You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Crystal Palace (H) - Sunday 23rd May, 4:00pm

Trumo

Well at least we got the necessary money aim of top 4 in the end...and did so showing some character in last few games....the Alisson goal easily the best moment of the season and the one where belief that we could at least take the bare minimum from the season really was cemented.

But what a clusterfuck of a season.

Hopefully we learn from it, never make the same mistakes again and invest in refreshing and strengthening the fucking squad...which needs it badly.

Too many permacrocks eating up big wages and adding fuck all and leaving us with massive holes in squad when depth is required, because they can't be relied upon to even be available.

Too many fringe players who are just hanging on and adding nothing and clearly aren't trusted by Klopp  and an ageing profile too.

Our reaction to the centre half crisis has been laughable - The Ben Davies mystery will be an oddity that hopefully we never repeat.

Going into season with only 3 senior centre halves and when one of them was Matip was reckless IMO.

Too many times we have been spineless and gutless and shown zero fight in adversity this season - the Anfield derby still makes me really, really fucking angry after what happened at the pit, to no show as meekly as we did was a disgrace.

Too many players looked too casual too often and seemed to be half arsing it too often.

But last half a dozen games or so they deserve a bit of credit for piecing together the results needed to secure the top 4 finish and all that means for us financially.

They looked dead and buried with the Newcastle collapse - so credit them for bouncing back from that.

We have a get out of jail card now....fucking use it.

• Upvote 2

Wonder what exactly gini is saying

Georginio Wijnaldum: "The people in Liverpool have shown me love during the five years. I will miss them, you know? I hope to have played many more years for the club but unfortunately things went different. I have to start a new adventure. I didn't sign somewhere else."

3 minutes ago, KMD7 said:

Klopp saying on LFC TV that Rhys hadn't trained since the Burnley game as he felt something in his hamstring after the game. 

We need about 10 centre frigging halves on books for next season don't we!

• Upvote 1

Phew! That was nervy even if the other results were good for us.

Fucking shocking that chelsea 'qualified' for the CL but fuck me Leicester, you were given 2 pens at home, led twice and still lost 4 fucking 2! That's some skill missing out on the CL twice one the last day of the season especially when you've been in the top 4 so frequently.

But to our game. We won, scored 2, kept a cleansheet, finished 3rd in the PL and qualified for the CL when many said we wouldnt and finish about 7th. Fuck that shit!

The stark reality in my opinion is, today we were wasteful, several senior players didnt perform and would have won that game by more last season.

Im not sure I can rest my hopes on next season being a lot better purely on the belief that when van Dijk and Gomez or Matip are back, we'll play like we did last season. There's been some seriously bad decision making by the players on the pitch this season.

Phillips and Rhys Williams were magnificent again today. Young Rhys was unlucky not to score with a glorious chance in the first half when perhaps his inexperience got the better of him. In fact, the only time we looked ropey at the back was when Fabinho and even Alli added to the pressure with some suicide balls in and around the 18 yard box.

Why is a senior player like Fabinho galloping out of defence then playing a reverse ball without looking back to Nat, Rhys or Alli? We fuck around with the ball in and around our box too much and it does my head in. There was a short period in that 2nd half before we were 2 up and we caused a lot of pressure for ourselves playing the ball back and forth across our box.

Sadio's 2 goals were nice if a little untidy. Mo looked like he was still wearing clown shoes from the previous game. His close control was, well, not good. I love Mo's effort but sometimes, I think he tries too hard to keep the ball when he should be laying it off.

Thiago was buzzing about the place and hopefully, now he has most of a season in the PL under his belt, he'll only get better.

Did Trent call Ayew a tart or something for him to react as he did? Think he was fortunate not to get a 2nd yellow when he flew into Thiago even if he might have made a bit more of it. You could understand that though after that yarddog in the derby put him out for 3 months.

MoTM for me was Rhys Williams although Nat was in with a shout.

Disappointing to hear Hendo at the end going on about the Euros after his time out.  Jib Southgate off lad and get yourself fully fit and rested for next season. Hopefully Trent fails to make the cut as well.

It will be interesting to see who moves on it the summer. In addition to Wijnaldum, I expect Shaq, Adrian, Origi and Keita out of the first team squad to depart. Of those out on loan, it's probably more relevant to say who will stay as I see most of them leaving with only Elliot sure to stay.

So, goodbye to a truely aweful fucking season. I hope we come back refreshed with a couple of new faces and performances more like 2019-20.

• Upvote 5

Just now, Halcyon Days said:

This manager and this fucking team! We won’t get any credit for it but fuck me the balls on our club when the chips are down. I don’t think any other manager could do what Klopp’s done here, unbelievable really.

