to be getting rid of a lot of the bluffers 

3 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Grealish would be absolutely immense for us but like you said he's one of those players who elevates their club beyond anything they could hope to replace.

His turn around from most fouled player in the league to least would be truly amazing.

I like Potter a lot though, he just seems like a top fella. I heard him on the radio earlier in the week saying “I”m not a sexy appointment. There’s nothing sexy about me. I’m even called Graham and there’s never been anyone sexy called Graham”. Man’s got a point.

WHOOAHHH!!!!!!!!!

23 hours ago, grazywalker said:

I like Potter a lot though, he just seems like a top fella. I heard him on the radio earlier in the week saying “I”m not a sexy appointment. There’s nothing sexy about me. I’m even called Graham and there’s never been anyone sexy called Graham”. Man’s got a point.

WHOOAHHH!!!!!!!!!

There's always an exception that proves every rule.

I'll let you know when I find this one!

• dave u unpinned this topic