Don’t forget we’d all prefer Pep. 

Someone said something about the last 10 games graphic being put up and we had 8 wins and 2 draws. What an anomaly to our results that 3 month blip was, although we have grunted through a lot win lose or draw.

Really happy with 3rd - well done you red men!

4 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Phew! That was nervy even if the other results were good for us.

Fucking shocking that chelsea 'qualified' for the CL but fuck me Leicester, you were given 2 pens at home, led twice and still lost 4 fucking 2! That's some skill missing out on the CL twice one the last day of the season especially when you've been in the top 4 so frequently.

But to our game. We won, scored 2, kept a cleansheet, finished 3rd in the PL and qualified for the CL when many said we wouldnt and finish about 7th. Fuck that shit!

The stark reality in my opinion is, today we were wasteful, several senior players didnt perform and would have won that game by more last season.

Im not sure I can rest my hopes on next season being a lot better purely on the belief that when van Dijk and Gomez or Matip are back, we'll play like we did last season. There's been some seriously bad decision making by the players on the pitch this season.

Phillips and Rhys Williams were magnificent again today. Young Rhys was unlucky not to score with a glorious chance in the first half when perhaps his inexperience got the better of him. In fact, the only time we looked ropey at the back was when Fabinho and even Alli added to the pressure with some suicide balls in and around the 18 yard box.

Why is a senior player like Fabinho galloping out of defence then playing a reverse ball without looking back to Nat, Rhys or Alli? We fuck around with the ball in and around our box too much and it does my head in. There was a short period in that 2nd half before we were 2 up and we caused a lot of pressure for ourselves playing the ball back and forth across our box.

Sadio's 2 goals were nice if a little untidy. Mo looked like he was still wearing clown shoes from the previous game. His close control was, well, not good. I love Mo's effort but sometimes, I think he tries too hard to keep the ball when he should be laying it off.

Thiago was buzzing about the place and hopefully, now he has most of a season in the PL under his belt, he'll only get better.

Did Trent call Ayew a tart or something for him to react as he did? Think he was fortunate not to get a 2nd yellow when he flew into Thiago even if he might have made a bit more of it. You could understand that though after that yarddog in the derby put him out for 3 months.

MoTM for me was Rhys Williams although Nat was in with a shout.

Disappointing to hear Hendo at the end going on about the Euros after his time out.  Jib Southgate off lad and get yourself fully fit and rested for next season. Hopefully Trent fails to make the cut as well.

It will be interesting to see who moves on it the summer. In addition to Wijnaldum, I expect Shaq, Adrian, Origi and Keita out of the first team squad to depart. Of those out on loan, it's probably more relevant to say who will stay as I see most of them leaving with only Elliot sure to stay.

So, goodbye to a truely aweful fucking season. I hope we come back refreshed with a couple of new faces and performances more like 2019-20.

Good post, specifically the highlighted bit, I've been banging on about that for ages.

Nat and Rhys both played well, but my man of the match was Thiago who I thought was excellent.

It's been a nightmare of a season, 3rd is a massive achievement considering the injuries and poor form a lot of our players had, but it's over now and the pressure's off.

Sorry to see Gini go, a smashing player who won't be easy to replace, but I wish him well and thank him for his efforts.

We'll always have the Barca brace to remember him by.

Rest, recharge batteries, get shut of the dead wood, get the fucking Euro's out of the way and we go again.

Onwards and upwards lads!, Onwards and upwards.

• Upvote 3

What a fantastic run of results to finish 3rd.

They really put on their big boy pants these last 10 games or so. Winning away at the Mancs. THAT header.... With all the injuries I don’t think we could ask for more. The two teams finishing above us have spent vast sums of money compared to us. As have the team directly below us. You have to class this season as a success. In the circumstances.

• Upvote 2

38 minutes ago, Halcyon Days said:

Haha that spoilt baby would  have downed tools or walked after Gomez got crocked.

It's a good point, this.

Pep is a top manager but he doesn't deal well with adversity. If he'd have had the injuries we had he would have played a 17 year-old or something as a way of making a point and gone into interviews talking about how we had no hope of top 4.

By contrast Jurgen rolled up his sleeves, figured out a way to get something out of the season and brought the squad closer together to make it happen.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, therevivalist said:

Great end to a gloomy season. Would rather Leicester ended in fourth than the Russian toys. But, hopefully, we have restored a bit of our reputation with this great comeback, as a club, and Mane as a player.  

Not sure the financial situation if the PL ended up with five in the CL , assume our cut would be reduced ?